Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Eaxia Summit Meeting (Most of it)

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Eaxia Summit Meeting (Most of it)

Postby JIMMYROCKETFINGERS » Mar 23, 2009 (11:41 am)

I figured Exxy would probably be pretty busy with the server change n' stuff, so here's an almost full account of the entire Summit Meeting, from my perspective. I'll put the summerization thing in the second post just in case you dont wanna sift through all this mostly unedited junk.

The members in attendance were: Bolvar (Me), Chrysagon, Darkheart, Kanphar, Malachi, Serrina

>nod
You nod.
>
Kanphar says, "minotaur mannersnod"
>
Exxy says, "And since there's only four of you, don't feel like you need to raise hands. I can keep up with everyone shouting at once when there's only a handful of you."
>
Malachi grins at Exxy.
>
Exxy asks, "That said -- what do you feel is the most pressing issue that Eaxia currently faces?"
>
Chrysagon says, "well population would come there"
>
Kanphar asks, "oopssay boredom?"
>say Hens dont wanna be alone, when some of the older people come back, only see one or two people awake, they'll leave, but if there's loads of people they stay, something to that effect
>
You say, "Hens dont wanna be alone, when some of the older people come back, only see one or two people awake, they'll leave, but if there's loads of people they stay, something to that effect"
>
Kanphar says, "oops"
>say Tha's how I see it
You say, "Tha's how I see it"
>
Chrysagon nods at you.
>
Malachi says, "keeping older people busy...so new ones see a population and can ask questions"
>
Chrysagon says, "well yea theres some folks returning, and a few youngins starting"
>nod
>
You nod.
>
Chrysagon nods at Malachi.
>
Exxy gets a malachite stone from inside his robes.
>
Exxy puts a malachite stone in some majestic flowing robes of beautiful pearly white dreamthread.
>
Exxy pours himself some blueberry ale in an ivory stein.
>
Exxy takes a sip of his blueberry ale.
>get ale
You pour yourself some blueberry ale in an ivory stein.
>l ale
You see nothing unusual.
>drink ale
>
You take a sip of your blueberry ale. Tangy and sweet. It's wonderful!
[Roundtime: 1 second]
>
Exxy says, "That's always been an issue. Often times players will ask me why I don't just hire more staff.. or someone will apply for staff and wonder why he/she wasn't hired when we obviously could use the help."
>
Exxy says, "Simply put -- becoming staff always (this has been without fail for the last seven years now) reduces the person's desire to play to nothing. Usually within a few weeks. Our playerbase can't afford the loss of more players right now."
>
Exxy says, "It's true -- the more people playing, the more fun it is to become a part of the game world."
>
Chrysagon says, "ive heard some say they like it because it is a smaller population"
>
Exxy says, "I think we'll all agree that this is too small"
>
Exxy winks.
>
Kanphar nods in agreement.
>
Chrysagon says, "but yea i think a little to small at the moment"
>
You gain a new rank in Dodging Attacks.
[You gain 25 experience points.]
>
Chrysagon says, "we got your usual suspects here, minus Dark right now"
>
Malachi grins.
>
Kanphar says, "and Serina"
>
Chrysagon says, "aye"
>
Exxy nods.
>
Exxy says, "She idled out."
>
Chrysagon says, "silly druids"
>
Exxy asks, "So what would you like to see the staff/I do to help encourage people to play more often?"
>
Exxy says, "Let's leave the combat rewrite on a shelf for the moment. It's a wholllle conversation on its own that we'll have a little later on."
>
Malachi says, "most exciting things at the moment are the invasions"
>
Chrysagon nods at Exxy.
>say Just more events if you ask me, people will hear about them from other players and then try to play more often in the hopes of catching one
>
You say, "Just more events if you ask me, people will hear about them from other players and then try to play more often in the hopes of catching one"
>
Malachi nods at you.
>
Chrysagon nods.
>
Malachi says, "when the prince was around, it seemed like more people showed up"
>
Exxy nods.
>
Malachi says, "understand thats tough without staff though"
>
Malachi nods at Exxy.
>
Kanphar says, "perhaps some more challenging creatures on say, one of the islands"
>say Oh yea, a new hunting area would spark alotta interest too, Darkheart was saying
You say, "Oh yea, a new hunting area would spark alotta interest too, Darkheart was saying"
>
Chrysagon nods.
>
Malachi nods.
>
Exxy says, "I've always looked at role-play events as more of a stall tactic. Though it may be a good tool to use to help stimulate some intiial interest and growth, it ultimately eats up all of the development time that would be used for the game's growth (expansion, upgrades, fixes, new arease and other new releases, etc.)."
>
Chrysagon says, "been missing that hydra cave myself"
>
Malachi says, "yep"
>
Malachi nods at Chrysagon.
>
Malachi says, "just wish they taught higher"
>
>
Chrysagon says, "true"
>drink ale
You take a sip of your blueberry ale.
>
Kanphar says, "few creatures teach older players"
>
Exxy says, "I've been asked to run a quest a time or two. And wish I had the resources to do it, but it feels too much like a cheap jab at you guys than what you guys REALLY want."
>
Malachi nods at Exxy.
>
Kanphar says, "i've never been on a quest"
>say New items, more effective weapons that arent adamantine longswords and punching daggers
You say, "New items, more effective weapons that arent adamantine longswords and punching daggers"
>
Malachi says, "we need an invasion island"
>
Malachi winks at Chrysagon.
>say That'd bring me back if I left
>
You say, "That'd bring me back if I left"
>
Chrysagon says, "well some cheap thrills i think would be use some of these maze hunting grounds for inasions"
>
Exxy says, "The problem with higher levels is that there's no real support for it. Sure, you can keep killing and leveling, and you do get more attack, armor, skill, and health out of it. But you don't gain new titles, abilities, spells, etc. unless they're written in. And then we're back to the "gotcha" that is spending staff development time on one task versus spending time on another."
>
Chrysagon says, "aye was looking forward to hunting on istillia"
>
Exxy nods at Chrysagon.
>
Malachi nods at Exxy.
>
Exxy says, "Skull kings crash the game. Not sure why. Other invasion critters don't seem to."
>
Chrysagon says, "a pity that"
>
Malachi says, "ah"
>
Malachi says, "yep"
>
Kanphar says, "very pity"
>say Mity pity.. jity, kity, hity
>
You say, "Mity pity.. jity, kity, hity"
>
Malachi says, "how about dragons"
>
Malachi grins at Exxy.
>say Kasplitty
You say, "Kasplitty"
>
Chrysagon just pinched you!
>meep
You meep!
>
Malachi chuckles.
>
Exxy says, "The real sad thing here is that I have tons of new creatures, new hunting areas, new shops, a few new towns, etc. mostly developed. But it's all set up for the new system when it's supposed to be released."
>
Chrysagon nods at Exxy.
>
Malachi whistles a few notes.
>
Exxy says, "We'll get there"
>
Exxy grins at Malachi.
>
Malachi grins at Exxy.
>
Malachi babbles to himself.
>
