Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

help with hunting

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

help with hunting

Postby SMARK » May 22, 2004 (8:40 pm)

I cannot train in hunting areas anymore. I have waited a few days since the changes but have heard or read nothing new. Is combat working as designed now? If so My character is screwed. I could learn faster in goblins killin em in one hit and poppin boxes than i can in a hunting area. 58-120 exp in 8-10 minutes is not good learning. Something has to give. Either suck some of the stamina out of the critters or give us more damaging strikes. Just please do something.

Smark

I just made an attempt at hunting. I succesfully killed one creature before I had to leave the area. Although i can usualy stay fro three, that's horrible.
SMARK
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby arriend » May 22, 2004 (9:00 pm)

Well now...

Seems things are getting to be more reasonable...really I don't see why a theif should focus his training on slaying critters. From the sounds of it, things really aren't too bad, you can kill something that gives decent exp. If you wanna hear about a hard time, ask Goharo, he went through a ton of troubles, being one of the only theives and of a decent rank when combat went through changes.
Really it's not as bad as some are making it sound, maybe try dropping to a critter that is a rank or two below what you used to hunt. After combat was changed the first time my character dropped to stone giants after having spent the last 20+ levels in Jungatha...it seems harsh but it's certainly not rediculous. Also, try hunting with a group, take a healer and a barb with you, join up and all do your part in the killing, this would not only make the slaying easier and last long, but also get a little player interaction going on.
arriend
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby SMARK » May 22, 2004 (9:26 pm)

dropping a critter wouldn't be a bad idea if they taught experience or skills. since junga no longer teach me. that leaves draconians.

Smark
SMARK

Postby MANIACWILL » May 22, 2004 (11:41 pm)

well lets see

thieves
good pain tolerance
average physical defense
good combatant

martial artist
good pain tolerance
excellent physical defense
excellent combatant

barbarians
excellent pain tolerance
excellent combatant

paladins
great pain tolerance
great combatant

rangers
average pain tolerance
average physical defense
good combatant

druids
average pain tolerance
good physical defense
good combatant

necromancer
poor pain tolerance
average physical defense
average combatant
spellcaster

wizard
poor pain tolerance
poor physical defense
average combatant
spellcaster

bards
average pain tolerance
average physical defense
average combatant
spellcaster

get the idea yet smark a thief lives by his wits not his sword your skills are not supposed to be anything combat you are basically way too powerful as thiefs now and you are getting weakened to fit a mold. Or you have agrevated me too many times and i am just annoying you as much as you annoy me. most classes are good at something some are spellcasters some are going to be spellcasters like the rangers and paladins. paladins are all about the armor and defence with good combat skills to help kill stuff rangers and druids are naturalist and will be getting the skills to reflect it a thiefs home is in the CITY and they are designed for it. It is about time you get reminded that a thief isnt a barb or martial artist to go kill stuff helter skelter. Yes they can kill but generally you dont think of a thief as a front line guy or even a supporting spellcaster they are the ones that use stealth to engage in combat why do you think you have backstab anyway. Find out what a thief is read some books on thiefs. If you wanted to be an assassin you could have suggested that guild. Assassins worked with thiiefs and had little thief skill some yes but not alot and was good in combat using speed and agility a thief was the person that stole from people in the city broke in to buildings ect and if the thief needed trouble taken care of they called on the assassins. In some places the fighter thiefs (assassins) had a seperate guild from thiefs.

You have skills that no fighter can have and excell at things no front line fighter should have you just got to learn to use your skills you have better and stop playing like you are the great thief warrior. I dont believe you can be in two guilds at once. Smark you are great at stealing stalking popping boxes I have seen you backstab and kill in one hit a higher level player. You have the skills to play anywhere in the game if you rethink your strategy and play to your characters strengths
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby SMARK » May 23, 2004 (3:03 am)

Will

You copy and pasted a bit where it states thieves are supposed to be good combatants. Then went on a rant about thieves not being good combatants. When you make up your mind let me know. I will address some of your thoughts.

"use your skills to your strength"

backstab is an abiltiy not a skill. It is on a 15 minute timer

attacking from hiding doesn't work because critters attack those hidden

"thieves aren't supposed to be frontline fighters"

I don't think they should be either. I do not expect to be as good in combat as a barbarian or paladin. But I should be able to hold my own at level

Exxy has stated that he doesn't feel guilds should pigeonhole players. If you want to play a dark paladin that is shadowy it can be done.

