Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Houses

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Houses

Postby SHARIELLE » Apr 11, 2005 (7:14 am)

I'm on my free trial. I am having a wonderful time. But, as it is nearing its end, I am trying to decide if I wanted to stay with a free account ot upgrade. I noticed one of the benefits for a paid account is a house. But I don't see any empty houses. Are there houses available? Where are they? How do you get them? Do you design a house yourself?
SHARIELLE
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Re:Houses

Postby WALCAR » Apr 12, 2005 (11:07 pm)

I too am pretty new to Eaxia and was enticed by owning a home so I immediately upgraded to the Commoner Package only to find my hopes crushed by not finding a home ANYWHERE in Eaxia I musta spent hours wandering around the lands and still nothing. I have noticed that the number of players at a time really doesn't seem to be alot and perhaps a purge of old accounts is in order? I'm sure this will atleast free up some houses.

Warrior Walcar
WALCAR
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby SHARIELLE » Apr 12, 2005 (11:19 pm)

Well, if those people are still paying though, it might not free up alot.

If instead of houses, they put in some town homes appartments, that would solve the housing shortage. It seems to me that that style of home would take up less space on the map and would take less coding.
SHARIELLE
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Re:Re: Houses

Postby WALCAR » Apr 12, 2005 (11:27 pm)

I've seen something in the underground city pretty much like that. They have sections of the town just for homes. Also sense I'm sure there are a decent amount of player whom have the Champion Package and with those 15 charactors each having a home. That I'm sure takes up many if not all the extra homes. Perhaps instead of having each charactor having a home how about giving One Home with no max rooms that all charactors on that account can access?
Warrior Walcar Walcars
WALCAR
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby SHARIELLE » Apr 13, 2005 (12:03 am)

Well, something has to be done, cause in my book, the difference in the middle ages between a commoner and those who were above that class was the ability own their own homes. The rest of the perks of course came as you moved up the ladder.

Bottom line, what I would be paying for is being able to have a home. If there are none to be had, then I will have to see if there is enough here to play with to justify 10 hours a week. It is not that big of a world yet. It's alot of fun and the people here are wonderful, though.
SHARIELLE
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby MO » Apr 13, 2005 (9:53 am)

being a champion account i am proud to say that i own one house for all of my characters, I also had to wait about 6 months of being a champion account to get it, I have heard many have waited longer then that. the alterations, vault space, and extra character slots were enough for me to upgrade. I wish you both the best of luck and hope you get one soon.
MO
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby SHARIELLE » Apr 13, 2005 (11:27 am)

I guess I have yet to see an alteration that means that much to me. Generally I really get into one character or two at the most. I don't generally accumulate alot of stuff. What has mattered to me across the board, regardless of where I have played are the options that let me create a space of my own.

I would love to have the option of designing or at least customizing a home. I don't really see anything else in Eaxia that looks like it lets you create a space of your own.

But I can't see paying for a feature that is not available.
SHARIELLE
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Houses

Postby WALCAR » Apr 13, 2005 (12:23 pm)

Wish I would have known that no homes were avaliable before I upgraded my account. Would have thought twice about it. Personally why can't the GMs just make it like Champions get like a 15 room Mansion or a small town or whatever so us little people can have our silly little house?
Warrior Walcar Walcars
WALCAR
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby HRFAITH » Aug 14, 2005 (7:16 pm)

I just want to say, thank you for releasing another set of new homes! It was wonderful to wake up today and be able to claim one.

PS: A furniture merchant would be awesome too! :wink:
HRFAITH
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Dec 15, 2005 (6:32 pm)

You can type HOMES in game at any time to check the availability of homes, both for your account/character and in general. The problem really is that even when we release large batches of homes, they are eaten up very quickly, usually within a few hours of their release.

All the same, we continuously release new homes, so keep your eyes open.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Re: Houses

Postby GROVENBURGER » Dec 15, 2005 (10:42 pm)

WALCAR wrote: Personally why can't the GMs just make it like Champions get like a 15 room Mansion or a small town or whatever so us little people can have our silly little house?

I suppose that section of Semanri that has the estates could perhaps be developed this way, but personally each of my characters have unique personalities and alignments - I really have a hard time seeing some of them sharing a home with any or some of the others. Also 15 rooms is a bit much design work to put the GM's thru, although the bedrooms could be carbon copies at first. On the other hand something like a 4-6 bedroom estate would perhaps get me to abandon a couple of my houses to move there with some that do have their own place (and no I don't even have half of mine in seperate homes - I could have but I have given 3 or 4 away to folks that missed out some of the house rushes. :D )
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby BRANDON9741 » Dec 16, 2005 (10:05 am)

We might have to get a little more technical in Eaxia so Datymin can have a GPS that tells him where all his family's homes are.
Evil Goblin Koaru Komodaki, Crazy tree hugger of Tes'Kata.
BRANDON9741
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Dec 18, 2005 (1:07 am)

BRANDON9741 wrote:We might have to get a little more technical in Eaxia so Datymin can have a GPS that tells him where all his family's homes are.

First I have to remember all their names I think, and don't even mention family tree around me. :shock: Trees are good for carving and building houses in, and thats enough to keep track of for me! :lol:

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GNOME » Feb 21, 2006 (12:09 am)

i spent a little while this day looking for a home. i was wondering how to find the ones in semanri, by the dry goods store? i was able to find the ones in mariner's and crystal caves.

one more thing? can there be another batch of more 'livable' houses? not too keen out burnt out rooms and damp caves :grin:

heh, never mind about the first part, i found them just now.

i'd still like to ask about the second part, as a tiny stall isn't really what i had in mind either. :P
GNOME
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

homes

Postby QAVIXEZ » May 7, 2006 (3:37 am)

was wondering how to acualy claim a home... and yes i went almost strait for a champion account and a few of them would love a damp cave
QAVIXEZ
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Re: homes

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 7, 2006 (9:39 am)

QAVIXEZ wrote:was wondering how to acualy claim a home... and yes i went almost strait for a champion account and a few of them would love a damp cave

Go inside the claimable home and type HOME to see the verbs available (which are differant once you own one). If the home has a cost need the gold in hand also when you claim it. (I think its HOME CLAIM but am going from memory and am not in game to check it).

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Return to General