Malachi grins.
>
>
Kanphar asks, "how about players being able to develop armor and weapons?"
>
Exxy asks, "Well, Darkheart got a nice new weapon.. did he share with you?"
>
Exxy smiles at you.
>say No sir
You say, "No sir"
>grin
You grin.
>
Malachi says, "nice"
>
Malachi goes over some of the finer points of Dodging Attacks with you, demonstrating new techniques and sharing his insight with you.
>
Malachi says, "thats an understatement"
>
Kanphar says, "share it! was in my face constantly"
>
Malachi grins.
>
Exxy laughs.
>
Kanphar chuckles.
>
Malachi chuckles at Kanphar.
>
Exxy says, "Mmmm megamite metal."
>
Kanphar says, "very nice"
>
Malachi says, "where do i mine that"
>
Malachi grins at Exxy.
>
Exxy says, "The game currently supports a crafting system with nearly unlimited room for recipe expansion."
>
Exxy says, "Just someone has to come up with those recipes and plug them into the system so that you guys can make those items."
>
Exxy says, "You can't"
>
Exxy winks at Malachi.
>
Malachi flails his arms around.
>
Kanphar says, "how about a library to learn those things"
>
Exxy says, "Ask Darkheart to melt down his war-forged megamir cleaver. I'm sure he won't mind."
>
Kanphar laughs.
>
Exxy asks, "To learn what things, exactly?"
>
Exxy smiles at Kanphar.
>
Kanphar says, "any new skills like weaponery or armor"
>
Exxy says, "Are we talking about the crafting system still? Not sure I'm following you"
>
Malachi laughs.
>say Thoughts a second
You say, "Thoughts a second"
>
Chrysagon says, "say guys, keep getting busy here"
>
Chrysagon says, "um sorry that is"
>
Kanphar says, "say any new info that one would need to forge weapons or armor"
>
Chrysagon says, "you can create recipes you say"
>
Kanphar says, "or new skills in alchemy"
>say I'm still stuck on a new prestige for fighters, got a great idea for one right up here
You say, "I'm still stuck on a new prestige for fighters, got a great idea for one right up here"
>tap bolv
You tap your finger to your forehead.
>
Kanphar says, "any new info"
>
Exxy says, "Well, discovering the recipes once they're in the system is the fun part... and anything fun that takes time to discover is not something you want to ruin with step-by-step ingame instructions."
>
Chrysagon says, "i want an adamantine spoon"
>
Kanphar asks, "but how does one even get a clue?"
>
Malachi says, "yup"
>
Kanphar asks, "not even a hint?"
>
Exxy says, "The recipes themselves though are on the programming side of the game. For example, if I want you guys to be able to create an arrow, I have to make a recipe that involves two ingredients (probably a wooden shaft and arrowhead) and the workstation type."
>
Exxy says, "And then I need to create another recipe that lets you make the wooden shaft and another recipe for the arrowhead."
>
Exxy says, "It's making the recipes that's time consuming... but if time was spent there, you guys could definitely wind up making weapons and armor better than what comes from drops."
>
>
Exxy asks, "The question is -- is that the best use of the available staff resources we have? Should I spend time on that? Or on roleplay events? Or new spells and abilities? Or...?"
>
Kanphar ponders.
>say Spells and abilities imo
You say, "Spells and abilities imo"
>
Malachi goes over some of the finer points of Dodging Attacks with you, demonstrating new techniques and sharing his insight with you.
>
Exxy says, "I'm pretty much willing to spend time in whatever areas the playerbase wants, I just need to nkow if that's the general concensus."
>say Scour Soul is fun for a little while, but not that usefull all=together
You say, "Scour Soul is fun for a little while, but not that usefull all=together"
>
>
Kanphar says, "for starters. most likely role play events i think"
>
Kanphar says, "to get more players to return that is"
>rub bolv
You rub your nose.
>
Malachi says, "making weapons and armor is fun...but with nothing new to fight with, not sure thats the answer"
>
Malachi ponders.
>
Kanphar nods in agreement.
>
Chrysagon grumbles.
>
Malachi says, "if i have dagger at 456...and i make a sweet new one, I dont think i will go train it for hours on end"
>
Malachi ponders.
>
Chrysagon says, "lemme backtrack see what i missed"
>
>
>
Kanphar says, "the role play makes sense to concentrate on first to me"
>grin
You grin.
>
Chrysagon says, "and some cheap fixes "
>
Chrysagon says, "not so much development but making some use of what we got"
>
Malachi grins at Chrysagon.
>
Malachi nods.
>say Aye, now that I think about it most players would probably look past it, but if you brought out some new abilities they might start thinkin, "Hey, they're workin on Eaxia, maybe I should check it out" I dunno
>
You say, "Aye, now that I think about it most players would probably look past it, but if you brought out some new abilities they might start thinkin, "Hey, they're workin on Eaxia, maybe I should check it out" I dunno"
>
Chrysagon says, "since we short handed at the moment"
>scra bolv
You scratch your head, looking bemused.
>
Chrysagon says, "yea some activity of some sort"
>
Exxy says, "Okay, let's take a vote -- and bear in mind that you should consider those who aren't here in your answer"
>
Exxy says, "Give me a moment to give you all of the options before voting:"
>
(1) Spend as much time developing new role-play events (invasions, quests, puzzles/mysteries, etc.) on a regular basis -- players will know when they will happen in advance and want to show up in larger groups. An occasional random invasion and light development in whatever spare time is left over.
>
Malachi raises his hand.
>
Malachi chuckles.
>
Chrysagon laughs at Malachi.
>
>
(2) Focus on new creatures to fight, new hunting areas to put them in, and new spells/abilities/equipment treasure drops to combat them with. The more game expansion, the better. Time remaining will go into minor invasions.
>
(3) Develop time-consuming and fun subsystems, like expanding crafting and home-building. Anything that lets players create and grow the game themselves using these kinds of tools.
>
* Natural Priestess Serina Hexa joins the adventure.
>
Chrysagon says, "ah"
>
Chrysagon says, "lets start all over"
>
Chrysagon grins.
>snick
You snicker.
>
Malachi chuckles.
>
(4) Work on very high-end premium roleplay experiences; quests, in particular. With minor focus on automated quests (gather X items, kill X beasts, etc.) for rewards.
>
Chrysagon seems to be focusing intently on some gray ensyiatite horn sleeves that encase the entire horn.
>
Malachi tugs at his earlobe and scratches behind it.
>
(5) Forgo all current development and focus resources in another direction entirely (combat rewrite, game rebuild, etc.)
>
Exxy says, "With minor variance, I don't think I skipped any options. Go ahead and cast a vote."
Kanphar asks, "would number 3 take some load off of you in the long run?"
>
Chrysagon asks, "could ya snatch Serina for us Exxy?"
>say Numbers 1 and 4 seem very short sighted, if I were to vote, I'd say 5 or 2
You say, "Numbers 1 and 4 seem very short sighted, if I were to vote, I'd say 5 or 2" (My opinion matters the most)
>
