Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

janitors getting lazy again

Notice a problem in the game? Suspect a system not working the way it was intended? Report it here or e-mail us at bugs@eaxia.com. Typos can also be reported at typos@eaxia.com.

If you're unsure whether or not something is a bug or not, post an example of the problem here and we'll investigate it.

janitors getting lazy again

Postby DUBLEX » Jun 20, 2004 (9:52 am)

[Sal va'Taer Forest, The Pard's Lament]
An oval-shaped stand of young ebony trees has been planted within the last several years, the tallest only twice the height of a man now. The trees form a stage on which rests a slick, dark grey-black stone altar tinged with hues of deep crimson. The skulls of various animals litter the flattened top of the altar, completely barren of flesh or tissue.
Other life here: none.
You also see: a swirling purple potion, an oak branch (fifteen), a cherrywood staff carved with the name Mani, a cherrywood staff, an oak ring, a maple bowl, and a rolling, low-lying fog.
Obvious exits: southwest.
ShadowMaster Kondor Haramon
DUBLEX
Veteran Forums Adventurer
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Jun 20, 2004 (11:21 am)

This is not a bug.

The janitor (clean-up) system goes through rooms (where it's allowed) and picks out items that are marked for deletion (like those branches) and randomly chooses one every 15-20 seconds, with a 33% chance that it can skip the room entirely.

Therefore, on average, every minute the janitor will randomly clean two items, so long as no one (and no NPC) is in the room and the item is available for janitorization (lots of items are immune, like benches and stuff). If someone fills up a room with a hundred branches, it'll take about 50 minutes for them to all clear away.

Hope that helps clear things up.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby MANIACWILL » Jun 20, 2004 (11:50 pm)

actually I carved that branch around the 1st-3rd of the month I make a point to occasionally go by and see if it is gone yet. I find it amusing that so many days later it is still there. Way to go mani

Posted: Jun 20, 2004 (10:52 am) Subject: janitors getting lazy again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Sal va'Taer Forest, The Pard's Lament]
An oval-shaped stand of young ebony trees has been planted within the last several years, the tallest only twice the height of a man now. The trees form a stage on which rests a slick, dark grey-black stone altar tinged with hues of deep crimson. The skulls of various animals litter the flattened top of the altar, completely barren of flesh or tissue.
Other life here: none.
You also see: a swirling purple potion, an oak branch (fifteen), a cherrywood staff carved with the name Mani, a cherrywood staff, an oak ring, a maple bowl, and a rolling, low-lying fog.
Obvious exits: southwest.
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GDAREMENTA » Jun 21, 2004 (11:38 am)

Heh, something was a little wonky with those things. Anyway, I got them out of the way. ^_^
~Arementa
Area Development Manager
GDAREMENTA
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Return to Bugs