Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Companions

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Companions

Postby BC24 » Jun 5, 2004 (12:32 pm)

Hiyas,
Just curious, how fast do companions grow? Does petting, hugging, kissing, etc., help with their growth? As they get older, can they do more stuff? (carry items, drag you away once they're fully grown, etc.) Do they only age when they're out with you? Do they age to the point of being so old they will die? (sad but that's nature :( )
Also are there plans on making companions being able to hunt with us? And will there be the chance of having them more customised then just "A baby dragonling" ... i.e. colors, emotional traits (sad looking, fierce, hyper, etc.)
Ok thanks!
-Shana :wink:
BC24
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby GDNATHEME » Jun 5, 2004 (3:38 pm)

Currently, animal companions age at a constant, set rate. No actions on the part of the player causes any variance in the companion growth rate. Also, companions can do nothing different at an older age than as a baby. Age is simply a cosmetic change. At this time, it is set up that companions will never die. As far as plans for companions go, I'm sure they're on the list, but likely more on the back burner. When such a time might come that they would be changed, all of what I just posted could change.

Hope that helped.
Moo,
GameDirector Natheme
Systems Department Manager
GDNATHEME
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby BC24 » Jun 5, 2004 (9:50 pm)

Ok thank you for responding :D

-Shana :wink:
BC24