Exxy says, "With respect to items (1), (2), (4), and (5)? Not really. But anything that players create, other players can enjoy and depend on -- building a supply-and-demand economy. That's always great for comraderie."
>say Probably 2 to get stuff out quicker, then work on 5
>
You say, "Probably 2 to get stuff out quicker, then work on 5"
>
>
Malachi says, "2 if the new stuff leans towards bigger critters"
>
Malachi smiles at Exxy.
>
Chrysagon ponders.
>
Exxy says, "Serina has been offered teleportation.. she has yet to accept it."
>
Chrysagon seems to be focusing intently on some gray ensyiatite horn sleeves that encase the entire horn.
>
Chrysagon chuckles.
>
Chrysagon ponders.
>
Kanphar ponders.
>
Exxy seems to be focusing intently on something.
>
Malachi says, "most of the people that left were old, I think"
>
The air ripples with the distortion of some magic and you notice Serina appears, looking dazed and confused.
>
Serina smiles.
>
Exxy smiles at Serina.
>
Serina sits down.
>
Kanphar hugs Serina.
>
Serina hugs Kanphar.
>
Kanphar says, "welcome"
>
Serina stands up.
>
Serina sits down on a comfy couch.
>
Exxy says, "We've been at it for a while, but you're in the middle of a poll to vote on what my time would be best spent on, considering that I'm all we have for staff resources and considering why other people left and what would help make the game more fun (for you and them)."
>
Chrysagon asks, "can we do a line item veto?"
>
Chrysagon grins.
>
Exxy says, "I'll re-send the voting options so you have a chance to see them, Serina"
>
Exxy smiles.
>
>
Serina says, "thanks"
>
Exxy says, "Help yourself to the chocolate and grass pie."
>
Malachi snickers.
>
Exxy nods at a low stand serving chocolate and grass pie.
>
Kanphar takes a bite of his apple pie.
>
(1) Spend as much time developing new role-play events (invasions, quests, puzzles/mysteries, etc.) on a regular basis -- players will know when they will happen in advance and want to show up in larger groups. An occasional random invasion and light development in whatever spare time is left over.
>
(2) Focus on new creatures to fight, new hunting areas to put them in, and new spells/abilities/equipment treasure drops to combat them with. The more game expansion, the better. Time remaining will go into minor invasions.
>
(3) Develop time-consuming and fun subsystems, like expanding crafting and home-building. Anything that lets players create and grow the game themselves using these kinds of tools.
>
(4) Work on very high-end premium roleplay experiences; quests, in particular. With minor focus on automated quests (gather X items, kill X beasts, etc.) for rewards.
>
(5) Forgo all current development and focus resources in another direction entirely (combat rewrite, game rebuild, etc.)[/
color]
>
Chrysagon says, "i wouldnt mind random minor invasions you can throw out while you work on a quest idea"
>
[color=red]Exxy says
, "Those are all of the options."
>
Serina nods.
>
Exxy says, "I'd like each of you to consider yourself and others -- and then vote for one of the options above as a primary interest and another option as a secondary interest."
>
>
Exxy says, "You may whisper to me if you'd like your vote to be anonymous."
>whisp exxy I vote more interesting food items
You whisper to Exxy.
>get grass pie
You help yourself to some chocolate and grass pie.
>
Exxy tickles you.
>eat pie
You take a bite of the grass pie. The warm, rich chocolate and crunchy walnuts are a perfect delight.
[Roundtime: 2 seconds]
>grin
You grin.
>
Chrysagon says, "well i am leaning towards 1 and 2"
>
Exxy asks, "Which is more important?"
>say 2 as a primary, 5 as a secondary
You say, "2 as a primary, 5 as a secondary"
>
Malachi says, "2 and 1"
>
Chrysagon says, "like bolvar says maybe short term but could generate some player activity"
>
>
Chrysagon says, "theres still oldtimers popping in to check"
>
Chrysagon says, "like ol bernie"
>
Serina says, "I am not sure what I want falls under these "
>
Malachi says, "they need things to do"
>
Malachi nods.
>
Kanphar says, "1 and 2 here"
>
Exxy asks, "What do you feel would be the most beneficial use of my time, Serina?"
>
Chrysagon asks, "what ya thinking Serina?"
>
Serina asks, "so if I want some shops fixed and maybe some more added what number would that be under ?"
>
Chrysagon says, "ah good"
>
Malachi grins at Serina.
>
>
Chrysagon says, "like whats with the vrungs shops"
>
Serina says, "I like clothes and items "
Chrysagon nods at Serina.
>drink ale
>stow pie
You put some chocolate and grass pie in a muddy brown leather backpack.
>
Chrysagon pours himself some blueberry ale in an ivory stein.
>
Serina says, "and to be honest the womens wear here is bad"
>
Serina smiles.
>
Malachi pours himself some blueberry ale in an ivory stein.
>
Malachi takes a sip of his blueberry ale.
>
Exxy says, "To some degree, that would fall under (2) but is mostly under (5)."
>chug ale
You throw back your head, chug the rest of your blueberry ale and toss the empty stein aside. Tangy and sweet. It's wonderful!
[Roundtime: 3 seconds]
>
Kanphar takes a bite of his apple pie.
Kanphar finishes off the last of the pie and sets the dish aside.
>
Chrysagon takes a sip of his blueberry ale.
>
Malachi throws back his head, chugs the rest of his blueberry ale and tosses the empty stein aside.
>
>
>
Malachi taps a large keg of blueberry ale.
>
Serina says, "Ok so fixing the existing shops and guilds would be my vote"
>
Malachi grins.
>
Malachi snickers.
>
Kanphar asks, "you said if the new combat system gets going, new areas are already to go?"
>
Exxy says, "I'm going to go by numbers and weigh the votes based on primary/secondary choices. Can you pick from the numbers listed? It sounds like you are a (5) and a (2)."
>
Exxy says, "Mostly, yep"
>
Exxy nods at Kanphar.
>
>
Serina says, "thanks those are my votes "
>
Serina nods at Exxy.
Kanphar says, "change me to 2, 5"
>
Malachi says, "2 and 1 for me"
>say 2 and 5 for me
You say, "2 and 5 for me"
>
Chrysagon says, "1 and 2 here as well, generate some interest for the launch"
>
Malachi inhales deeply.
>
Chrysagon says, "man we're all over the place"
>
Chrysagon laughs.
>
Exxy asks, "Okay, is everyone satisfied with their final votes before I go and crunch some numbers?"
>strang bolv
You hold your breath. You feel a little light headed.
>nod
You nod.
>
Serina says, "I am"
>
Malachi grins at you.
>
Malachi nods.
>
Malachi exhales slowly.
>
>
>
Kanphar nods.
>
Chrysagon says, "got a vague quest idea too"
>
Malachi peers curiously at Chrysagon.
>
Exxy says, "Okay, the results are pretty clear"
>
Chrysagon says, "called kill bolvar"
>
Malachi laughs.
>
Chrysagon attempts to choke the life out of you. Wow, someone's angry!
>
Kanphar chuckles.
>say Already been done
You say, "Already been done"
>say Trademarked by Brenn
>
You say, "Trademarked by Brenn"
>l
Malachi grins.
>
Chrysagon says, "we could do it again and again"
>
Exxy says, "Overall, you would prefer to have time spent on (2) first and (5) second."
>
Chrysagon laughs at you.
>
Kanphar cheers.
>
>
Exxy says, "I gave each primary vote +3 pts and secondary vote +2 pts."
>
Exxy says, "#2 came out in the lead with 13 total points"
>
Exxy says, "#5 with 7 points"