"You have skills no front line fighter will ever have"

This is not true. I have abilites other guilds don't have. All my skills, save one , are skills any player can learn. And that one skill is dependant upon my combat ability.

Krondor seems to open boxes just fine. He seems to do it as well as me. And I know one Martial Artist that has very high ranks in hiding.

"I've seen you backstab and kill in one hit a high level character."

I have no idea what you are talking about. This never happened. Only player I recall backstabbing is Boseefus in a friendly contest. He killed me quite directly after the backtab too.

Exxy suggested that if combat was too hard at ceartain levels to let him know and he would look into it. That's all I am asking. I don't think I should be able to fight like Boseefus, Baltimus, Krondor, Liv, or Gobbie, but I should be able to train my skills in a hunting area at my level without so much difficulty. As you posted from the official website, thieves are supposed to be good at combat. And as far as me annoying you, you didn't seem annoyed at all yesterday when i was giving Mani tips on how to maximize his learning.

Smark

Smark
SMARK

Postby MANIACWILL » May 23, 2004 (12:08 pm)

Agreed your problem is mainly with will who you take every opportunity to annoy. Good fighters doesnt mean great fighters and i think a thief should have stealthier ways of engaging in combat since again a thief is at home in the city not in a volcanic rift. Granted a Martial artist paladin barbarian are way better in combat that you are and the classes that are worse tend to be specifically spellcasters or soon will be like a ranger or druid who are getting a whole skill and spell redo along with most guilds as far as the class(guild) mentions. Thiefs were already redone Granted if yoiu wanted to work a big weapon and heavy armor as a thief or even get a high level martial artist and then reroll to make them a thief or go unarmored and unarmed you could easy. It is standard thief behavior no.
But yes technically a thief could be horrible at theft and be a front line fighter however you are playing them thus as a fighter character without benifit of the nift skills those classes get. I can see no problem with a character wanting access to the market or a few other thiefly abilities and being a fighter type but thier thief skills would likely suffer as they hone their fighting skills. As is the two best fighting groups listed are martial artist and Barbarian and if you remember they get no bonuses to any noncombat skills that i have ever seen or heard of. It is kinda a balanace really to make you either work fighting skills or survival skills/class skills.
I think the highest rank i have in any noncombat skill is 15 in skinning and since i get no bonus i dont see any reason to work at it. When professions open up and we hopefully get profession related bonuses I will likely join one that i enjoy and work them hard. Personally i love to carve stuff but with a 45-60 second rt i wont even waste my time. I mean carve two branches after i get filled on exp and by the time i am done i am empty again that is way wrong. If it was however 15-20 second rt i would carry a backpack full of branches so i could carve between battles and not feel that i would get stuck in rt for the first 45 seconds possibly.
I even hear that at higher levels of carving you can carve magical items. That would be cool but as is untill i get maxed on draconian elders i wont bother wasting my time on non bonus skills that take a minute to use. Howver the 2-3 second sneak time for theifs looting providing up to 50% in both move silently and pick pockets you get a huge way to gain noncombat skills. And that is what i gain now as a level 15 thief with 50 ranks in move silently and pick pockets. When they make harder places i will definatly loot them till i got over 200 or more ranks in those skills but the best skill as far as i see it for a thief is thier disable device and bonuses to open lock skills. I can disable a box in 8 seconds now and will get faster i hear and i gain up to 30 exp per box depending on how empty my though pool is. If mani could be played soley in town and gain levels I would be the first to do so as i feel a thief is at home in the city and his skills reflect that.
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby ALLRIGHT » May 24, 2004 (10:52 pm)

Honestly, I find the majority of the post to be directed at a certain player rather than a guild related response. Thieves have bonus's to things, barbarians have some bonus's to things as well. Just because a barbarian's bonus's are combat related don't mean a thing. Barbarians fight, thats what they do. Every guild has some bonus in a skill that would be helpful to them. As far as sneaking and the rate of progression, that is more than likely because you have a low amount of the move silently skill. When you gain more skill, you will learn less and less and eventually it will dwindle to where you learn nothing at all from looting, pick pocketing, as well as move silently. Furthermore, I don't think Smark said he thought Thieves should be as good as Barbarians when it comes to hunting, I believe his initial complaint was that it was difficult to kill things his own level because he is a thief.
ALLRIGHT
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 25, 2004 (8:50 pm)

All classes (even healers although they can get around it some0 need to be able to hunt to advance. Smark's complaint seems well founded. If you are having trouble you might try finding someone around your level to hunt with that can help deal out some damage (Barbs pop to mind of course) and /or keep you healed, or even both. Not only can you kill em faster you have some company, and with Smark along can pop the boxes right there! :lol:
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby Goharo » May 25, 2004 (8:53 pm)

I dunno. I been dealing this this problem as a thief since I was a rogue. Yet somehow I still manage to level and have fun. I would like to do a bit more damage though.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby SMARK » May 27, 2004 (10:05 pm)

well Exxy ya told me to keep montioring and post so here ya go :D

>heal
You feel completely healthy.

