Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Cricton Hive

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Cricton Hive

Postby trenmarc-eaxia » Sep 17, 2005 (1:24 pm)

We've had a few problems with the new cricton's descriptions vanishing from the creatures so I will post them here so you can see what these things are. With luck we will find the issue soon and they will appear properly.

Cricton Larva - The cricton larva has a pale moist skin and is about the size of a tall dwarf. Tiny stubs of teeth glint in its mouth as it sizes you up as a food source.

Young Cricton- The cricton has a medium-sized segmented body covered with a slimy skin. Its large mouth has many small spiny teeth. No eyes are evident but a large nose is predominant in the center of the face. It appears to follow scents in the general area.

Adult Cricton - The cricton adult has a large body with multiple segments covered in a hard, shell like skin. Small stubs of horns protrude from the top of the head. Its large mouth has two rows of large sharp teeth. The dominant nose sniffs the air for signs of new odors.

Elder Cricton - The elder cricton has a large body with several segments encased in a hard skin with small spikes covering the entire surface. Large thick horns stand erect from the top of the head. Its large mouth has multiple rows of razor sharp teeth. The nose dominates the face and allows any scent to be detected.

Cricton Drone - The cricton drone is a male and smaller than the other adult varieties. Its body segments are grayish in color and covered in a hard shell-like skin. Its head is hornless unlike the females and its mouth has fewer but still deadly number of teeth.

Cricton Queen - The cricton queen has a very large segment that acts as her upper body with several smaller segments trailing behind. Her entire body is covered in a hard spikey exoskeleton. Two large horns extend from her head. A large mouth has rows of fang-like teeth. A small nose sits below a pair of small coal-black eyes.

Cricton Reaver - The cricton reaver is smaller than the majority of its counterparts but appears to be much more deadly . Its hard exoskeleton is covered in sharp horn-like quills. The small coal-black eyes seem to hold an almost unnatural intelligence as it hunts about for prey. Rows of sharp fang-like teeth fill its mouth.

Cricton Behemoth - The cricton behemoth is the largest of its species and has a body comprised from several large black segments. Four large black horns top its head and multiple rows of teeth fill its mouth. Two small black eyes are situated above its pronounced nose.

GD-Carlyle
trenmarc-eaxia
Veteran Forums Adventurer

in response to Criton Hive by GDCarlyle

Postby SURINEN » Sep 18, 2005 (8:25 am)

Wow you guys really did a job on that whole event!! That was totaly amazing and fun and scary!! I seriously thought it was an act of The Betrayed One and the end with all this action we've been seeing from the gods. (A -big- sigh of relief) I only stayed up 4 hours later which would have been probibly a very sleepless night! I'm sorry that you died Carlyle! I was to afraid to leave the group I was with (Mo, the best shield with horns you could find.)

Cheers and my amazement
~Sarian
SURINEN

Postby GIRLIE2U » Sep 18, 2005 (12:56 pm)

yeah it was/is fun and exciting..

Yes Mo is the best horned shield out there.. That's why i snatched him up quick.

RedRuby
GIRLIE2U
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby BRENDAL » Sep 20, 2005 (8:02 pm)

I think it could have been better if we had an exploding chicken but i guess i will settle for the mediochre event you called the Cricton Hive that you spent a while thinking up of and Astracon coded in like two days... (note: major sarcasm....except for the chicken)
I do like how you guys did all that and applaud your efforts and am glad to see more of the GM's interacting with the players. I hope to see a lot more of it in the future and on top of that... cant wait for the combat rewrite and many more rewrites to be done! Continue the astounding work fellas and/ or ladies.
BRENDAL
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby DONIHR » Sep 22, 2005 (7:58 pm)

Well Carl, seems you guys did great job. Making me want to just jump back in there and join the fun. Can't for now though. Well, looking on the bright side of it, at least you'll get some rest from me. Congrats on a good job guys, it's great to hear of things being added up.
DONIHR
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby DONIHR » Sep 22, 2005 (7:59 pm)

Well Carl, seems you guys did great job. Making me want to just jump back in there and join the fun. Can't for now though. Well, looking on the bright side of it, at least you'll get some rest from me. Congrats on a good job guys, it's great to hear of things being added up.
DONIHR
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby DONIHR » Sep 22, 2005 (8:01 pm)

DONIHR
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby KHODGES » Sep 28, 2005 (10:53 pm)

Wasn't quite sure where to post this. Since this Hive thread was already started, might as well be here.