>
Exxy says, "#1 with 5 points"
>
Exxy says, "#3 and #4 were not voted for at all and have 0 points."
>
Malachi says, "keeping in mind that eaxia still has tons to offer for the youngins"
>
Chrysagon says, "not that they were bad"
>
>
Chrysagon says, "but concentrating your efforts"
>
Malachi grins.
>nod
You nod.
>
Exxy says, "I'm ammending #5 to include time spent on general game expansion (towns, stores, etc.) per Serina"
>
Serina beams!
>
Malachi grins.
>
Serina says, "I like cute stuff I can not help myself"
>cough bolv
You clear your throat.
>
Chrysagon chuckles at Serina.
>
Malachi pours himself some blueberry ale in an ivory stein.
>get ale
Malachi takes a sip of his blueberry ale.
>
You pour yourself some blueberry ale in an ivory stein.
>
Kanphar asks, "now the question is..... where are you with the new combat system?"
>
Malachi snickers at you.
>drink ale
You take a sip of your blueberry ale. Tangy and sweet. It's wonderful!
>say Elves, eh?
You ask, "Elves, eh?"
>say What're you gonna do
You say, "What're you gonna do"
>
Overall, you guys would prefer I focus on new creatures to fight, new hunting areas to put them in, and new spells/abilities/equipment treasure drops to combat them with. The more game expansion, the better. Time remaining will go into minor invasions and general game expansion.
>
Serina nods.
>
Exxy asks, "Does that sound right by all of you?"
>nod
>
Malachi throws back his head, chugs the rest of his blueberry ale and tosses the empty stein aside.
>
You nod.
>
>
Kanphar nods.
>
Malachi nods.
>
Chrysagon says, "over all yes"
>
Serina says, "yes"
>
Chrysagon says, "odd locations i would like too invasion wise"
>
>
Chrysagon says, "that hunting in the swamp was a lot of fun"
>
Malachi says, "always my answer"
>
Malachi chuckles.
>say A gigantic floating rock in a dark purpled backgrounded void
>
You say, "A gigantic floating rock in a dark purpled backgrounded void"
>say And you could fall of the edges and die like in the diamond tower
You say, "And you could fall of the edges and die like in the diamond tower"
>
Malachi says, "but if skull kings crash system...."
>
Chrysagon says, "istillia i was drooling over, make that maze fun"
>
Exxy says, "I'm going to lock you in a wardrobe and invade it with a million fire ants."
>snick
You snicker.
>
Chrysagon says, "lets vote on that"
>
Malachi laughs.
Kanphar grins.
>
Serina laughs.
>
Exxy chortles quietly.
>
Chrysagon raises his hand.
>raise hand
You raise your hand.
>
Malachi raises his warped cane to the sky.
>drink ale
>
>
Exxy raises his blood pressure.
>
Chrysagon asks, "did you load up every room on istillia or just the beach?"
>
Malachi laughs.
>
Chrysagon laughs a wicked, sinister laugh.
>
Exxy
says, "I had loaded up the full jungle.."
>say Paladins.. pfft
You say, "Paladins.. pfft"
>laugh nervous
You release a nervous twitter.
>
Kanphar begins to watch you closely.
>
Chrysagon drools.
>fidg
You fidget nervously.
>
Chrysagon says, "could we try it without the skullkings"
>
Kanphar says, "that's a shame"
>
Malachi babbles.
>
>
Serina says, "I have to catch one of these invasion "
>
Chrysagon nods at Serina in agreement.
>
Chrysagon says, "could deffinately use you"
>
Exxy asks, "Is everyone here familiar with the name Rich Mondy?"
>
Malachi smiles at Exxy.
>say Yessir
You say, "Yessir"
>
Chrysagon asks, "hmm Dark gonna vote too?"
>
Malachi nods.
>
>
Kanphar nods.
>
Chrysagon asks, "who?"
>
>
Kanphar says, "know the name"
>say CEO person I think, somethin like that
You say, "CEO person I think, somethin like that"
>say Leader people
You say, "Leader people"
>
Exxy says, "Rich Mondy is known to Haelrahv players as Trevor Rage (and also to Modus Operandi, back when he GM'd there). He has been my business partner since 2002."
>
Malachi laughs at you.
>
Chrysagon says, "ah"
>
Serina nods.
>
Chrysagon says, "trevor sounds familiar"
>
Chrysagon says, "for some reason"
>
Exxy says, "He houses all of our servers -- previously in Florida, then for the last year in Kentucky. Well I'll spare you a long story there, but his brother screwed him over financially so I invited him and his wife Sarah (who's a GM over at Haelrahv) to come live here for a while and start some things over."
>
>
Chrysagon frowns.
>
Kanphar says, "very nice of you"
>
Exxy says, "He's driving out here over the next four days. To prevent server downtime, we transfered all of the services (games, DNs, e-mail, websites, billing systems, FTP, database, you name it) over to my personal network (I have a few PC's here). That's where we're currently running."
>
Serina nods at Exxy.
>
Kanphar nods.
>
Exxy says, "Sometime in the week following this next one (in ~9-14 days), we will be transfering the games back to the real servers, which will include some minor downtime."
>
Exxy says, "Either or both may also assist in running minor events and such to compliment my time."
>
Kanphar grins.
>
Exxy says, "If you see some new staff faces -- most likely it'll be theirs."
>
Malachi nods at Exxy.
>
Serina says, "I talked to Rich in Email before he is a really nice guy"
>
Exxy says, "I'll be spending this next week and weekend orienting them to this side of the country (it's a 1900+ mile drive) and as a result, I won't be around very much. After that, we'll start hitting this plan we've voted on."
>
Chrysagon asks, "where you situated?"
>
Exxy says, "Also, so you're all aware, the feedback form and alteration submission form at our website appears to be broken. I gave it a quick glance and it LOOKS like it's using the right mailserver. I haven't felt inclined to spend any real time on it since we're moving the mail, web, etc. services back here shortly anyway. But in case anyone has a problem with not getting a reply, please let them know."
>
Exxy says, "I live in Boise, ID. I moved here May 2nd, 2007."
>say Gotta love them potatoes
You say, "Gotta love them potatoes"
>
Malachi grins.
>
Chrysagon says, "and boise state"
>
Chrysagon says, "rah"
>watch chry
You begin to watch Chrysagon closely.
>
Chrysagon cackles at you.
>say Longhorns.. pft
You say, "Longhorns.. pft"
>
>say Just remembered
You say, "Just remembered"
>
Chrysagon says, "how"
>
Chrysagon says, "did you guess"
>
Chrysagon grins at you.
>say You told me
You say, "You told me"
>grin
You grin.
>
Exxy says, "Previously from Kingman, AZ where I was there since Nov, 2005. Previously Bessemer, AL where I was there since Oct, 2003. Previously from Kingman, AZ (again) where I was there since Jan 2002. Previously from Denver, CO where I was there since Sep 1999. Before that I was in California my whole life, mostly central valley and southern bay area."
>say Outta try Iowa, nice cold winters, scorching hot summers
You say, "Outta try Iowa, nice cold winters, scorching hot summers"
>
Chrysagon nods at Exxy.
>
>
Malachi laughs.
>
Kanphar smiles at Exxy.
>
Malachi nods at you.
>
Malachi says, "yep"
>
Exxy says, "Actually I have a great career here and am looking to buy a house."
>grin
You grin.
>
Exxy says, "I doubt I'll move again for a very, very long time."
>
Kanphar says, "putting down roots then"
>
Kanphar grins at Exxy.
>
Malachi chuckles.
>
Malachi grins.

