Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Rapidly disappearing corpses?

Notice a problem in the game? Suspect a system not working the way it was intended? Report it here or e-mail us at bugs@eaxia.com. Typos can also be reported at typos@eaxia.com.

If you're unsure whether or not something is a bug or not, post an example of the problem here and we'll investigate it.

Rapidly disappearing corpses?

Postby KM7 » Jun 2, 2004 (7:27 pm)

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but I have noticed from time to time corpses to disappear quicker than usual. Here is one example:

You feel completely prepared to cast your spell.
>cast
A nether ghoul leaps at you with a ferocious hiss.
Ducking in the nick of time, you escape the vicious attack as the ghoul goes sailing overhead. Landing on all fours, he gives you a steely gaze.
You gesture at the nether ghoul.
A stream of fire launches from your grasp and slams into the nether ghoul.
The spell appears to inflict a major amount of damage. The nether ghoul appears moderately susceptible to the spell!
A nether ghoul defiantly hisses, "My brothersss will drink of your blood!"
The ghoul slumps over dead at your feet.
You gain 102 experience.
[You are able to absorb 81 points into your training experience pool.]
[Roundtime: 1 second]
>skin corpse
I could not find what you were referring to.
>skin corp
I could not find what you were referring to.
>l
[Cemetery, Tunnels]
The smell of decay assaults your nostrils and an overwhelming feeling of foreboding creeps into your being as you inch your way along. Gazing upward at the dirt ceiling you see what appears to be the remains of a rotting casket. Taking a deep breath, you make your way further into the darkness.
Other life here: none.
You also see: a large crack and a young dragonling.
Obvious exits: southwest.
KM7
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Jun 2, 2004 (8:11 pm)

I think it just the area the janitor is sweeping to wipe corpses that causes that- its always been that way- sometimes they seem to be there a good bit :twisted: and other times disapear as the knife comes out of your sheath :shock:
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby BRUCE » Jun 2, 2004 (9:00 pm)

Do they ever dissapear when it's the first one you killed in that room? I was considerin posting about this as well. It seems to me like it only happens when there is already a body or two laying there. So i assume what is happening is all bodies are programmed to dissapear at once, rather than each body having a set decay time. So you kill one at the unlucky time that bodies are being picked up, because the timer was started by the earlier kills? Or maybe the janitor just comes at set intervals, or maybe i'm way off.
Bruse
BRUCE
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Jun 2, 2004 (9:07 pm)

I've seen it both ways actually, first last or in the middle of the run in Groo's case in mummies for example- will be stopping and skinning each one the wham! :shock: nothing there after the kill but the next one is there again. :lol:

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » Jun 3, 2004 (8:04 pm)

they need to set a timer based on each corpse independantly say when a skinnable corpse hits the ground a timer starts and goes for five minutes
this would allow you to skin it after you are safely out of combat and not clutter the ground needlessly. Wonder if unskinable corpses could dissappear immediatly and skinnable corpses stay till they are either skinned or there is no one in the room. Would be alot of programming so maybe not too easy to do
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Jun 3, 2004 (8:51 pm)

For what few corpses i actually lose this way it really wouldn't be worth anyones time to do the extra programming- I just write it off to having damaged the corpse (especially in Groo's case :shock: ) too badly to even considering attempting to skin it! :twisted:

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » Jun 3, 2004 (11:37 pm)

I looked at it this way say 10 people are hunting skinnable corpses and they lose 10 in an hour. Say the average gold value of each skin is 500 that is 50,000 gold potential lost plus 100 skins. and that is in one hour. Now take that and say on average that will occur about 8 hours out of a day that mean you are losing potentially 400k a day from this. Now lets say that you take that to a year and you have 146,000,000 gold. WOW!!! That is alot of money lost. How many new players would love to have 1/146 of that. And i counted while mani hunted skeletons and he lost about 20-25 in one hour so there is potentially alot more being lost. not to mention 500 gold isnt very high of an extimate for skins when one draconian warrior skin sells for more than 2k on average and i imagine the stuff in soulstealer swamp sells for more yet. Hope the numbers help
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Jun 4, 2004 (4:28 am)

Jungatha carapaces aren't even 500 and hounds and long tail parts are well under 100 so 500 is way above the average , but the point is understood- losing 22 corpses isn't the norm for anyones average trip out hunting however- getting 22 corpses is usually near the high end for one trip before stopping to absorb and roleplay a lil, or getting healed is a usual reason to take a break too. And I shouldn't even mention stopping to play Castles! :shock:

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby BRUCE » Jun 4, 2004 (8:16 am)

Stuff in the new swamp wasn't skinnable when i tried it, or atleast the spider and zombies werent, predictably. Is anything in there skinnable?
Bruse
BRUCE
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » Jun 4, 2004 (9:22 am)

My problem was i would get 1 in 5 corpses to skin. It might be a bug when a magical item that adds additional damage kills the critter with either the main damage and the extra does damage to the corpse or when the magical does the killing blow. Mani who has the problem alot more than my other characters uses a rapier that adds damage with every strike and before that used a dagger of ashes and both gave the same problem. And unlike most people i stop hunting when i cant carry anymore I am too damaged to continue i get bored or I am dead. When i go after critters I want to gain levels as fast as possible so i go all out. Then when i am done i roleplay. Often though i will go all out till i have to do something off game or i gain a level then i take a break. Faye is different as she is a mage so i take alot of breaks when i run out of mana. That happens way way too often though
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Jun 4, 2004 (1:46 pm)

Definately not the normal for my skinning, even when Groo is using either or both of the two weapons that do extra damage in mummies was getting pleanty of corpses to attempt to skin, or at least no more than one or two in a half hour to an hour in there went missing. The weapon of ashes perhaps was destroying the use of the corpse- I could maybe see that but the mace of judgement is anti-evil, would have thought it'd cause me a problem if that was the case.
Last edited by GROVENBURGER on Jun 4, 2004 (9:33 pm), edited 1 time in total.

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Jun 4, 2004 (1:47 pm)

Bruce,

What kinda spiders? The spiders outside pirates are skinnable, anything differant on these other than bigger teeth and hairier? :shock:

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby BRUCE » Jun 4, 2004 (5:06 pm)

oops, sorry the ghost spiders were the buggers im referring to, no skinning them.
Bruse
BRUCE
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Jun 5, 2004 (8:11 am)

Except for the zombies, everything in there (right now -- we're adding more stuff later) is noncorpeal. How would you skin a ghost?
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby BRUCE » Jun 5, 2004 (9:23 am)

Thats why i said predictably. Cuz it makes sense none of it is skinnable. I guess i should have said sensibly? or makes sense or something. Either way, i understand why it's not skinnable. Was just letting the person that said there is probably harder stuff in the swamp know that it's not skinnable, for good reason.
Bruse
BRUCE
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Return to Bugs