Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Alchemy Question

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Alchemy Question

Postby MANIACWILL » Jun 19, 2004 (9:53 pm)

What I need to know is the new alchemy strengths. If I make a glowing purple potion is it still stronger than the indigo potion and what is possible to make. I think having this will help me decide what to work on thanks
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

I'm with Will...

Postby GODSCHILD » Jun 19, 2004 (9:59 pm)

I don't understand which ones are strongest, I got some people telling me that the glowing purple are, just like they used to be and some who say it's the indigo, that it used to be strongest and still is.

So now I have no clue now which are the best. :?: And I'd like to know for alchemy reasons too, since I'm trying to teach one of my chara's alchemy.
My motto : Have fun, make friends and show respect for others.
GODSCHILD
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Re: I'm with Will...

Postby GROVENBURGER » Jun 20, 2004 (12:45 am)

GODSCHILD wrote:I don't understand which ones are strongest, I got some people telling me that the glowing purple are, just like they used to be and some who say it's the indigo, that it used to be strongest and still is.

Exxy recently set that straight when he told us the swirling purple and the indigoes were about the same and the glowing purples were the best availble at least until new formulas are discovered. Tried to find where he said that- not sure if it was the boards or elsewhere. Heck what so hard to tell- make em all and try em for heavens sake- go to hounds and get vit zapped a bit then drink a potion and see how well it brings ya up, then go back in with a differant potion and try again. (If you at their level or a bit higher is best-but something close to your range works best for this) I've proved the above to myself with Groo's potions in the past- unless the new ones have changed positions they fall in the same order- but all are weaker than before now! :shock:
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby COTY » Jun 20, 2004 (12:51 am)

I think the question here wasn't so much which did what, yet which ones were worth the time to make. Personally i don't like spending 2 minutes making a potion that's piss poor.
COTY
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Jun 20, 2004 (12:56 am)

We are all in the same boat wondering which will work how well- only way to find out is try em in large sampling. We been told they all gonna seem poor to the past- so we need to accept that and see what works and how well and pass it on- if they are too bad then Exxy will look at it- I trust him on that. Don't compare to the old ones rather see just what they do- need to be as specific as you can for them to have something to work with. Trust me I know I've broke enough things in this game (like blowing the whole game up twice in and hour by adding Chou's name to the martial art board at the guild- the boards that no longer work! :oops: )

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GODSCHILD » Jun 20, 2004 (1:29 am)

Exxy recently set that straight when he told us the swirling purple and the indigoes were about the same and the glowing purples were the best availble at least until new formulas are discovered.

That's that I'm having right there. The night Exxy released the new alchemy system Varv and I where out the east gate learning the formulas from Della and Exxy came by. I asked him about the strengths, if the glowing where still the strongest then indigo and swirling purple and he said that the Indigo was the strongest and always had been. That it was the two purple that where the same. I cut and pasted that into my notepad where I had the directions for making the new potions so I know I'm not mistaken on that one.

As for trying em out, I have. But they heal very little and it's hard to tell the difference between em to be honest.

Also forgot to ask before but what skills affect how good your potions are?
GODSCHILD
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby GODSCHILD » Jun 20, 2004 (1:32 am)

Exxy recently set that straight when he told us the swirling purple and the indigoes were about the same and the glowing purples were the best availble at least until new formulas are discovered.

That's that I'm having right there. The night Exxy released the new alchemy system Varv and I where out the east gate learning the formulas from Della and Exxy came by. I asked him about the strengths, if the glowing where still the strongest then indigo and swirling purple and he said that the Indigo was the strongest and always had been. That it was the two purple that where the same. I cut and pasted that into my notepad where I had the directions for making the new potions so I know I'm not mistaken on that one.

As for trying em out, I have. But they heal very little and it's hard to tell the difference between em to be honest.

Also forgot to ask before but what skills affect how good your potions are?
GODSCHILD
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby GODSCHILD » Jun 20, 2004 (1:42 am)

Sorry about the double post, did a preview and somehow it got posted and went back to change something and then clicked done and it posted again. Gotta forgive me, this is the first time I've ever used a forum.