You whisper to Malachi.
>
Chrysagon says, "sounds like a good plan"
>
Exxy nods.
>
>
Exxy says, "Trying to"
>
Malachi whispers, "was there 18 years"
>
Malachi nods at Exxy.
>You whisper to Malachi.
>snick bolv
You snicker to yourself.
>
Exxy says, "From Aug 2001 to May 2007, I only ever worked for/on Eaxia."
>
>
Exxy says, "At its peak, my hourly wage was about $2.48."
>
Exxy grins.
>
Kanphar blinks.
>
Chrysagon says, "plus tips"
>
Serina says, "ouch"
>
Kanphar pats Exxy on the back.
>
Exxy grins at Chrysagon.
>
Malachi whispers, "waterloo"
>
Malachi nods at you.
>
Exxy says, "But hey if I only worked an hour a week, it seemed like more"
>
Exxy winks.
You whisper to Malachi.
>nod
You nod.
>
Serina laughs.
>
Kanphar smiles at Exxy.
>snick
Exxy says, "Okay -- next order of business"
>
You snicker.
>
You whisper to Malachi.
>
Exxy says, "The combat rewrite. Why is it taking so long, what's its status, etc."
>
Exxy says, "Bolvar, will you please explain why it's taking you so long to finish it? We'd really like to know."
>
Exxy folds his arms across his chest.
>say Lack of uhh, staff
You say, "Lack of uhh, staff"
>
Chrysagon glances at you.
>
Serina pokes you in the belly.
>say And interest
>
You say, "And interest"
>say And payment
>
You say, "And payment"
>
Serina says, "get on the ball man"
>
Exxy grins.
>grin
You grin.
>
Malachi grins at you.
>
Exxy says, "I've gone over its inception and redesign a few times in the forums, so I'll blow past that and dig into tits current status"
>
Malachi whistles a few notes.
>point mal
>
You point at Malachi.
>
Chrysagon says, "aye lets dig into those for sure"
>
Kanphar chuckles.
>
Exxy says, "*THIS"
>
Exxy coughs.
>
Malachi chuckles.
>
You whisper to Malachi.
>
Exxy says, "The conceptual design of the rewrite (which shouldnt even be refered to as comabt anymore, it encompasses nearly every other system in the game) has been finished for some time."
>nod
You nod.
>
Exxy says, "And without boasting and gloating, it's a symphony of balance, flexibility, and eye candy... not to mention functionality far beyond what this current system could draem of."
>
Malachi laughs.
>
Malachi smiles at Exxy.
>
Serina smiles.
>
Kanphar smiles.
>
Exxy says, "The problem is that while this is a potential masterpiece, the code I have to work with in the engine is like painting with only orange and gray."
>
Exxy says, "Or speaking without vowels."
>say Avians do that
You say, "Avians do that"
>
Malachi chuckles.
>
Kanphar pokes you in the belly.
>
Exxy says, "That's just from > 7 years of using an old system that I hand built from the ground up. I can't do the complex things I want to do without way more effort than is reasonable."
>
Exxy says, "Rich Mondy has proposed (several times) that I scrap the current game engine and move to a Moo-compatible one. He'd be able to rebuild most of the game in a relatively short time.. half a year or so. Though that's a rough guess."
>
Chrysagon says, "im for moo compatible"
>snick
You snicker.
>
Kanphar laughs.
>
Exxy says, "While Moo doesn't appeal too much to me, what we are doing beyond that does. Over the past year, I've been working on a new game engine that is Moo compatible. It would be in Eaxia's interests (on so many levels) to be rebuilt using that game engine."
>
>
Exxy says, "It's codename GamEssence and the engine is far from complete, but it is something that doesn't need to be complete for the game to be rebuilt. The new engine will take in the old Moo database and use it natively."
>
Exxy says, "As far as programming goes, Moo is very easy for non-technical people to pick up and use. Something that could take weeks to do in the Eaxia engine could take an hour or two to build in Moo."
>
Kanphar says, "nice"
>
Exxy says, "So... getting back to combat, the rewrite, etc. ..."
>
Serina says, "I assumed this was already was a Moo"
>
Exxy says, "I've been strongly considering that kind of opportunity to wipe out all of the ugly patches and bandaid fixes Eaxia's suffered over the years and refactor the code, using a new language."
>
Exxy says, "There's a difference between MOO and Moo (and "moo" -- ask Chrysagon)."
>
Malachi laughs.
>whisp chrys Wha's moo?
>
You whisper to Chrysagon.
>
Chrysagon nods.
>
Kanphar chuckles.
>
Exxy says, "MOO is a generic acronym that's synonymous with MUD, MUG, etc."
>
Serina nods.
>
Chrysagon whispers, "what he said"
>
Chrysagon grins at you.
>grin
You grin.
>
Exxy says, "Moo is a specific flavor of game engine that runs a Moo. Originally built for linux, a port was made many a year ago called WinMoo. Haelrahv uses the WinMoo engine."
>
Serina nods.
>
Exxy says, "Eaxia Online uses a custom engine that I built from scratch. I have a LOT more flexibility with it, but built it nearly a decade ago when I was 20."
>
Exxy says, "God I feel old now."
>grin
You grin.
>
Serina giggles.
>
Chrysagon helps himself to some chocolate and grass pie.
>
>
Exxy says, "It's like the first automobiles... they were a thing to marvel at early on, but hell if I want to drive one now."
>
Chrysagon chuckles.
>
Serina laughs.
>
Chrysagon says, "ive converted the thunderbolt grease slapper into a moo-compatile"
>
Exxy says, "If you feel the need to confess mortal sins, I can build a confessional box in game, Chrysagon. In the meanwhile, telling us about your grease-slapping exploits will only turn our stomachs."
>snick
You snicker.
>
Serina laughs.
>
Malachi laughs.
>
Chrysagon cackles.
>
Chrysagon nibbles on some chocolate and grass pie.
>
Exxy asks, "Did anyone have any questions about the combat ("all") rewrite? Or the possible rebuild in Moo?"
>say No sir
You say, "No sir"
>
Malachi says, "nope"
>
Serina says, "I say go Moo"
>
Serina giggles.
>
Exxy asks, "Has someone been logging this meeting?"
>
Exxy grins.
>watch chry
>
You begin to watch Chrysagon closely.
>
Malachi laughs.
>
>
Kanphar asks, "perhaps late summer if all goes well then?"
>
Malachi shakes his head.
>
Exxy says, "Seeing as we're in March, I doubt it."
>

