Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Racial Ability Score Adjustments

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Racial Ability Score Adjustments

Postby KEARY » Feb 2, 2005 (10:57 pm)

In other lands I have journeyed, the ability score adjustment for different races (+1, -1, etc.) reflected the cost to train those abilities.

Since there is no cost to train abilities in Eaxia, I am curious. If my racial ability score adjustment for strength is +1, can I compensate for it? For instance, do I train it higher, and if so, how much?

Can you give us some guidelines to help us make more informed decisions regarding training with regard to this factor?

Thanks....

Feanaro
KEARY
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Re: Ability Score adjustments

Postby WhispererQ » Feb 8, 2005 (7:54 pm)

Hiyas, I'm not a staff member, but I think I can try to answer this...

I can see that you probably played a Simutronics game or two before coming here. We get a lot of Simu crossovers, so you're in good company :) They used a system where racial ability modifiers represented ease or difficulty in training a stat.

Eaxia uses a system that is somewhat closer to "3rd Edition Wizards of the Coast D&D" rules. Every fourth level you raise one stat of your choosing by one point (or am I wrong on that?), and the racial modifiers are a static modifier of your stats at FIRST level.

For example, say your race comes with a -1 to Coordination, a -2 to Agility, a +1 to Strength, and a +2 to Stamina. What happens is, after you are finished adjusting your stats in Eaxia's character generator, it applies those modifiers and your Coordination is reduced by 1, your Agility is reduced by 2, your Strength is increased by 1, and your Stamina is increased by 2. You then assign stat increases as you get them (1 stat of your choosing is increased by 1, every 4 levels, IIRC).

To compensate for racial modifiers... say your desired race has a -3 Strength modifier, meaning after you assign stats in the character generator, your strength score will be reduced by 3. Simply raise your strength to 3 points higher (in the character generator) than what you want it to be. Want a 14 strength? Raise it to 17 in the generator. To balance out, you'll probably have several +1 and +2 stats. Say your Wisdom will be +2 and your Intelligence will be +1. Want them both at 14? Adjust your Wisdom is 12 and your Intelligence to 13, while in the character generator. As you gain levels in your chosen class, every fourth level you increase a stat of your choosing by 1.

Hope this helps.

--WQ
WhispererQ
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby KEARY » Feb 9, 2005 (2:06 am)

That not only helps, but gives me every bit of info I was looking for.

Thanks!

Feanaro
KEARY
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Feb 10, 2005 (7:53 pm)

Every fourth level you raise one stat of your choosing by one point (or am I wrong on that?),

Correct until you reach 50th level then it becomes one point every 8 levels.
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Return to General