Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Character Management System Overhaul

Character Management System Overhaul

Postby Leyara » Jan 14, 2006 (2:49 am)

01-13-2006 The character management system has been completely overhauled, including the following changes:

Diversified descriptions
Full hair and other options for Avians
Options for manes, tails, beards, and moustaches
Various other fixes

All characters will automatically be put through the process of re-selecting their features (which will not harm your character in any way).

Enjoy!
Leyara
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby HRFAITH » Jan 14, 2006 (5:15 am)

Glad that the updates were made. It's nice that Avians finally have the hair options and that the other items were added.

Somewhat frustrated that they:

1) Weren't pre-announced (I'd have liked to have copied down some of my lesser played character's looks before having them wiped).

and

2) Weren't placed back where we'd logged out from. Normally - not a big deal, but I'd gone through a lot of effort to have my primary character in a spot she can't get to without assistance...and with my hours, finding someone to help again is quite difficult.
HRFAITH
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby ROB19700 » Jan 14, 2006 (3:48 pm)

One little comment!

You have a trim body.

Everyone has the same look!
ROB19700
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby ellisj » Jan 14, 2006 (5:58 pm)

not everyone,

You have a massive body.

that's bose
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Jan 15, 2006 (10:19 am)

Jandar still has his athletic body too! :D
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby ROB19700 » Jan 15, 2006 (11:10 am)

Ok its just been everyone I have look at since the change, sorry if not so!
ROB19700

Postby Leyara » Jan 15, 2006 (3:00 pm)

Announcement: Soon select races will be allowed to rechoose features again with the new Character Management System.

If your character is Elven, Rurowli, Half-Rurowli, Drago, Half-Drago, Goblin, Half-Goblin, Troll, or Half-Troll, you will automatically be put through the reselection process. Half-Elves and other races will not.

If you need to make preparations (ie making note of current features to keep the same), please do so now. It will be approximately 2 hours (from this posting) before the changes are implimented (approximately 6:00 pm EST). Thank you, that is all!
Leyara
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby Leyara » Jan 15, 2006 (3:26 pm)

Minotaurs and Half-Minotaurs will also be able to choose additional features with the new Character Management System. Again, if you are one of these races, you will automatically be made to reselect your features. Time until changes implemented: approximately 95 minutes.
Leyara
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby Leyara » Jan 15, 2006 (5:35 pm)

01-15-2006 The following updates have been made to the Character Management System.

• Female Rurowli will no longer be prompted for mane features.
  • Eye color #23 (cloud gray) is now selectable again.
  • Elves now have rune, glyphs, and tribal patterns available as features.
  • Rurowli, Drago, Half-Rurowli, and Half-Drago now have fur and tail patterns available as features.
  • Goblins, Trolls, Half-Goblins, and Half-Trolls now have skin patterns and accessories available as features.
  • Minotaurs and Half-Minotaurs no longer have beards or moustaches, but instead have horn patterns and markings available as features.
Leyara
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby Leyara » Jan 15, 2006 (5:40 pm)

ROB19700 wrote:One little comment!

You have a trim body.

Everyone has the same look!

This is the default body type. Body type is going to be implimented in a future system, and thus is not available for general selection at this time.
Leyara
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby ROB19700 » Jan 15, 2006 (6:06 pm)

Thank you for reply!
ROB19700

Postby ellisj » Jan 15, 2006 (10:37 pm)

no fair.... you leavin out the ogres. just givin ya a hard time
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby ellisj » Jan 15, 2006 (10:40 pm)

Posted: Jan 15, 2006 (9:00 pm) Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcement: Soon select races will be allowed to rechoose features again with the new Character Management System.

If your character is Elven, Rurowli, Half-Rurowli, Drago, Half-Drago, Goblin, Half-Goblin, Troll, or Half-Troll, you will automatically be put through the reselection process. Half-Elves and other races will not.