You close to melee range on the Draconian elder.
>
Your skin blisters and hair curls from the incredible heat!
>think hali Baltimus
>
You focus your energy on your thoughts for a moment and project them through your ring.

[Roundtime: 2 seconds]
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to parry but fail as the elder scratches you across your head, just grazing you and leaving a slight sting.
[You feel very healthy, are completely rested, in an excellent position, and are excellently balanced.]
[The elder looks to be in near perfect health.]
>jab
You jab your gold dagger at the elder and land a light hit.
You jab your gold dagger at the elder and miss.
[You feel very healthy, are completely rested, in an excellent position, and are excellently balanced.]
>jab
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to parry but fail as the elder barely breaks through your defense and glances his claws across your head.
...wait 1 second.
>jab
You jab your gold dagger at the elder and land a weak strike.
>jab
You jab your gold dagger at the elder and land a good strike.
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You trip but manage to catch yourself in time to only suffer a nick across your right arm.
[You feel mostly healthy, are completely rested, in an excellent position, and are excellently balanced.]
[You feel mostly healthy, are completely rested, in an excellent position, and are excellently balanced.]
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to parry but fail as the elder barely breaks through your defense and glances his claws across your neck.
>think ya mean once again not so mighty right?
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You trip but manage to catch yourself in time to only suffer a nick across your left arm.
You focus your energy on your thoughts for a moment and project them through your ring.

>jab
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You manage to defend against most of the attack, but the elder breaks through and hits your head anyway.
[You feel slightly weakened, are completely rested, in an excellent position, and are excellently balanced.]
>jab
[You feel slightly weakened, are completely rested, in an excellent position, and are excellently balanced.]
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You wince as his claws abrades your right arm, leaving some angry looking red lesions.
>jab
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
You jab your gold dagger at the elder and land a heavy strike.
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to dodge but fail as the elder barely breaks through your defense and glances his claws across your right hand.
You gain a new rank in Heavy Armor.
[You gain 7 experience points.]
>jab
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You manage to defend against most of the attack, but the elder breaks through and hits your right hand anyway.
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>jab
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You try to parry the blow but his claws grazes your right leg, causing you to panic in alarm until you realize that it was hardly just a scuff.
[You feel weak, are completely rested, in an excellent position, and are excellently balanced.]
[You feel weak, are completely rested, in an excellent position, and are excellently balanced.]
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
You jab your gold dagger at the elder and land a great hit.
[The elder looks to be mildly wounded.]
>jab
>
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to parry but fail as the elder scratches you across your head, just grazing you and leaving a slight sting.
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
You jab your gold dagger at the elder and land an awesome strike.
>jab
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to dodge but fail as the elder scratches you across your chest, just grazing you and leaving a slight sting.
[You feel very weak, are completely rested, in an excellent position, and are excellently balanced.]
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
[You feel very weak, are completely rested, in an excellent position, and are excellently balanced.]
>
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to parry but fail as the elder scratches you across your left hand, just grazing you and leaving a slight sting.
>jab
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You wince as his claws abrades your left hand, leaving some angry looking red lesions.
>jab
[The elder looks to be moderately wounded.]
>jab
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to parry but fail as the elder lightly cuts your left leg, immediately drawing a few drops of blood.
The attack leaves you moderately stunned!
You are still stunned.
>jab
You are still stunned.
>jab
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You wince as his claws abrades your left arm, leaving some angry looking red lesions.
You are still stunned.
>jab
>jab
>jab
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You manage to defend against most of the attack, but the elder breaks through and hits your chest anyway.
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You wince as his claws abrades your left leg, leaving some angry looking red lesions.
[You feel pain with every breath, are completely rested, in an excellent position, and are excellently balanced.]
>jab
[You feel pain with every breath, are completely rested, in an excellent position, and are excellently balanced.]
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to parry but fail as the elder scratches you across your right hand, just grazing you and leaving a slight sting.
>jab
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You wince as his claws abrades your right arm, leaving some angry looking red lesions.
[You like you are close to death, are completely rested, in an excellent position, and are excellently balanced.]
>retre
You retreat from combat.
>l
[Molten Den, Lava Cove]
This area has a small pool of cooling lava bounded up by the glassy rock cove of already solidified igneous stones. A variety of pyrogenic rocks form the structure of this section of cave in shades of black and gray. High overhead, a small opening which must be a fissure from above allows some light to enter between bursts of escaping smoke and sulfur.
Other life here: a Draconian elder.
You also see: a large and glossy black stone bench.
Obvious exits: southwest.
>
The Draconian elder begins to move towards you to engage you in combat.
>sw
You must disengage from combat first.
>
You are close to the Draconian elder, but not within melee range.
>retre
You retreat from combat.

