Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Shields

Notice a problem in the game? Suspect a system not working the way it was intended? Report it here or e-mail us at bugs@eaxia.com. Typos can also be reported at typos@eaxia.com.

If you're unsure whether or not something is a bug or not, post an example of the problem here and we'll investigate it.

Shields

Postby ANTIHEROIC » Jun 14, 2004 (10:34 pm)

Currently, a shield provides an armor rating increase no matter which hand it's held in. However, it's only possible to block attacks when it's held in the left hand, so one could hold a shield in the right hand and still gain the additional armor rating to help successfully dodge attacks.

>glan
You glance down and see that you have nothing in your right hand and a rune-covered spiked shield emblazoned with a towering giant in your left hand.
>inf

Armor rating: 48 (without armor: 21)

>swap
You move a rune-covered spiked shield emblazoned with a towering giant to your right hand.
>glan
You glance down and see that you have a rune-covered spiked shield emblazoned with a towering giant in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.
>inf

Armor rating: 48 (without armor: 21)

>wear shie
You sling a rune-covered spiked shield emblazoned with a towering giant over your shoulder.
>glan
You glance down at your empty hands.
>inf

Armor rating: 40 (without armor: 17)
ANTIHEROIC
Veteran Forums Adventurer
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Jun 15, 2004 (8:23 am)

I'm fine with this working as it does, though it may change slightly in a forthcoming combat rewrite.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby MANIACWILL » Jun 15, 2004 (11:56 pm)

My complaint to the shield one is one based on combat while holding a shield. If you hold the shield in your left hand and attack you might get say a 2 second rt though if you hold the shield in your right hand you will recieve a 4-6 second rt. Some of us my think that that is kinda unfair. I can see if you hold two weapons one does less damage but come on. When you dont use weapons it defaults the shield to your right hand so you might end up having to use swap alot more then necessary. Then again I am lazy so that might be it too
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Return to Bugs