Ironically that's all I could copy, that wasnt the end of the meeting, but close enough. Nothing else pertinent was discussed so dont worry. I'll put the summerization thing in the next post.
Bolvar Fordring - Elven Necromancer
Jamendithas D'jmare - Elven Wizard

"Ulric the Just! The devil bear has stolen my wife!"
"This will not stand! I bring you the devil bear's wife."
"But.. Ulric.. I kinda wanted my own wife back..."
"You have no concept of justice, enjoy your new wife."
JIMMYROCKETFINGERS
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby JIMMYROCKETFINGERS » Mar 23, 2009 (12:10 pm)

In the following few hours of the meeting, Exxy addressed nearly every issue we could come up with, so kudos to Exxy ;D Here are the issues in order of the time they were discussed:

Lack of Staff: Exxy says, "That's always been an issue. Often times players will ask me why I don't just hire more staff.. or someone will apply for staff and wonder why he/she wasn't hired when we obviously could use the help."

Exxy says, "Simply put -- becoming staff always (this has been without fail for the last seven years now) reduces the person's desire to play to nothing. Usually within a few weeks. Our playerbase can't afford the loss of more players right now."

Exxy says, "It's true -- the more people playing, the more fun it is to become a part of the game world."

Chrysagon says, "ive heard some say they like it because it is a smaller population"

Exxy says, "I think we'll all agree that this is too small"

Exxy winks.

Lack of Quests/Events/Invasions: Exxy says, "I've always looked at role-play events as more of a stall tactic. Though it may be a good tool to use to help stimulate some intiial interest and growth, it ultimately eats up all of the development time that would be used for the game's growth (expansion, upgrades, fixes, new arease and other new releases, etc.)."

Exxy says, "I've been asked to run a quest a time or two. And wish I had the resources to do it, but it feels too much like a cheap jab at you guys than what you guys REALLY want."

Exxy says, "Skull kings crash the game. Not sure why. Other invasion critters don't seem to."

Lack of Recipes/Forging Stuff: Exxy says, "The game currently supports a crafting system with nearly unlimited room for recipe expansion."

Exxy says, "Just someone has to come up with those recipes and plug them into the system so that you guys can make those items."

Exxy says, "The recipes themselves though are on the programming side of the game. For example, if I want you guys to be able to create an arrow, I have to make a recipe that involves two ingredients (probably a wooden shaft and arrowhead) and the workstation type."

Exxy says, "And then I need to create another recipe that lets you make the wooden shaft and another recipe for the arrowhead."

Exxy says, "It's making the recipes that's time consuming... but if time was spent there, you guys could definitely wind up making weapons and armor better than what comes from drops."

Exxy asks, "The question is -- is that the best use of the available staff resources we have?

Dont Make Exxy Angry: Exxy says, "I'm going to lock you in a wardrobe and invade it with a million fire ants."

You snicker.

Chrysagon says, "lets vote on that"

Malachi laughs.

Kanphar grins.

Serina laughs.

Exxy chortles quietly.

Chrysagon raises his hand.

You raise your hand.

Malachi raises his warped cane to the sky.

Exxy raises his blood pressure.

Are You Going To Have Any Assistance: Exxy asks, "Is everyone here familiar with the name Rich Mondy?"

Exxy says, "Rich Mondy is known to Haelrahv players as Trevor Rage (and also to Modus Operandi, back when he GM'd there). He has been my business partner since 2002."

Exxy says, "He houses all of our servers -- previously in Florida, then for the last year in Kentucky. Well I'll spare you a long story there, but his brother screwed him over financially so I invited him and his wife Sarah (who's a GM over at Haelrahv) to come live here for a while and start some things over."

Exxy says, "Either or both may also assist in running minor events and such to compliment my time."

Exxy says, "If you see some new staff faces -- most likely it'll be theirs."

Finally Whats The Status On The Rewrite: Exxy says, "The combat rewrite. Why is it taking so long, what's its status, etc."

Exxy says, "Bolvar, will you please explain why it's taking you so long to finish it? We'd really like to know."

Exxy folds his arms across his chest.

You say, "Lack of uhh, staff"

Chrysagon glances at you.

Serina pokes you in the belly.

You say, "And interest"

You say, "And payment"

Serina says, "get on the ball man"

Exxy grins.

You grin.

Malachi grins at you.

Exxy says, "I've gone over its inception and redesign a few times in the forums, so I'll blow past that and dig into its current status"

Exxy says, "The conceptual design of the rewrite (which shouldnt even be refered to as comabt anymore, it encompasses nearly every other system in the game) has been finished for some time."

Exxy says, "And without boasting and gloating, it's a symphony of balance, flexibility, and eye candy... not to mention functionality far beyond what this current system could draem of."

Exxy says, "The problem is that while this is a potential masterpiece, the code I have to work with in the engine is like painting with only orange and gray."

Exxy says, "Or speaking without vowels."

Exxy says, "That's just from > 7 years of using an old system that I hand built from the ground up. I can't do the complex things I want to do without way more effort than is reasonable."

Exxy says, "Rich Mondy has proposed (several times) that I scrap the current game engine and move to a Moo-compatible one. He'd be able to rebuild most of the game in a relatively short time.. half a year or so. Though that's a rough guess."

