Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

For Honor and Glory!

Itching to give into your creativity? Take a look at our contests -- who knows, maybe your creation will make its way to the game!

For Honor and Glory!

Postby GDAUTUMN » Jan 6, 2011 (1:55 pm)

It's contest time again! For this one you all get to design ARMIES for Honor and Glory! The game needs more armies! Yay!

Honor and Glory is a table-top type game played within Eaxia. There are various types of pieces -- Heros, Uniques, Generators, and Minions.

Heros are your main piece, the one you want to keep alive. They tend to have pretty decent stats, and special abilities. If your hero dies, you're out of the game!

Uniques are like super strong minions! They are the hard to find pieces, and have special abilities.

Generators are pieces that generate other things -- such as gold (which is used to bring other pieces into play) or minions with low costs.

Minions come in a few different flavors. From weak, expendable cannon fodder type pieces, to pieces that are decent with special abilities.

So, your submission must include the following:
One Hero piece with special ability.
One Generator piece.
One Unique piece that has a special ability.
Four minion pieces, one of which should have a special ability. You may submit more than four minions for your army, but only the first four will be judged.

Your army should also be themed, and all pieces should relate in that way. For example we have sets of goblins, and elemental themed sets.

All pieces must have a TAP (short description) a long, LOOK description, and a READ description listing the stats. Please follow the format on the example pieces listed at the end of this post in the "Example Pieces" section! Pieces must also have stats like in the example section. All non-generator pieces must also have an alignment of Good, Neutral or Evil.

All submitted pieces must fit within the theme of Eaxia. Nothing OOC, no football, etc.

Please email all submissions to GD-AutXXX@XXXXX.XXX. In the subject please put "Honor and Glory", your account name, and the name of the character entering. Only one entry per player/person may be submitted.

Submissions close at 11:59pm EST January 28th, and the winner will be announced sometime during the following week. Only one winner will be chosen.

The winner will be awarded a copy of their army, and an Honor and Glory game manual if they need one!

Example pieces:

TAP: a black robed necromancer miniature
LOOK: This necromancer has been painted with pale white flesh and a deep black robe, one arm is raised as if it is casting a spell. There appears to be some writing on the base of the figure.
READ: Evil Hero, Att. 3, Def. 5, HP 20. Special: May summon any one Undead minion to the game, power can only be used once per game.

TAP: a skeletal dragon miniature
LOOK: The bones of this skeletal dragon has been painted a realistic white. The figure appears to be leaping into the air preparing for flight. There appears to be some writing on the base of the figure.
READ: Cost 15, Evil Undead Unique, Att. 10, Def. 10, HP 20. Special: This figure may attack directly to the enemy hero even if the enemy has minions in play. This ability may only be used once per game.

TAP: a skeleton strewn boneyard miniature
LOOK: Weathered bones are strewn throughout a patch of graveyard. There appears to be writing on the base of the figure.
READ: Cost 10, Generator. Special: Owning player can summon 1 undead type minion to the game per turn. The undead figure must have a cost of 4 or less.

TAP: a skeletal imp familiar
LOOK: This small winged skeletal imp is posed to serve its master. There appears to be writing on the base of the figure.
READ: Cost 3, Evil Undead Minion, Att. 2, Def. 2, HP 4. Special: The imp may do a single point of damage directly to the enemy hero if it skips its attack phase.

TAP: a shambling skeletal giant miniature
LOOK: The bones of the skeletal giant have been painted a realistic bone white. The figure appears to be shambling forward. There appears to be some writing on the base of the figure.
READ: Cost 6, Evil Undead Minion, Att. 5, Def. 3, HP 10.
GameDirector Autumn,
Exxy's do-everything girl.
GDAUTUMN
Eaxia Online senior staff

Re: For Honor and Glory!

Postby GDAUTUMN » Jan 6, 2011 (1:56 pm)

Oh, if anyone wants a copy of the game manual to read before doing their pieces, just ASSIST or REPORT if I'm on duty and I'll get you one next time I see you!
GameDirector Autumn,
GDAUTUMN

Postby GDAUTUMN » Jan 6, 2011 (6:14 pm)

Since I've had a couple people ask...

Yes, you may submit multiple sets, however only ONE can be your contest entry, and you need to specify it. Otherwise I'll count the first one I get from you.

Yes, you may include multiple pieces in your submissions, however only the first one listed of the various types (or first four in the case of minions) will be counted as your contest entry. If you want to submit more pieces it might be a better idea to send a second email to me with your extras.
GameDirector Autumn,
GDAUTUMN

Postby GDAUTUMN » Feb 1, 2011 (11:01 am)

And..... Congrats to Logary!

Keep an eye out for an email from me!
GameDirector Autumn,
GDAUTUMN

Return to Contests