Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Alchemy

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Alchemy

Postby GOLUMBIT » Nov 27, 2004 (2:16 pm)

I had one rank in alchemy and it took 65 potions to gain another rank. It is me, or does that seem slow? Perhaps I am doing something wrong or perhaps the timers needs to be changed slightly, I do not know...

Does it matter what one makes? I would assume that a purple potion is easier to make then a glowing purple potion and that one would start off making a purple potion until their ranks got to a certain point, and they they can move onto glowing, and so on.. Perhaps my assumption is wrong so I would appreciate any help on this
GOLUMBIT
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Re: Alchemy

Postby OPHELIA » Nov 28, 2004 (7:41 am)

GOLUMBIT wrote:I had one rank in alchemy and it took 65 potions to gain another rank. It is me, or does that seem slow? Perhaps I am doing something wrong or perhaps the timers needs to be changed slightly, I do not know...

Does it matter what one makes? I would assume that a purple potion is easier to make then a glowing purple potion and that one would start off making a purple potion until their ranks got to a certain point, and they they can move onto glowing, and so on.. Perhaps my assumption is wrong so I would appreciate any help on this

I don't think it took me 65 potions to get another rank, but I was a mage, so perhaps your guild pops in. The problem I have with alchemy is, what the heck good are the ranks? I can make deep yellow infusions without fail with one rank, so what is the incentive to get more?

Or am I missing something?

dankya
OPHELIA
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Nov 28, 2004 (9:19 am)

I can make deep yellow infusions without fail with one rank, so what is the incentive to get more?

Alchemy is not yet complete, mana potions were a stop gap to fill a need for healers and wizards (both guilds have yet to get their big rewrite). Once more herbs become available and new formulas are found to make better healing potions (and cure diseases and the like) then you'll need more. No big rush because thats a ways off, but doesn't hurt to learn a few ranks now to be closer- since it is a slow process learning. Its a good hobby to learn while absorbing experiance, and you do learn a little experiance especially once you get a few ranks. I recomend learning a little now while it's still easy however.

But then again, I am occasionaly slightly intoxicated so who knows if my logic is correct?
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby OPHELIA » Nov 30, 2004 (6:43 am)

GROVENBURGER wrote: Alchemy is not yet complete, mana potions were a stop gap to fill a need for healers and wizards (both guilds have yet to get their big rewrite).

Ahhh, makes sense. Thanks.
OPHELIA

Return to General