Chrysagon says, "im for moo compatible"

Exxy says, "While Moo doesn't appeal too much to me, what we are doing beyond that does. Over the past year, I've been working on a new game engine that is Moo compatible. It would be in Eaxia's interests (on so many levels) to be rebuilt using that game engine."

Exxy says, "It's codename GamEssence and the engine is far from complete, but it is something that doesn't need to be complete for the game to be rebuilt. The new engine will take in the old Moo database and use it natively."

Exxy says, "As far as programming goes, Moo is very easy for non-technical people to pick up and use. Something that could take weeks to do in the Eaxia engine could take an hour or two to build in Moo."

Exxy says, "So... getting back to combat, the rewrite, etc. ..."

Exxy says, "I've been strongly considering that kind of opportunity to wipe out all of the ugly patches and bandaid fixes Eaxia's suffered over the years and refactor the code, using a new language."

Exxy says, "There's a difference between MOO and Moo (and "moo" -- ask Chrysagon)."

Malachi laughs.

whisp chrys Wha's moo?

You whisper to Chrysagon.

Exxy says, "MOO is a generic acronym that's synonymous with MUD, MUG, etc."

Chrysagon whispers, "what he said"

Exxy says, "Moo is a specific flavor of game engine that runs a Moo. Originally built for linux, a port was made many a year ago called WinMoo. Haelrahv uses the WinMoo engine."

Exxy says, "Eaxia Online uses a custom engine that I built from scratch. I have a LOT more flexibility with it, but built it nearly a decade ago when I was 20."

Exxy says, "God I feel old now."

Chrysagon helps himself to some chocolate and grass pie.

Exxy says, "It's like the first automobiles... they were a thing to marvel at early on, but hell if I want to drive one now."

Chrysagon chuckles.

Serina laughs.

Chrysagon says, "ive converted the thunderbolt grease slapper into a moo-compatile"

Exxy says, "If you feel the need to confess mortal sins, I can build a confessional box in game, Chrysagon. In the meanwhile, telling us about your grease-slapping exploits will only turn our stomachs."

You snicker.

Serina laughs.

Malachi laughs.

Chrysagon cackles.

Chrysagon nibbles on some chocolate and grass pie.

We also had a vote on what Exxy should be utilizing his time on for the time being. The vote choices were:

(5) Forgo all current development and focus resources in another direction entirely (combat rewrite, game rebuild, etc.)

We were all asked to choose a Primary option to work on, and a Secondary.

The point tally was:

Exxy says, "I gave each primary vote +3 pts and secondary vote +2 pts."

Exxy says, "#2 came out in the lead with 13 total points"

Exxy says, "#5 with 7 points"

Exxy says, "#1 with 5 points"

Exxy says, "#3 and #4 were not voted for at all and have 0 points."

That's about it. So I guess overall, we got some hope. Old players, feel free to return, new players, feel free to join ;D Something good this way comes.
Bolvar Fordring - Elven Necromancer
Jamendithas D'jmare - Elven Wizard

"Ulric the Just! The devil bear has stolen my wife!"
"This will not stand! I bring you the devil bear's wife."
"But.. Ulric.. I kinda wanted my own wife back..."
"You have no concept of justice, enjoy your new wife."
JIMMYROCKETFINGERS
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby CLINCHER » Mar 23, 2009 (4:02 pm)

I wasn't part of that meeting. By the time I got off work, it was over. But I did talk with Exxy afterwards and did get a chance to vote. Here is the totals after my vote.

"With your votes:"
>Exxy says, "#3 at 16 points"
>Exxy says, "#1 and #5 at 7 points"
>Exxy says, "#3 and #4 at 0 points"
Darkheart Loadstone
thee unwanted one that is no longer around
CLINCHER
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby CLINCHER » Apr 5, 2009 (11:24 am)

Hmmm......one weeks turns into two, two weeks turns into a month, month turns into a year? heh
Any status available on anything, anything at all?

more ramblings from the mule following the dangling carrot
Darkheart Loadstone
CLINCHER

Postby GDPALLIDAR » Apr 10, 2009 (7:34 pm)

Hey, folks. Some of you will know me from prior posts and what not here as Pallidar, some of you know me as the Rich Mondy / Trevor Rage guy that Exxy mentioned.

As he said, we've been partners together for quite some time now and formed RPGN together. I created Haelrahv, and worked on Simutronics' Modus Operandi product for five years prior to that. I've been working in computer game design on some level since I was a 12 year old kid. I'm 34 now.

Although we've been quiet, this has definitely been a hot topic here. As Exxy mentioned, Haelrahv uses the WinMOO engine (though highly modified from any available version out there), which is a Windows version of the LambdaMOO engine. It's worked out well for us, without too many hitches.

Anyone who's tried Haelrahv (HR) knows there's a lot of systems and stuff to do. That's the product of roughly seven years of work, but a lot can be done in a much shorter time, too. Having worked with Simutronics' IFE engine, Pete/Exxy's engine, and other engines, the system we use is by far the easiest I've ever seen for staff to use and get development done in.

While it still requires a lot of work and dedication by the staff to get things done, it's far more practical and far more flexible for those staff. One of the things that plagues both Eaxia and all of the IFE (text-based) Simu games is that some aspects of the development can only be done by a small portion of people whose time is very limited. This is less so in HR, and under the rewrite, would be less so in EO.

My goal is to rebuild Eaxia from the ground up using the WinMOO engine as its basis. Eventually we can move over to the GamEssence engine Exxy mentioned, which we anticipate to be an even better option, but moving from WinMOO to GamEssence won't require us to alter the code we need to write for game systems and so on, so we can develop Eaxia and launch the new version of it at any time without waiting for GamEssence to be completed.

Understandably, this conversation raises a lot of questions, most of which I'm not prepared to answer right now, but I'll summarize what our goals are:

1. Carry over existing game areas to the MOO engine, and as time/dev permits, add new areas.

2. Rebuild the basic systems the game needs from scratch.

3. Sift through more complex systems and decide what to keep / change / remove entirely, then build those systems.

This means that, in effect, EO really is being rebuilt entirely, regardless of how much we change or don't change how game mechanics work. You can expect the atmosphere to feel a lot like EO in the past, but the mechanics will in many ways echo Haelrahv, for those who have played it. That is, we put in a lot of detail like a plethora of timed events, easy to use menus where needed, and intuitive commands.

While I don't know what this rebuild will encompass yet, initially, in terms of the game systems, here's some examples of what we have done in HR:

- A detailed combat system that includes spells, psionic abilities, spellsongs, a plethora of weapons of various type, and a lengthy list of unarmed combat moves.

- Fun crafting systems like the ability to create potions, armor, clothing, backpacks, and much more.

- A very rich housing system - the best I've seen anywhere - that allows players to move furnishings in and out at will, alter room titles and descriptions as desired, and alter the portals used to move from one room to another (i.e. decide if you want to have a set of stairs here, or an exit NORTH there). Also, amenities like lawns, landscaping, and so on.

