Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

ReRoll Pet related skill bug

Notice a problem in the game? Suspect a system not working the way it was intended? Report it here or e-mail us at bugs@eaxia.com. Typos can also be reported at typos@eaxia.com.

If you're unsure whether or not something is a bug or not, post an example of the problem here and we'll investigate it.

ReRoll Pet related skill bug

Postby MRJ0K3R » Sep 11, 2004 (4:05 am)

I was not happy with the way things were going, so I decided to retry a few things over...
I did a regular reroll, all my skills, exp. wiped. I have a hard time tuning a frag to semanri. :evil:
Though there is one small glitch. Even thought when I bring up my SKILLS & it says level 1(73%) for animal Empathy & relatively the same for handling. I am still able to get my pet to do all the comands I could before the reroll. Either he listens very well, or it's a small glitch.
Thought I'd let ya know, Malkus.
Malkus Malikan
Avian Wizard - Phoenix Lord.
MRJ0K3R
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby 3V1LBUSHIDO » Sep 11, 2004 (9:03 am)

Perhaps the Pet itself did not "reroll"?

maybe he keeps his knowledge

all i know is i just got my own pet, and i have level 8+ animal handling and he still hasnt done a single thing but blink

Perhaps Owlbears are not the most intelligent pet...?
3V1LBUSHIDO
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Sep 11, 2004 (12:26 pm)

Or perhaps Owlbears are sometimes smarter than their owners :twisted:
Actually wolfs are the easiest to train and owlbears next. By the time you get the skills up around 42 they can find other people and the other skills come earlier. Getting the pet to depart is the first thing to teach em- work on that exclusively and I think you'll find he (or she) learns that pretty quick :)
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby 3V1LBUSHIDO » Sep 11, 2004 (1:51 pm)

yea, thats all ive been doing exclusively to get him to blink alot :evil:

what happened was that i had just obtained my pet, then i rerolled my character, Malkus rerolled at the same time, however his pet was not new and was already trained some.

Both of us level 1-3 mages had our pets with us, i tried and tried to get mine to depart, but he just blinked all the way from level 0 to level 8. Still blinking btw :(

Malkus's pet however, was able to come when called, depart and preform tricks the first try.

Unless Dragonlings are just that much smarter, which makes sense, to an extent.
3V1LBUSHIDO
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby Guest » Sep 11, 2004 (5:18 pm)

preceisely the problem I was pointing out. We are both the same level, yet I can do all that with my pet & you can not. Unfair, & a possible bug.

Postby 3V1LBUSHIDO » Sep 11, 2004 (6:06 pm)

i dont really think i consider it unfair (unless it does happen to be a bug that not everyone gets). I have only had my pet for an hour or so, so my pet itself has not learned those tricks etc. If your pet has already been taught, i dont know that it would be unfair for your pet to keep his learned abilities. Kinda like keeping your weapons and items after reroll, if you had better items then they should stay better. The pets abilities may not be directly associated with your persons abilities persay.
3V1LBUSHIDO
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby DUBLEX » Sep 12, 2004 (9:13 am)

your level dosnt matter when training a pet its your skill and owlbears need more than 8 ranks in handle animal to get them to depart
ShadowMaster Kondor Haramon
DUBLEX
Veteran Forums Adventurer
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Sep 12, 2004 (10:55 am)

Malkus did your trained skills stay the same when you rerolled? It's been so long since I rerolled and kept a character I'm not sure but seems like that was the case. If so your animal handling ranks is the key like Kondor said. Otherwise its a glitch that somehow your character being read like it has those old ranks. It's a nice bonus for usage but you lose the skill experiance getting it back up so is sorta a trade off either way. I'm sure next time exxy goes thru the boards he'll give you an answer anyways. :)
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Sep 12, 2004 (1:26 pm)

Rerolling your character is not character deletion. True, you start fresh with no experience, no class, different race, and no skills -- but your inventory, wealth, name, home, and animal companion stay exactly how they are -- including anything you have successfully been able to teach your companion.

If you wanted otherwise, you can either TELL him to LEAVE FOREVER or delete your character at our website.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby 3V1LBUSHIDO » Sep 12, 2004 (11:47 pm)

should you tell your pet to leave forever does that mean you can get a new pet?

Will the type of pet always be the same, or is it random?
3V1LBUSHIDO
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby KHODGES » Sep 13, 2004 (5:06 pm)

Aye, you can get a new pet after you tell one to leave forever. As far as I know, it is random, as it the initial choosing of a pet. Well, they do the choosing.
KHODGES
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby MRJ0K3R » Sep 22, 2004 (10:20 am)

I was only writing on what I thought to be a skill related action bug,
not to get rid of my friend. We've spent many a hour together, & couldn't let go now. Long as it's the way it should be, everyone's happy. :twisted:
Malkus Malikan
Avian Wizard - Phoenix Lord.
MRJ0K3R
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Return to Bugs