If you need to make preparations (ie making note of current features to keep the same), please do so now. It will be approximately 2 hours (from this posting) before the changes are implimented (approximately 6:00 pm EST). Thank you, that is all!

another thing, my account is expired right now and i can't get in, so what can i do about this? i will lose my descrip on some characters and haven't a clue what they looked like before
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby ROB19700 » Jan 15, 2006 (10:41 pm)

And us Good-Looking Humans! Maybe they can't improve US!!!!!!
ROB19700

Postby Leyara » Jan 16, 2006 (12:53 am)

ellisj wrote:
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 (9:00 pm) Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another thing, my account is expired right now and i can't get in, so what can i do about this? i will lose my descrip on some characters and haven't a clue what they looked like before

Now that the new system is in place, there really is no way to tell what your description was on your characters, even if you weren't forced to reselect upon login.

The reason for this is that the way descriptions are rendered in the system (ie how they appear when someone LOOKs at you) has been changed with the new system. So, now that the changes are live, you wouldn't be able to discern your old descriptions unless you took them from old logs where you LOOKed at yourself.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you, but perhaps you will be able to come close to the descriptions if you wish to stick to your old choices. There are also several new options available for many races, so it could be a nice experience to start anew.
Leyara
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby Leyara » Jan 16, 2006 (12:54 am)

ellisj wrote:no fair.... you leavin out the ogres. just givin ya a hard time

ROB19700 wrote:And us Good-Looking Humans! Maybe they can't improve US!!!!!!

Ogres and humans do have new options with the ability to choose beard and moustache features. 8-) So not totally forgotten!
Leyara
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby ellisj » Jan 16, 2006 (1:13 am)

ahh, and i was beginning ta think ya had somethin against ogres, LOL thanks really sucks that i'll lose my descrips though on my other characters
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Jan 16, 2006 (12:05 pm)

ellisj wrote:ahh, and i was beginning ta think ya had somethin against ogres, LOL thanks really sucks that i'll lose my descrips though on my other characters

The way the previous system worked is radically different from the new. In most cases, the list of descriptions isn't compatible, which produced different descriptions for characters than they had previously selected. As another player pointed out, some warning ahead of time would have been the best way to go, but it was unexpected that the re-designing of this system would cause this problem.

Also, if you have a custom character description (C.C.D.), you will not lose it. Simply choose your features as prompted and when you exit the character manager, you'll still have the custom description.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby KLGARRISON68 » Jan 17, 2006 (7:43 pm)

Would it be possible to add a mirror or look prior to final acceptance for those people who have not done this yet?

I unfortunately did log in and made my choices and now that I see the final product don't like how it came out. I would have been helpful to have a mirror or something to see what my character looked like before I accepted.

Just a thought.
KLGARRISON68
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby HANAFAE » Jan 19, 2006 (10:25 pm)

oooooo a mirror...I love this idea!
*bats her eyelashes*
Hanafae
~*~RubyMonger~*~
HANAFAE
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby WONDERWOMAN » Jan 23, 2006 (9:56 am)

Aye having the maximum character limit I found that with the serveral characters I do not play with, I got confused on which race they were *slaps her forehead* hehe, most of the descriptions turned out livable, though I may need to reroll a couple of them. Definately some way to confirm your overall look at the end would be helpfull.
WONDERWOMAN
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby Leyara » Jan 24, 2006 (6:32 pm)

KLGARRISON68 wrote:Would it be possible to add a mirror or look prior to final acceptance for those people who have not done this yet?

I unfortunately did log in and made my choices and now that I see the final product don't like how it came out. I would have been helpful to have a mirror or something to see what my character looked like before I accepted.

Just a thought.

There is now a FEATURES option at the final menus for all races in the Character Management System. This option will show your current features PRIOR to the final choice. If you want to see what you look like with each of the final choices, simply choose the option number WITHOUT confirming. You will be given another look at your physical features before CONFIRMing your choice and entering the live gaming environment.

This is in effect for all new character creations. For those of you who were unsatisfied and/or disappointed with how the final descriptions of your characters came out, please ASSIST in game and a staff member will relocate you to the CMS so you may rechoose your features.

Hope this helps.
Leyara
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Return to New Changes