Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

ability's

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

ability's

Postby JHERRICO » Oct 27, 2005 (5:44 pm)

i saw somewhere on the boards that i could learn different abilitys im really interested in learning ambidexterity but i cant seem to find anything about this anywhere. im using 2 longswords and my to hit is -5 and -11 respectivly no matter what hand my different swords are in. (im a fighter and my to hit is 1 when using just one sword) if there is not a way to learn different abilitys when will my to hit go up when using 2 weapons?
JHERRICO
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby KHODGES » Oct 27, 2005 (7:32 pm)

The negative To-Hit is because of the initial penalty of using two weapons, as opposed to one. As your skill in Dual-weapon Tactics rises (by using two weapons in combat), your To-Hit will rise naturally, as it will as your weapon skill itself rises.

As for the abilities you speak of, I think you are referring to "feats" and these were part of an older system, no longer being used. You have certain feats that you gained when you chose your guild, such as armor (light, medium, heavy) and weapon (simple, martial).

So just practice with two weapons, and your To-Hit will slowly rise. No worries!
KHODGES
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Oct 27, 2005 (9:39 pm)

Leyara is correct. Those of us that can remember that far back still know that Ambidexterity was one of the old feats (taught by the Old Monk in the monk Guild) as was Two Handed weapon use (taught by that old ninja in a building in Semanri) back in the old times. They were seperate skills too.
Okay enough with the history lessons! :lol:
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby KHODGES » Oct 28, 2005 (9:07 am)

Hey, my soul was around back then...for a day or two. ::giggles:: Back in force nowadays though!
KHODGES
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby JHERRICO » Oct 28, 2005 (12:17 pm)

thanks for the responses, there are quite a few messages here on the boards that are from a time long past and its hard to know if the information in them still applies unless you were around when it changed
JHERRICO
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Return to General