Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Wedding Packages and other things.

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Wedding Packages and other things.

Postby GOTHICPROPHET » Mar 3, 2008 (4:08 am)

I'm curious about Wedding Packages, Quest Tickets, and some other things that used to be available during 'Fund raisers' such as custom animal companions, and houses.

First, the Wedding Packages and Quest Tickets: These items are listed as benefits for the paid account packages. I'm interested in Wedding Packages more than Quest Tickets at the moment since I've never seen a 'Quest' available to the players, only GM-run events (such as the O'lesh story recently.) How much is a Wedding Package and how would someone go about getting one?

I always thought those fund raiser specific items were great additions to the game. Is there any thoughts to bringing these features back for the Paid Accounts or bringing fund raisers back?
GOTHICPROPHET
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby CLINCHER » Mar 3, 2008 (4:34 pm)

I also have been curious about these items as well. Not so much the wedding package, not getting married myself. But the fund raisers and also home sizes. Supposed to be able to have more then one room but I have not found a home available with more then one room.

Darkheart Loadstone
just another drunken dwarf
CLINCHER
Veteran Forums Adventurer
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby GOTHICPROPHET » Mar 4, 2008 (1:26 pm)

Yes, big homes and custom pets were the other two things I was really interested in. I have some ideas for my character(s) that I can't do right now because these types of things aren't available to the players. And, not to seem hostile to the staff with this, but if/when someone does answer, can we get something more definitive than the standard 'we're working on it'? These sort of vague answers used to offer some of us older players hope that a feature would be released, but with a lack of development such answers, in my opinion at least, only serve to further frustrate us. I realize we're not likely to get a release date, even a rough-guess on one, since giving out such information isn't something that's generally done with Eaxia for whatever reason.
GOTHICPROPHET
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GDDONNIE » Mar 7, 2008 (10:34 pm)

I can't tell you a ton but as far as homes goes I have been working on developing homes with more than one room. One mansion has been built and is in game ready to use - I cannot tell you exactly when and how it'll appear in the game but it will be very soon.

There will be more luxery apartments added on the board walk and the upper floors will NOT be one room apartments. I also have walked through a building specifically designed to do weddings in, but ..............

You're going to kill me for this answer :shock:

In both cases more than likely they coming after combat is released - although I might slip some larger homes through the cracks. I know you want specifics but either I can't or I'm just mean and won't tell you more, but I am sitting on at least 50 to 100 rooms to be put into the game when the time is right. We will not rush things because that just gives you an inferior product. You'll notice I have not mentioned a potential schedule either - thats on purpose. Things will be released when they are ready- otherwise Exxy and Astracon will take turns with the bullwhip. :?
GDDONNIE
Eaxia Online staff
Eaxia Online staff

Postby GOTHICPROPHET » Mar 8, 2008 (6:11 am)

For the sake of the remaining player base, I have to ask then. Why does everything have to wait for Combat? I mean, I understand that those on staff with the coding knowledge are working when they can on this 'massive' project, but every time something is brought up - a new idea or feature request - we're told 'It'll be done after Combat.' I also understand that due to the nature of the Combat rewrite (as explained in other threads around the boards) that there are more systems that are being worked on to work with the Combat rewrite. But if there are new things that are ready, and not dependent on the rewrite, they should be released for the players! Personally I feel that line ('it'll get done after Combat') is growing more than a little old, but we're given no new information on the status on Combat, nor even an estimated date of release (one that could certainly be amended if problems arise.)

