Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Wedding Items Contest!

Itching to give into your creativity? Take a look at our contests -- who knows, maybe your creation will make its way to the game!

Wedding Items Contest!

Postby GDLISS » Aug 4, 2004 (8:44 pm)

The Presence Department is having a designing contest for wedding items! PLEASE read this post in its entirety before submitting entries! The wedding design contest will be open until August 18, 2004. Submissions received after the 18th will not be considered for the competition. Winners will be announced here as soon as possible after the close of the contest and grand prize winners will be contacted directly.

Item Design Rules: All items need to have two views: a short description and a longer or LOOK description. The short description is what you see when you look at a person wearing/holding the item and must have less than 100 characters including spaces (example: an alabaster robe with an embroidered hem). The short description starts with a lower case article (some, a, an, etc.) and may not have any punctuation (commas, etc.). The long or LOOK description needs to be less than 250 characters, including spaces, and is what is seen if you look at the item (example: The robe appears to have delicate embroidery along the hem depicting fairies and flowers). The look begins with a capital letter and needs to be in complete sentences.

Contest Categories: The contest will consist of 4 categories: 1) male clothing items, 2) female clothing items, 3) wedding rings, 4) flowers.

Submission Details: Each person may only submit two items per category and must include the contest category, the player name they are entering for, the type of item, your AIM SN (if you have one, N/A if not), and your e-mail address at the TOP of the entry message. An example would be “female clothing, Player Liss, wedding gown, GMLissZ, gd-liss@XXXXX.XXX” Please just include text in your entries - no attachments will be accepted! Please send your submissions by Private message to GDLiss through the forums here by clicking on my name on one of my posts or by going to Private Messages and entering GDLiss. Please do NOT post entries.

Prizes: The prizes for each category include an alteration item in the above categories (these do not have to be wedding-oriented). Additional grand prizes will include ONE weapon, and ONE armor alteration. The weapon and armor alteration grand prizes will have standard settings (standard damage, AC adjustments, etc.). Any designs used in the upcoming wedding shop will bear the designer’s player first name in the read (example: The small tag reads, “~Designed by Liss!”

We look forward to your entries! The contest will last until August 18th so be sure to send in your favorite 2 designs in each category! Happy adventuring!

GD Liss
Presence
GDLISS
Eaxia Online senior staff

A question on the contest

Postby MELLIS » Aug 5, 2004 (9:39 pm)

On the rings, does it have to be a matching set?
It is better to forgive and forget than it is to hate and remember ........................ Dethier, the Barbarian merchant
MELLIS
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Rings question

Postby GDLISS » Aug 10, 2004 (9:38 pm)

Hey there!
Rings are always better if they are avaliable for both halves of the couple - it's another way to show the bond/unity - although they sometimes have some minor differences. I prefer the unisex rings, myself, although there could be some variations in male/female rings like size, thickness, etc. In other words, they don't HAVE to be the same, but they usually are. Thanks for the question and good luck with the contest!
Liss
GDLISS

question on the entries...

Postby KUNGFUFREAK » Aug 11, 2004 (12:31 am)

ok, i have an idea for a two piece wedding dress, but i was wondering if it would count as one item or two, since both would be needed to complete the ensemble.. cause i already have another dress made ....
KUNGFUFREAK
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

1 or 2 items answer

Postby GDLISS » Aug 11, 2004 (10:13 pm)

For now, I'll count it as one entry for a 2-part dress/gown. Please don't send multiple items with multiple parts, though! Thanks and good luck!
Liss
GDLISS

Postby GDLISS » Aug 23, 2004 (1:58 pm)

Hi there!
Well, I overestimated the amount of time it would take me to go through the wedding entries. Thanks to everyone who entered! Several of the items will be wonderful in the wedding shop, so look for a read with your character’s name when it opens! Please use AIM IM GMLissZ, e-mail gd-liss@XXXXX.XXX, or report Liss in game to obtain your prize! The winners are:

1) Male clothing items
Ethae
Ethae’s prize is one clothing alteration made with GD Liss!

2) female clothing items
Islyn
Islyn’s prize is one clothing alteration made with GD Liss!

3) wedding rings
Dethier
Dethier’s prize is one jewelry or clothing item alteration made with GD Liss!

4) flowers
Leyara
Leyara’s prize is one flower or clothing item alteration made with GD Liss!

Grand prize winner
Stroud
Stroud’s prize is one weapon and one armor alteration made with GD Liss!

Thanks again to everyone who entered! Happy adventuring!
GD Liss
GDLISS

Return to Contests