Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Sprucing up the game!

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Sprucing up the game!

Postby GDAUTUMN » Nov 28, 2010 (12:31 pm)

As part of an ongoing project I'll be taking a look at our current areas and sprucing the up a bit. This includes fixing typos/grammatical areas, making things intractable (such as making that bench in the description something that you can sit on), and so on so forth.

This will be done in addition to my current projects, and is more of a side project (or something to do when I need a break from current projects).

Here's how you guys can help! I know you notice these kinds of things (again, with the bench), so if you could post full room descriptions here (with titles), and what needs to be added/fixed/etc, that'd be VERY helpful. We have thousands of rooms, so every little thing you guys find helps!

Again, please post here, or you can also email me at GD-AutXXX@XXXXX.XXX. Thanks!
GameDirector Autumn,
Exxy's do-everything girl.
GDAUTUMN
Eaxia Online senior staff

Re: Sprucing up the game!

Postby JIMMYROCKETFINGERS » Dec 4, 2010 (10:26 am)

[Plains Of The Martyr, Standing Stone]
To the north side of the well-worn track is what appears to be a crumbling granite obelisk with barely legible writing on the side of the stone which reads, "Here fell the greatest Avatar of good the world has ever known...". There is more but it has been eroded with the passage of time, the elements and the tools of vandals. Several trails merge to this point, each heading in a different direction.

First things first! Outside the East gate of Semanri, is the Obelisk thing. There's an entire room dedicated to an untouchable, unlookable obelisk. I figured this would be a prime candidate for the untractable-thingamajigger. Then re-spruce up the room description.
Bolvar Fordring - Elven Necromancer
Jamendithas D'jmare - Elven Wizard

"Ulric the Just! The devil bear has stolen my wife!"
"This will not stand! I bring you the devil bear's wife."
"But.. Ulric.. I kinda wanted my own wife back..."
"You have no concept of justice, enjoy your new wife."
JIMMYROCKETFINGERS
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby DROMAR » Dec 12, 2010 (6:05 pm)

[Secluded Garden]
A path of white stones twists through the center of a brightly colored garden. Tiny flowers with brilliantly colored petals in an assorted medley of colors fill the carefully tended beds along either side. A white marble bench rests beneath a towering tree with outstretched branches that hide the destination of a long rope ladder that hangs down to the ground.
Other life here: none.
You also see: a white marble bench.
The moon shines brightly above a cloudless sky.
Obvious exits: north.

Well, I'm noticing here that although you can tap the rope and everything, you can't actually GO ROPE to get back down to the ground.
DROMAR
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GDAUTUMN » Dec 12, 2010 (6:21 pm)

Secluded Garden

This is because it's part of a player home. :) The rope ladder is made to be used by only the players who have homes there. You are already on the ground, the rope leads up to the tree, if you read the room's description.

[Plains Of The Martyr, Standing Stone]

There's something there now. :) I'm guessing that there was never something put there to look at because whoever wrote the room wrote it all into the description. I'll make a note to further work on the room's description and make it gooder!
GameDirector Autumn,
Exxy's do-everything girl.
GDAUTUMN

Postby DROMAR » Dec 27, 2010 (5:35 pm)

Bramblebrook, Municipal Gardens]
Masses of red begonias outline a square pond, featuring a statue of a beautiful Halfling maiden sitting in a birdbath. Water streams from the overflowing birdbath into the pond, which is filled with huge dark pink water lilies. Brick walkways wander around large beds of vibrantly colored flowers and lead to the town hall at the far end of the pond. Stately and ornate, the hall is an immense building with masses of flowers cascading from second story windows, and green ivy climbing its cool, stone walls. A stone bench has been placed to one side of the garden.
You also see: a sign-up list for the Spring Tournament.
The sun is rising on a beautiful, cloudless morning.
Obvious exits: northeast.

The sign up sheet no longer allows sign up. Is this tournament something that is still going on and if not, could it be re-introduced? I think it would be a great way to attract new players as well as maybe bring back old ones.
DROMAR
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby DROMAR » Dec 27, 2010 (5:53 pm)

[Northwest Trade Route]
The constant crashing of waves upon the beach keeps the air filled with moisture, to the degree that it feels as if it will rain any moment despite the weather. Any breeze that blows off the bay carries the heavy scent of salt tinged with whatever remains upon the beach after the waves have swept back to their source. From this vantage point, high dunes capped with tall, waving grass on the opposite side of the path obscure the rolling plains beyond.
You also see: a high sand dune.
The sun sails high in a cloudless sky.
Obvious exits: east and west.
>look dune
it appears there might be a trail hidden behind this dune.
>go trail
Go where?
>

On the route to Telin
DROMAR
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Return to General