That was the first combat encounter I had. I can't deal enough damage to kill 1 crautre at level.

Dagger: 336 (72%) Dual-Weapon Tactics: 320 (21%)

I tried to go to a more potent weapon dropping down to smaller jungathas
and had similar results Rapier: 210 (30%)

Ability scores: Str: 20 Int: 14 Wis: 14
(natural/real) Sta: 16 Agi: 15 Coo: 15

Is it just me having thses problems? Could I have possibly trained my abiltiy scores incorectly? Any kinda help would be appreciated. And nice work on the shape shift ability. Awesome stuff.

Smark

another thing, I was wearing a ncromancer item and a revival item
SMARK

Postby GDEXXY » May 28, 2004 (11:58 am)

The revival item and the scorching heat in that area cancel each other out.

Also, these creatures are higher level than you. I don't want to give specifics here in case you want your level to be anonymous, but given that there's a random factor from elder to elder, the difference is as high as several levels. Play with warriors or the easier elders for the time being. If you can't easily kill warriors (within a minute or two) with your ranks in dagger, then check to see if your thiefly stance is turned on or something... if not, post again for me.

Thanks!
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby JINXA » May 29, 2004 (5:31 am)

I just want to say a few things here.

First off, I think I was learning in grey jungathas for maybe 6 or 8 when I left. And as a ranger, I had to manuever fast and smart. And back then...well...I'm not going to try and explain what it used to be, it was just completely different. I'm not sure why we don't have critters tailored to each profession, but I don't think it would be a bad idea. Have some that are susceptible to certain professions way of hunting, whether it's brawling moves, or spells. I'd like to see that happen.

Nextly, I see that druids are about to be finally getting their due, and I am so grateful to whoever had put in the time to do this.

Exxy, you've helped in my decision to stay again in Eaxia, you and anyone that has helped with all the work you've all done over the last year. For that I thank you.

Last comment, this wasn't easy for me to come back, not being one of the top rangers anymore, but I still believe (even after three years) that the profession I chose will someday catch up with everyone elses and that we'll get our own due. I don't feel sorry for you Smark, and I'm not saying why I don't. Deal with it, we all have.
JINXA
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby BRUCE » May 29, 2004 (6:20 am)

I don't think if there's something preventing the poor guy from hunting he should have to deal with it. The point of these boards is for us to help fix bugs or think of ways to improve the game, among other things. If there is a real problem with hunting noone should have to just deal with it. IMO
BRUCE
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

sorry but i do agree with Smark on this........aint i'm not

Postby saphyre » May 29, 2004 (10:19 am)

MANIACWILL wrote:well lets see

thieves
good pain tolerance
average physical defense
good combatant

martial artist
good pain tolerance
excellent combatant

barbarians
excellent pain tolerance
excellent combatant

paladins
great pain tolerance
great combatant

rangers
average pain tolerance
average physical defense
good combatant

druids
average pain tolerance
good physical defense
good combatant

necromancer
poor pain tolerance
average physical defense
average combatant
spellcaster

wizard
poor pain tolerance
poor physical defense
average combatant
spellcaster

bards
average pain tolerance
average physical defense
average combatant
spellcaster

get the idea yet smark a thief lives by his wits not his sword your skills are not supposed to be anything combat you are basically way too powerful as thiefs now and you are getting weakened to fit a mold. Or you have agrevated me too many times and i am just annoying you as much as you annoy me. most classes are good at something some are spellcasters some are going to be spellcasters like the rangers and paladins. paladins are all about the armor and defence with good combat skills to help kill stuff rangers and druids are naturalist and will be getting the skills to reflect it a thiefs home is in the CITY and they are designed for it. It is about time you get reminded that a thief isnt a barb or martial artist to go kill stuff helter skelter. Yes they can kill but generally you dont think of a thief as a front line guy or even a supporting spellcaster they are the ones that use stealth to engage in combat why do you think you have backstab anyway. Find out what a thief is read some books on thiefs. If you wanted to be an assassin you could have suggested that guild. Assassins worked with thiiefs and had little thief skill some yes but not alot and was good in combat using speed and agility a thief was the person that stole from people in the city broke in to buildings ect and if the thief needed trouble taken care of they called on the assassins. In some places the fighter thiefs (assassins) had a seperate guild from thiefs.

