Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

multiple account access

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

multiple account access

Postby CLINCHER » Jun 22, 2010 (6:05 pm)

I take it from the message I got while trying to play both of my accounts at the same time that the rules have been changed.

">You cannot play Eaxia Online with multiple characters from the same location because at least one of these characters is on a free account.

You may review account upgrade options at www.Eaxia.com/Account
Darkheart Loadstone
thee unwanted one that is no longer around
CLINCHER
Veteran Forums Adventurer
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Re: multiple account access

Postby GDAUTUMN » Jun 22, 2010 (6:13 pm)

You'd be correct. Things have been changed around so that free accounts are no longer permitted to multi-session. Two paid accounts, however, can do so.

After observing for some time, we (the staff) have noticed that people running multiple accounts has become more of an issue (People AFK scripting, AFK teaching, using mule characters just to heal them, and so on so forth), and in turn was doing very little to help enrich the gaming/RP environment. Thus, this change was implemented to alleviate that issue.

In short, it was something that was being abused and taken advantage of.
GameDirector Autumn,
Exxy's do-everything girl.
GDAUTUMN
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby DROMAR » Sep 9, 2010 (2:28 pm)

This Im not entirely sure that I agree with because it also prevents accounts that use the same IP address to get on from getting on together which ruins any RP that those players may have been working on and forces them to pay for a service only to log on at the same time. I think that a multiplayer flag should be allowed for those who use the same IP address to get onto eaxia. This also would prevent members who, say log in from a library because they do not have home access from logging into the game at the same time as well which I don't see as fair for those of us who have free accounts and either can't afford to or see no reason to pay for a paid account.
DROMAR
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GDAUTUMN » Sep 10, 2010 (7:29 pm)

The problem with flagging accounts is that we have no real way of knowing if multiple accounts logged in from the same IP are actually different people or not. And if we start allowing this then it's likely to be abused. Someone could easily say that they are the brother/spouse/roomie of so-and-so-, and we have no way to verify this information.
GameDirector Autumn,
GDAUTUMN

Postby JIMMYROCKETFINGERS » Sep 13, 2010 (11:35 am)

I think it's time we crack down on these fiends. All you AFK scripters prepare to have your door kicked down by the might of the BloodFist Legion! You think your vile crimes went unnoticed? Nobody sins without the okay of Bolvarios Decimus Fordring.. I will find you.. and I will get you.. and then I will hit your Enter key so you idle out as originally intended after the 5 minute buffer period...
Bolvar Fordring - Elven Necromancer
Jamendithas D'jmare - Elven Wizard

"Ulric the Just! The devil bear has stolen my wife!"
"This will not stand! I bring you the devil bear's wife."
"But.. Ulric.. I kinda wanted my own wife back..."
"You have no concept of justice, enjoy your new wife."
JIMMYROCKETFINGERS
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDAUTUMN » Sep 14, 2010 (10:42 am)

Or you can report them to us and we can take care of it. :)
GameDirector Autumn,
GDAUTUMN

Postby DROMAR » Sep 14, 2010 (11:29 am)

This is easily remedied via the person/person(s) showing the GM's documentation proving residency at the same address. I've done this on a number of games where I've just scanned my letter and the address of the second player and e-mailed those copies to a GM in order to prove my residency at the address in question as well as showing a copy of a valid photo ID to prove they are indeed seperate people.
DROMAR
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Sep 20, 2010 (10:25 am)

After consideration, we have lifted the restrictions on multisessioning. However, it will be monitored closely for abuse.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to General