Now these aren't necessarily intended to be a list of what we're planning for EO, but intended to give you an idea of what we've done in the past. There's a lot of room for creative design, and really, time and creativity are the only limits.

Right now, I can't give you any details beyond this, but we've been discussing options when it comes to classes, skill sets, and so on in brief. The initial stage of this development is to get the basics in place - make NPC's work, get the game areas converted over from the current game to the new, and basic social functions like trading items, using banks, stuff like that.

From there, we'll look at the character generator, class mechanics for each class, racial aspects, and combat / injury related systems.

One more thing I do need to mention. I don't think it is viable to try to convert existing objects aside from rooms and players to the new engine. The way items will be built will differ quite a bit, and it's likely what we're going to experience is a process by which characters mostly come over unscathed (tho your abilities will change some, etc), but your inventory, maybe even your home, etc will not be intact.

I believe Exxy will choose a course of action that is as fair to everyone as possible in terms of dealing with any losses you incur in terms of wealth and inventory, but outright replacement with duplicate items isn't viable - it would take an immense amount of staff work to make that happen, so much that it would grind game development to a halt.

All that said, I hope those who have a passion or even interest in Eaxia will look at this as a chance for opportunity for some awesome changes and exciting updates to the characters and world you love. And please, do share your thoughts, concerns and hopes for the future of EO. Suggestions for your class or race are great to have as we consider each of those during the rebuild.
:: Rich Mondy, CEO, RPGN
:: Trevor Rage [Haelrahv]
:: GD Pallidar [Eaxia]
GDPALLIDAR
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby GDPALLIDAR » Apr 13, 2009 (3:36 pm)

I'd like to clarify something in my previous post. Many items will be carried over. What I'd meant to convey is that some items are unlikely to be carried over because they either require unique code that isn't practical for us to rewrite, or they are simply not appropiate to the game systems for balance and similar reasons.

The bulk of your possessions will be carried over, most notably precious alterations and the like. As to what specific types of items we won't be carrying over, that will ultimately be a decision that Exxy makes and I'll defer any talk about that topic to him.

I also want to clarify that while Exxy does consult me about many of these decisions, I'm essentially helping him with the technical aspects of rebuilding EO, and ultimately he's making the decisions about direction for this rebuilding process.

I hope I didn't freak any of you out too much with concerns you'd lose all your stuff. ;)
:: Rich Mondy, CEO, RPGN
:: Trevor Rage [Haelrahv]
:: GD Pallidar [Eaxia]
GDPALLIDAR

Postby GDDONNIE » Apr 30, 2009 (9:22 pm)

Having spent a little time in Haelravl (I was married to someone that had/has a home there) and also working with areas here I would love to see a housing system like is there be applied to Eaxia. Also the verb system there makes the one in Eaxia look primitive. I think that is something the players here would really love to have (as well as adding a few racial verbs perhaps).

Now I'm sure you guys (including Exxy) are wondering why I'm popping my head in again after apparantly deserting the game. I need to catch Exxy around to discuss that with him ASAP. I found out about this meeting after the fact - glad to see the results published. I would have attended if it had been a week later. :shock: I still love this game and want to give back some of what I enjoyed in the past - hopefully can still do that.
GDDONNIE
Eaxia Online staff
Eaxia Online staff

Postby CLINCHER » Jul 8, 2009 (3:45 pm)

Welp, yesterday was the 4 month anniversary of the meeting. We had some new developments with the crafting system so I see some progress is happening. Progress is always good. It was brought to my attention yesterday by Hythanis that our vote totals are in error. This being partly my fault since it was in my post. I just copied and pasted. The results show #3 being the winner when it should have been #2. Not shure how 4 months went by without anyone noticing the error.

Hopefully, we can see some progress on these areas soon.
Darkheart Loadstone
CLINCHER

Postby SPAZ » Aug 14, 2009 (7:56 am)

About the not wanting players to become GM's...

I would love to help build Eaxia back to what it was when I played before.
What I won't do is come back as a player to sit at STS and waste time.

I am majoring in CIT, Programming more specifically. I feel I could help out quite a bit with extra "little" things while Exxy could stay on the bigger things.

I rarely check this site anymore. Eaxia just seems to be fading from my memory. I would love to bring back the fun times again if I was given a chance.

Hopefully a change will be made to where I see it is worth my time and money to come back and play again as a character, or worth my time to be an addition to the team behind the scenes.

Hope you all are doing well in the real world.
Take care.

-Brenn Vizion
SPAZ
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby CLINCHER » Nov 6, 2009 (7:46 pm)

Greetins,
Thought I would toss out the update that tomorrow marks that 8 months have gone by since the big 'meeting' and have seen nothing. Is this game going to move on? We all were cool with the idea that it would take about 6 months to change the system over, but its been 8 with no results. Are we still changing systems? Are there going to be any new anythings? I personally havent been around much at all because of the lack of advancement. I know Donnie was working on some things for awhile but it looks like even that has slacked off. Are we going to be moving on at all any more or are we just supposed to accept what is there? Can I get any kind of answer from the ghost in the machine?
Darkheart Loadstone
CLINCHER

Postby DARCYBIRON » Nov 7, 2009 (4:15 am)

I'd like to know aswell, I'm eager to try this game.
DARCYBIRON
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby GDDONNIE » Nov 9, 2009 (10:16 pm)

I'll be back anytime now. I've had the pleasure of trying out the new flu for the last couple weeks , which laid me out completely (and took care of all the ideas I had for halloween too)

I'll say I'm not up to date exactly where the update is at, although I did just recently get a survey as a former player in Haevrel (Eaxia's sister game) asking the type of questions about things an update to the system would include, so I suspect things are moving along since the systems are related. Not going to speculate beyond that - but I know something is up just from that alone. Okay bleh I'm back to bed for a bit.
GDDONNIE
Eaxia Online staff
Eaxia Online staff

Postby SACKETT3 » Nov 25, 2009 (4:04 pm)

To me its looking pritty good that there is even "some" progress being made. I might just have to bring my boys back around abit. Not realy sure if any of them can even remember where they live, but hay, that could be a fun adventure in its self.

SACKETT3
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Re: Eaxia Summit Meeting (Most of it)

Postby sweetfae » Jan 19, 2010 (2:28 am)

Do we have an update?

I've played HR, its a blast and the system works real well. I'd love to see it transferred to Eaxia. The verb list is amazing *drools*.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You see Wreakor Of Bedroom Havoc Exxy Moonfortune the Keeper of Existence, a Rurowlian Healer.
He has white fur that is kept in good condition and brilliant aqua eyes.
He has a magnificent white mane. He has a godly body. He has a long tail.

He is holding nothing.
He is wearing his birthday suit (quit staring!).
sweetfae
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Return to General