Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Exxy will be gone at least 1 week

Announcements from the staff.

Exxy will be gone at least 1 week

Postby GDAREMENTA » Aug 24, 2005 (3:30 pm)

Dear community,

I regret to inform you that Exxy is not going to be around for the next week, give or take. The least amount of anticipated time is 3-4 days, though it is really impossible to say at this point the exact timeframe.

I had to take him to the emergency room this morning. They are still doing a multitude of tests and scans to find out exactly WHAT is wrong with him, what may have caused it, etc (this happened VERY suddenly; overnight, literally). They have narrowed it down to something similar to meningitis.

At best, we hope that this clears up on its own in 3-4 days, which seems entirely likely at this point. In the meantime I will do my best to keep things down to a dull roar. Please email GD-AREMENTA@XXXXX.XXX if you need something immediately - like if the game crashes, or something really needs somebody ASAP. Alternately, you can contact HR-Trevor@haelrahv.com because I work full-time during the day and won't be around to get a message.

Please keep him in your thoughts/prayers/etc, as the case may be.
~Arementa
Area Development Manager
GDAREMENTA
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby GDSELNYA » Aug 24, 2005 (4:22 pm)

He's in my prayers and send him my best Arementa. I hope they figure it out soon and he recovers quickly. Take the cords to the computer so he doesn't start back to work too soon!!! :)

GM Selnya
GDSELNYA

Postby GDAREMENTA » Aug 24, 2005 (9:31 pm)

Just a quick update. He is feeling and acting SO much more normally right now. Still has some head pain, but this is to be expected. They're still keeping him there for tests and more tests still, but things are looking much, much better already. Thanks for all the kind words.
~Arementa
Area Development Manager
GDAREMENTA

Postby GDAREMENTA » Aug 27, 2005 (11:59 am)

There are apparently a lot of results that still just aren't back yet. You know how bloodwork goes. He's still doing just fine, but they have to keep him for a few more days or so (they haven't said how long exactly, yet). They have to let the preventative antibiotics run their course. All results so far indicate a viral infection that occured in his brain.

The doctor keeps using the general term Encephalitis (inflammation of the brain). There could be any of a hundred different causes, they said.

The most likely candidate of the virus that I can find, based on everything I've heard and seen, is this:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/westnil ... tsheet.htm

He was outside 3 days prior to the occurance where mosquitos abound, so I find it highly likely that he was bitten.
~Arementa
Area Development Manager
GDAREMENTA

Postby GDAREMENTA » Aug 28, 2005 (2:41 pm)

Okay, this morning his doc said that they are waiting for the cultures they took from the spinal tap. It probably won't happen today but tomorrow or the next day they'll be ready to send him home. They re-grow the virus from what they get from the culture, which is how they find out exactly *what* it is. So hopefully that will give a positive ID on what virus it is.
~Arementa
Area Development Manager
GDAREMENTA

Postby GDAREMENTA » Aug 31, 2005 (6:15 pm)

He's home now, I forgot to post, guess I figured he would sooner or later :)
~Arementa
Area Development Manager
GDAREMENTA

Return to Announcements