Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Dual wield question

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Dual wield question

Postby ANTIHEROIC » Jun 28, 2004 (1:58 am)

When someone kills a critter with a strike from the weapon in his or her right hand while dual wielding, they gain no skill exp for the weapon in his or her left hand. Considering that any swing, hit or miss, teaches skill in that weapon, is this intended?
ANTIHEROIC
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby trenmarc-eaxia » Jun 28, 2004 (5:20 am)

If the kill was made with the strike from the right handed weapon then the left handed weapon never was swung so Id said it was intended.

Tren
trenmarc-eaxia

Postby MANIACWILL » Jun 28, 2004 (8:48 pm)

I would have to agree with trenmarc it isnt supposed to mean you swing both at the same time more that you swung on then the other but in quick succesion. if you killed the critter the second swing wasnt needed so you just didnt do it
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Jun 28, 2004 (9:18 pm)

And having almost always had one or two of my fighter characters using dual weapons I can vouch for the fact that it has always been that way at least as long as I've been here (about 2 years? heh long enough to forget :roll: ) if you use the second swing then yes you get experiance ( although for a while we got nothing from the kill strike, the first swing did give exp if both weapons were swung on a kill ).
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby ANTIHEROIC » Jun 29, 2004 (2:07 am)

It just seems odd to double penalize the off-hand weapon. I mean, it's already learned at about half the rate of the right hand weapon. Add in not learning anything on 1/5 or more of all swings and one's skill in the right hand weapon will quickly outpace the left by a large amount. Not to mention the fact that you can learn weapons without swinging them, i.e. by getting off balance or fatigued. Although, I imagine that'll be fixed with the combat rewrite.
ANTIHEROIC

Postby MANIACWILL » Jun 29, 2004 (5:27 pm)

Honestly I think we are all in agreement We really want this combat rewrite. I think we are also in agreement that Exxy taking this huge project at this time is definatly a good thing for us. I think exxy is doing a great job and really wish I could contribute to him getting it done faster. Maybe I will take up some coding so I can gain some experience at it
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Return to General