Now I can't speak for anyone else who currently plays, or formerly played and is just waiting for Combat to be released to come back, I can say that, for me, I would rather see estimated dates get pushed back when a problem actually arises than see nothing at all about it. To me, it seems as though the Combat project is an idea with no deadline, and as such, it'll never get done. Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that a release date of June 6th is announced for Combat. The player's will rejoice (some of us anyway) at finally seeing evidence that the project is done, the coding staff will have a date that they should hold themselves accountable to meet - even on their limited time/volunteer basis for working for R.P.G.N. & Eaxia Online. Now, to further this, let's say on May 20th something happens, I don't know, during a test several major problems are revealed and the coders will need another month beyond the 6th of June - the release date is pushed back, the players are notified of the setback (in detail mind you, not just the generic 'we had problems, we're working on it.' but details 'during testing of the new Combat System, an error was discovered with all of the new Armor types, it will take some time to properly diagnose and correct the issue. Sorry for the inconvieniece." type thing. And for those of you just skimming this post, that's just an example. I am not a member of staff and that is not an official statement!)

Sorry, I didn't start this thread to start griping about the Combat rewrite (see this thread for that: http://www.role-players.com/Eaxia/commu ... php?t=1702) so I guess I'll just let this thread go... for now.
GOTHICPROPHET
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GDDONNIE » Mar 8, 2008 (3:58 pm)

GOTHICPROPHET wrote:For the sake of the remaining player base, I have to ask then. Why does everything have to wait for Combat? I mean, I understand that those on staff with the coding knowledge are working when they can on this 'massive' project, but every time something is brought up - a new idea or feature request - we're told 'It'll be done after Combat.' I also understand that due to the nature of the Combat rewrite (as explained in other threads around the boards) that there are more systems that are being worked on to work with the Combat rewrite. But if there are new things that are ready, and not dependent on the rewrite, they should be released for the players!

Very little is ready for release at the moment that is not dependant on the rewrite - and we are releasing things that are not - Fitting those into the ongoing story plot. For example one of the temples is in game now, and there are obviously several more Gods and Goddesses that need temples of their own. I'll have to take some of the fault there - haven't finished those between working on combat areas, luxery apartments, home alterations, the bloody flu bug that been going around and a boss that seems to think we should be working 16 hours a day or more or at least feels like it.

Seriously holidays and the flu bugs this year have slowed us down the last couple months, you should be seeing more new things coming out regularly pretty much right away. The noble's auction event hasn't come to a conclusion yet after all the last I looked for one. Presence department will keep you all busy for a while with that I'm sure, until we release something else. I'm pretty sure you've seen more in the last few months than you have in a long time, I think
Last edited by GDDONNIE on Mar 9, 2008 (8:40 am), edited 2 times in total.
GDDONNIE
Eaxia Online staff
Eaxia Online staff

Postby GMZEYSOLI » Mar 8, 2008 (11:14 pm)

As someone that has personally worked on the Weddings Project, I can verify that the remainder of work involves coding for not only the Bonds System, but scripts pertaining to special items and area affects. Please don't think that we're starting from square one as far as that project goes; we have a great deal completed.

Also, please keep in mind: holding personalized weddings is a time consuming process for the GameMasters involved. When we begin holding them, and if we ever do another fundraiser, such activities will detract attention from releasing systems that benefit everyone. Thus, they are not an immediate priority. However, as we've seen definite interest -- as denoted in this thread -- that may be something that our Presence Department turns its attention to.

As personalized pets and custom homes were mentioned, I feel the need to clarifty that such items are almost exclusively available through our fundraisers. At the time being, we are not looking into holding another soon -- but that does not mean we will never hold one again. Just... not now!

Multi-roomed homes, available through our champion and adventurer accounts, do exist within the game. I know I've personally released some, and you've heard GD Donnie state that he plans to release more. When it comes to homes, sometimes it's just as easy as asking! (Yaaay!)

GOTHICPROPHET -- not all requests need to 'wait for Combat'. However, any system intensive coding requires the attention of either Exxy or Astracon. If you have a suggestion that does NOT require this, I and the other members of staff are more than happy to do what we can. In the meantime, GD Donnie and GD Carlyle have tried their hardest to occupy everyone with IC plots, festivals, and a variety of other things.
<FONT COLOR="#990066">GameDirector Zeysoli</FONT>
<FONT SIZE="1">Imaginary Friend
Senior Staff
www.eaxia.com</font>
GMZEYSOLI
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Return to General