Going to start off by saying wonderful job on the Hive area and of course the inhabitants thereof. Anything to get me out of the swamp is a godsend. Only sorry I missed the initial event. C'est la vie.

I assume the listing at the beginning of the thread is the cricton pecking order so to speak, in regards to level. This is further illustrated by their placement within the levels of the Hive. My question and the gist of this post is in regards to the queens' placement in that list. While she of course is "queen" and would probably hate to be placed below a mere drone, she does, in combat, seem weaker than her helper crictons -- the drones.

Weaker in level (by GAUGE), by skill cap, and by experience learned upon killing the queens. Was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this discrepancy.

Ok, ramblings over.
KHODGES
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby SURINEN » Sep 29, 2005 (5:01 pm)

Leyara, speaking without actual knowlege of the programing of the critters in the hive, my take on it is a more natural idea I suppose. Queens generally dont do much other then eat sleep and make larve in an aphid type colony. So it's probibly acurate that although they are tough because greatly bigger then any of the others, they aren't much to overcome because they just lack the ability and skill to defend themselves. Thats what the others are for. To guard the queen. :wink:
Long live the queen!

"Feel like makin' larve"
"All for larve"
"All I wan't to do is make larve with you"
"For the larve of you"
:lol:
SURINEN

Postby KHODGES » Sep 29, 2005 (5:08 pm)

Good point, in the natural order of things. Heh though the only toughness they have is their army of drones to defend them. They are pushovers themselves. Quite unlike, say... the queen alien in the Alien films. ::shudders:: I had nightmares about her when I was 9.

Will get with Astrid with the cap numbers I found so she can adjust her listing.

Thanks for the reply.
KHODGES
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby MO » Sep 29, 2005 (7:29 pm)

the order of the lower level cricton creatures is queen, drone, reaver, then behemoth's. The reaver's hit harder then the behemoth's but do not hit as often "those quill's are deadly".

skill cap wise i know the queen's is lower then 384 because that what's the drone's cap is and the queen's did not teach me anything. i am currently at 400 ranks without my racial bonus and the reaver's are still teaching "slowly".

Astrid i will give you the info on the caps as soon as i get it.
MO
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby KHODGES » Sep 29, 2005 (11:18 pm)

Aye, I found the queen's cap at 368.
KHODGES
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby SURINEN » Sep 30, 2005 (12:46 pm)

I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but the alien queen doesn't show up in the films until the third one, or was it fourth.. In the movie she's just a gigantic egg layer, without much capibilities to even move. She does eat that one guy who's attached to the wall and in line for the next feeding (luckly for him he goes insane before being eaten.) In that same movie, she lays a larve that is half alien half human who eventually gets sucked inside out of a hole in one of the ships windows. The other female who follows ripley around after ripley got 'impregnated' is just one of the alpha females IA beleive.
That movie definatly proved that messing with girls doesn't always go the way you want it to.
Luckly these Eaxian aphids are not aliens, and acutally just underground eaxian creatures we can get to now thanks to the quietly large hole the meteor made.
It really was great to be there when the meteor was just a strong glint of sparkling light in the sky, sorry ya missed it. And on that note, I will advise you to try and be around more especially lately, there are numerous events unvieling and de-rhining and coming to our realities.

Be merry,
~Sarian
SURINEN

Postby KHODGES » Sep 30, 2005 (2:50 pm)

Heh, she was in the second one, Aliens, follow Ripley and Newt onto the ship and ripped Bishop in half.

Aye, I will try to be around a lot more. The situation is kinda out of my hands, but time willing, I will be able to be around comperable to the amount of time before I had to leave. We'll see ::crosses her fingers::
KHODGES
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby DONIHR » Oct 1, 2005 (1:31 am)

aye the Alien queen is appearing in Alien2.
And on the hive, I'm still not sure how high a reaver trains but, I'm at 430 and it's still training me.
DONIHR
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Return to General