Did a search of the forum and found where Exxy said which potions where strongest and you where right, so now I'm really confused cause while it is totally possible that I could remember wrong, since I cut and pasted it, I'm not depending on my memory. :cry:
GODSCHILD
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby ANTIHEROIC » Jun 20, 2004 (1:48 am)

Exxy did at one point post that the glowing purple were the strongest and that the indigo and swirling purple were the same, but also hinted that they were different in pulse strength and/or duration. From what I've seen with the old potions I used, indigo may not have healed the most total hp, but it healed the fastest. The one old indigo potion I have heals me from pain at every breath all the way up to mostly healthy in one pulse, so I can see where Exxy is coming from saying old potions were overpowered. <g>
ANTIHEROIC
Veteran Forums Adventurer
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Jun 20, 2004 (11:16 am)

GODSCHILD wrote:The night Exxy released the new alchemy system Varv and I where out the east gate learning the formulas from Della and Exxy came by. I asked him about the strengths, if the glowing where still the strongest then indigo and swirling purple and he said that the Indigo was the strongest and always had been. That it was the two purple that where the same. I cut and pasted that into my notepad where I had the directions for making the new potions so I know I'm not mistaken on that one.

This is absolutely, 100% correct.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GDEXXY » Jun 20, 2004 (11:18 am)

ANTIHEROIC wrote:Exxy did at one point post that the glowing purple were the strongest and that the indigo and swirling purple were the same, but also hinted that they were different in pulse strength and/or duration. From what I've seen with the old potions I used, indigo may not have healed the most total hp, but it healed the fastest. The one old indigo potion I have heals me from pain at every breath all the way up to mostly healthy in one pulse, so I can see where Exxy is coming from saying old potions were overpowered. <g>

I may have hinted that they are different, but only to the benefit of the indigo (better) potion. I did not (intend) to hint that the other healing potions were in ANY way stronger (or healed more over time, pulsed better, etc.) than the indigo.

For once and for all: indigo is the level 2 healing potion -- it lasts longer and heals more each pulse. Glowing and swirling purple potions are the level 1 healing potion.

:)
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GDEXXY » Jun 20, 2004 (11:32 am)

COTY wrote:I think the question here wasn't so much which did what, yet which ones were worth the time to make. Personally i don't like spending 2 minutes making a potion that's piss poor.

I don't believe any of the potions you can produce now take 2 minutes. Even the most complex mana potion takes less than 100 seconds, assuming you have all the ingredients. The cheapest healing potion takes less than 20 seconds to prepare while the bigger one takes 35.

And to your opinon of them being "piss poor", I can only respond with: it does what it need and intends to do. I'm aware that you don't like how much it heals (particularly because the older alchemy system let you make potions that broke a lot of rules), so there's no more point in bringing it up again. I've heard your complaint.

Either wait for better, more complex alchemy formulas that make higher-level healing potions or just deal with the new lower-level healing potions, but I don't need to hear any more whining about things that just aren't true -- like how long potions take to make or that they don't do anything. Rubbish.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GROVENBURGER » Jun 20, 2004 (3:27 pm)

Being a Dwarf cleric type I have been fighting mana problems- the 10,000 for the stove is paid back over and over with the strength of the cooked mana potions - I love em and offer a drink to those that gave em to us! CHEERS! :D

P.S. The stove comes in handy for emergency brewing too :twisted:

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby ellisj » Jun 20, 2004 (4:30 pm)

or that they don't do anything. Rubbish.

i don't think it's rubbish
i can stand there for 10 minutes sippin on a potion every so often and not get above very week. i had deep cuts but they were tended the entire time.

bose
Last edited by ellisj on Jun 20, 2004 (5:59 pm), edited 1 time in total.
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby ellisj » Jun 20, 2004 (4:43 pm)

You mix together your gantaya sap with your miil brew, producing an indigo potion!
[Roundtime: 6 seconds]
>
The spider on your knapsack works diligently at spinning fresh webbing to keep it sturdy.
>drink pot
You take a sip of your indigo potion and suddenly feel a strange tingling sensation.
[That was the last draught of the potion.]
[Roundtime: 3 seconds]

Alchemy: 85 (43%)

only one sip!?

bose
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Return to General