You have skills that no fighter can have and excell at things no front line fighter should have you just got to learn to use your skills you have better and stop playing like you are the great thief warrior. I dont believe you can be in two guilds at once. Smark you are great at stealing stalking popping boxes I have seen you backstab and kill in one hit a higher level player. You have the skills to play anywhere in the game if you rethink your strategy and play to your characters strengths

Sorry, i have to agree with Smark on this, if he's getting 125 exp for 10 minutes of fighting, it is too low, however , Exxy has problems keeping up with top levels character as far as hunting ground and guild developement. So complaining about this wont do much.

Second, I dont know where you get that info about how powerfull all character class, there are two types of ranger, or druids , or travelers, and they dont withstand the same damage or are as powerful as it seems. Gobbie for example had tons of hitting power, but no defensive power, and Saphyre a monkdruid has no protective power.....however, my hafling thief with his low strenght his suprisingly doing very well in combat.
Class do affect how well you fight, but the building up of the character does too Saphyre
saphyre
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Left for a long time? Dont assume anything. Cause.......

Postby saphyre » May 29, 2004 (10:34 am)

JINXA wrote:I just want to say a few things here.

First off, I think I was learning in grey jungathas for maybe 6 or 8 when I left. And as a ranger, I had to manuever fast and smart. And back then...well...I'm not going to try and explain what it used to be, it was just completely different. I'm not sure why we don't have critters tailored to each profession, but I don't think it would be a bad idea. Have some that are susceptible to certain professions way of hunting, whether it's brawling moves, or spells. I'd like to see that happen.

Nextly, I see that druids are about to be finally getting their due, and I am so grateful to whoever had put in the time to do this.

Exxy, you've helped in my decision to stay again in Eaxia, you and anyone that has helped with all the work you've all done over the last year. For that I thank you.

Last comment, this wasn't easy for me to come back, not being one of the top rangers anymore, but I still believe (even after three years) that the profession I chose will someday catch up with everyone elses and that we'll get our own due. I don't feel sorry for you Smark, and I'm not saying why I don't. Deal with it, we all have.

Eaxia has been going through traumatic changes for a long time. We at time struggle to fight critters that we handled well the week before, than they become so powerful, we all want to kill Exxy, but then they become more manageable again.......Everything is going through drastic change and those Jungantha, I swear, were fed some devious enhancing drugs at one time.... all that in Exxy's effort to balance out the game.....

So when you approach critters after being away so long, just treat them as a new creatures. I think they all drastically changed at one point.

PS: I have two pictures of Exxy at home, one full of darts.......and one with a rack full of beer bottles. Can't assume they're all full though, we do have to celebrates is genius at time.

Saphyre
saphyre
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Sorry to disagree with you again Smark.

Postby saphyre » May 29, 2004 (10:45 am)

SMARK wrote:well Exxy ya told me to keep montioring and post so here ya go :D

>heal
You feel completely healthy.

You close to melee range on the Draconian elder.
>
>think hali Baltimus
>

>
>jab
>jab
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to parry but fail as the elder barely breaks through your defense and glances his claws across your head.
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>jab
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You trip but manage to catch yourself in time to only suffer a nick across your right arm.
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to parry but fail as the elder barely breaks through your defense and glances his claws across your neck.
>think ya mean once again not so mighty right?
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You trip but manage to catch yourself in time to only suffer a nick across your left arm.

