Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Skill depreciation

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Skill depreciation

Postby OVR3RIDE » Jun 12, 2004 (1:18 am)

I just don't understand the reasoning behind it. We slowly lose percentages of our higher ranks. Our higher ranks are things we specialize in.. the things we do most. Why would we be more prone to forget the things we do nearly every day? It makes more sense to me that I'd be more likely to forget things that I've only done once or twice like my 2% skill in punching daggers or my 38% of a rank in clubs. I found it a bit discouraging when I was foraging miil weed and was checking my experience then I noticed I lost 1% while I was foraging.
Me likes shinies!
OVR3RIDE
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » Jun 12, 2004 (11:20 am)

You think that sucks when you are in combat and you get to 99% you can lose 1% then when your skill gets hit again you gain your rank but it count it as if you had gotten it after depreciation effected it so no exp. I want to know how you can fight stuff that teaches your highest skill and still be losing to depreciation. Also they said that your top 8 skills depreciate at a very slow rate however I lose a % in skills every 5-15 minutes so if i am still at level but say dodge parry block outnumbered defence martial arts and unarmed attack is maxed you actually get a message every minute or so.

you gained a rank in dodge
you gained a rank in outnumbered defence
you gained a rank in martial arts
you gained a rank in block
you gained a rank in unarmed attacks

that is really annoying
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Re: Skill depreciation

Postby GDEXXY » Jun 13, 2004 (7:25 pm)

OVR3RIDE wrote:We slowly lose percentages of our higher ranks. Our higher ranks are things we specialize in.. the things we do most. Why would we be more prone to forget the things we do nearly every day? It makes more sense to me that I'd be more likely to forget things that I've only done once or twice like my 2% skill in punching daggers or my 38% of a rank in clubs.

Perhaps you misread the information on skill depreciation. You lose skill ranks in all skills very slowly. For your top 8 skills, you lose skill ranks MUCH slower than all the rest, because those are the skills you are specialized in.

For all skills suffering depreciation:

(1) you can never lose more than 5% of the highest amount you've had it at. For example, if you had 65 ranks in Wilderness Lore, you can never go below 61 ranks due to skill depreciation.

(2) you gain back skill experience with a 400% bonus. If a particular task would normally give you 4%, it will give you about 16% instead, until you catch back up to where you used to be.

(3) skills at 5 ranks or below are completely immune to all skill depreciation.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GDEXXY » Jun 13, 2004 (7:26 pm)

MANIACWILL wrote:You think that sucks when you are in combat and you get to 99% you can lose 1% then when your skill gets hit again you gain your rank but it count it as if you had gotten it after depreciation effected it so no exp. I want to know how you can fight stuff that teaches your highest skill and still be losing to depreciation. Also they said that your top 8 skills depreciate at a very slow rate however I lose a % in skills every 5-15 minutes so if i am still at level but say dodge parry block outnumbered defence martial arts and unarmed attack is maxed you actually get a message every minute or so.

Thank you for reporting this. It will be fixed promptly.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GDEXXY » Jun 13, 2004 (7:35 pm)

GDEXXY wrote:
MANIACWILL wrote:You think that sucks when you are in combat and you get to 99% you can lose 1% then when your skill gets hit again you gain your rank but it count it as if you had gotten it after depreciation effected it so no exp. I want to know how you can fight stuff that teaches your highest skill and still be losing to depreciation. Also they said that your top 8 skills depreciate at a very slow rate however I lose a % in skills every 5-15 minutes so if i am still at level but say dodge parry block outnumbered defence martial arts and unarmed attack is maxed you actually get a message every minute or so.

Thank you for reporting this. It will be fixed promptly.

This should now be fixed. Thanks again!
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby 3V1LBUSHIDO » Aug 30, 2004 (12:17 pm)

well i guess you can disregard my other post about skill depreciation :oops: i hadnt read this one yet

it seems to have been taken care of exceptionally, my only valid suggestion would be #3 about maybe a miss percentage for rusty skills, which is not really needed, just an idea
3V1LBUSHIDO
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Return to General