Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Wedding System

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Wedding System

Postby GDSELNYA » Apr 2, 2005 (10:12 am)

The Wedding system is currently being worked on. I thought it would be a nice idea to get some ideas from all of you about what you might like to see at a wedding or be part of a wedding package. Go wild, use your imagination and we'll see what we can think of to make the weddings fun and enjoyable.
:)

GM Selnya
GDSELNYA
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby Guest » Apr 4, 2005 (6:56 pm)

As far as I know the wedding system is fine...considering I have never known what the weding package intelled, but really I am just waiting to get Brendal's wedding with Keela dealt with :D
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby MISSIE » Apr 6, 2005 (12:10 am)

Hm...well...I'm just gonna throw some ideas out here, since no one else has...

Personalized clothing, rings (with verbs? *drool*), and dare I say it...reception food?

Last name changes? I'd love to be able to take the last name of my intended, or vice versa. Which brings me to homes, maybe the title part where it says "Lieza's home" could be changed to include the other?

Games to play at the reception would be fantastic. Not really sure what could go on, maybe raffles, a bouquet toss (uh...might wanna make the wedding area a peaceful zone if yer gonna do that though *grin*), maybe some hoax fortune telling, face painting would be neat...I dunno, just something to make it more of an event. While standing around, dancing, and talking is all well and good, the thrill wears off quick.

Invitations would be nice, as would be gifts/mementos to give to the guests. Something that could be personalized with the married-couple-to-be's names?

And of course, special verb messages for bonded/married couples would be *very* nice...

Hm...that's all I've got going for now. Mostly interested in the reception bit, if you hadn't noticed.

`Lieza Kyrien
MISSIE
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Apr 6, 2005 (6:33 pm)

The Handfasting and Marriage verbs we already have pretty much do a good job, although most of the newer folks aren't aware of them :shock: since the system hasn't be active for new bonds for a good while.

:D The old Handfasting ring designs and verbs were great! I hope we keep those available for Marriages whether or not you use the Handfasting system (the year and a day waiting period before the wedding- which really is a good thing AND still gives the couple part of the verbs until the wedding).

:idea: At one time there was mention of a private hunting area for honeymoons as a possibility. It might be neat to have some new and interesting skin/pelts to find in such an area (nothing too fancy since it a one time deal to hunt there). The wedding glen should have a honeymoon cottage especially for those without private homes perhaps (I think there is one there, but am not certain), maybe with a nice steam bath with the verbs like the one in the inn in D'mare.

Oh yeah the old Drunk :roll: also wanted me to mention it'd be nice if the Priest guild would open soon :wink: so we have proper folks to perform weddings (nothing personal against the druid, healer and paladins that have done the like in the past, they've done a fine job- it just seems more proper if a priest or priestess was doing the ceremony)

Open that wedding shop that we had a contest to put items in. Gotta have proper duds after all for those not inclined to use personal alterations for such things- although packages similar to that other world with a few alterations specifically for weddings would be a handy option.

Just one or two of me coppers :D

From the Bridge of The Dread Pirate Datymin's Schooner!
GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby OPHELIA » Apr 11, 2005 (6:36 am)

GROVENBURGER wrote: :D The old Handfasting ring designs and verbs were great! I hope we keep those available for Marriages whether or not you use the Handfasting system (the year and a day waiting period before the wedding- which really is a good thing AND still gives the couple part of the verbs until the wedding).

This is off topic, but you reminded me of something. I somehow found my way to another page in the libraries of Eaxia that is no longer linked to regarding handfastings.

In Eaxia, handfasting is an engagement lasting one year and a month, but the library document said nothing of any ritural. There is also a painting on the cave walls in the Stone Giants pit of Giants engaging in a handfasting ritual. So is it a ritual, or an engagement period? (I think the year and a month thing is a requirement of Eaxians so that the bonding mechanic isn't abused, but my question is more a roleplay question)

I had always learned of handfastings being a marriage ritual (typically elven) where a couple would have their hands tied together with rope, and a priest would slice their hands and the blood would run together as a symbol of their lives becoming bonded. Would the bonding couple begin or end their year and a month engagement with the ritual?

Just wonderin'

-Plinnya's people
OPHELIA

Return to General