>jab
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You manage to defend against most of the attack, but the elder breaks through and hits your head anyway.
>jab
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>jab
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to dodge but fail as the elder barely breaks through your defense and glances his claws across your right hand.
You gain a new rank in Heavy Armor.
[You gain 7 experience points.]
>jab
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You manage to defend against most of the attack, but the elder breaks through and hits your right hand anyway.
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>jab
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You try to parry the blow but his claws grazes your right leg, causing you to panic in alarm until you realize that it was hardly just a scuff.
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>jab
>
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
You jab your gold dagger at the elder and land an awesome strike.
>jab
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to dodge but fail as the elder scratches you across your chest, just grazing you and leaving a slight sting.
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to parry but fail as the elder scratches you across your left hand, just grazing you and leaving a slight sting.
>jab
>jab
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You wince as his claws abrades your left hand, leaving some angry looking red lesions.
>jab
>jab
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to parry but fail as the elder lightly cuts your left leg, immediately drawing a few drops of blood.
The attack leaves you moderately stunned!
You are still stunned.
>jab
You are still stunned.
>jab
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You wince as his claws abrades your left arm, leaving some angry looking red lesions.
You are still stunned.
>jab
>jab
>jab
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You manage to defend against most of the attack, but the elder breaks through and hits your chest anyway.
...wait 1 second.
>jab
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You wince as his claws abrades your left leg, leaving some angry looking red lesions.
>jab
>jab
>
* A Draconian elder rakes his claws at you. You attempt to parry but fail as the elder scratches you across your right hand, just grazing you and leaving a slight sting.
>jab
>jab
>
[You like you are close to death, are completely rested, in an excellent position, and are excellently balanced.]
>retre
You retreat from combat.
>l
[Molten Den, Lava Cove]
This area has a small pool of cooling lava bounded up by the glassy rock cove of already solidified igneous stones. A variety of pyrogenic rocks form the structure of this section of cave in shades of black and gray. High overhead, a small opening which must be a fissure from above allows some light to enter between bursts of escaping smoke and sulfur.
Other life here: a Draconian elder.
You also see: a large and glossy black stone bench.
Obvious exits: southwest.
>
The Draconian elder begins to move towards you to engage you in combat.
>sw
You must disengage from combat first.
>
You are close to the Draconian elder, but not within melee range.
>retre
You retreat from combat.

That was the first combat encounter I had. I can't deal enough damage to kill 1 crautre at level.

Dagger: 336 (72%) Dual-Weapon Tactics: 320 (21%)

I tried to go to a more potent weapon dropping down to smaller jungathas
and had similar results Rapier: 210 (30%)

Ability scores: Str: 20 Int: 14 Wis: 14
(natural/real) Sta: 16 Agi: 15 Coo: 15

Is it just me having thses problems? Could I have possibly trained my abiltiy scores incorectly? Any kinda help would be appreciated. And nice work on the shape shift ability. Awesome stuff.

Smark

another thing, I was wearing a ncromancer item and a revival item

It is true that other class have all the ability that a thief has to some degree. But you do have to take in account the amount of time a skill can be learn for another guild. My hafling thief can open any boxes in the realm, and he could do it at level 8th, how many other character class can perform that feat. if someone from another class needs a month to learn the skill a thief can learn in half a week, let them do.. It brings out flavor to the game. As new skills and power come out in the game, you might be very happy to be able to learn stuff that does not belong to your natural guild. If we keep stuff just for thief, or just for monk or so on, all class will be stereotype, all thieves will be alike, I dont want that to happen to eaxia.

Saphyre
saphyre
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » May 29, 2004 (11:37 am)

actually The combat abilities can be found here

http://www.role-players.com/Eaxia/library/classes/

simply click on the guild you want to know about and you can get the general idea of how strong a fighter the guild is along with general information on skills spellcasting potential excetra. is updated periodically
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » May 29, 2004 (1:47 pm)

and will and bruse tend to develope all combat skills. I personally would prefer to have dodge, martial arts, outnumbered defence, parry, block, dagger, unarmed combat, light crossbow, ect maxed then go just maxed offence weak defence. I spend my last three to four levels insuring maxed skills before moving on and to keep the edge i have attained through training. I honestly feel anyone that wants the edge should do the same
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby BRUCE » May 29, 2004 (1:53 pm)

I maxed defense on every critter but jungatha's before moving on actually. No point in maxing defense in jungatha as far as i can see, mottled jungatha's are still more dangerous than warriors or elders to me. I don't know why, but those things never miss me, ever. I was going to stay in there to top out defenses but the mottleds kept eating my alive no matter what i tried.

I think they may have to be reassessed difficulty wise, they are easily one of the hardest critters in the game but they are worth a good bit less exp than the grey's and russets.

Erm, I just rambled and lost my self in why im posting, hmmm ::wanders off::

-bruse, more scared of mottled jungatha than skull kings.
BRUCE
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Return to General