Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

ISP outage for 5/26/2004

Announcements from the staff.

ISP outage for 5/26/2004

Postby GDEXXY » May 26, 2004 (4:19 pm)

We are currently experiencing an ISP outage. Our internet service provider, RoadRunner Communications, is experiencing technical difficulties in our area and a technician has been dispatched.

Our websites, games, and other internet-based services became unavailable at 5:06 PM EST. I spoke with a Mr. Tod Clark, the senior manager over in RoadRunner tech support for the area and he dispatched someone to handle it A.S.A.P. I also spoke with him at great lengths about the frequent daily outages (lasting for a few minutes to 15 minutes sometimes) ans well as the entire history of outages we've had and so we may be arranging for some maintenance if the problems continue.

As I spoke with him, someone hand-delivered him a notice that there are at least a hundred users without internet service in this area, so the problem is not with just us, for once, unfortunately it also means the outage will not just last a few more minutes, but possibly up to an hour or longer.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of this outage, we have no access to the internet and can therefore not notify you, our players (this forum only loads up locally at the server right now), so this message is really only for the benefit of "finding out what happened" once we do return online.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GDEXXY » May 26, 2004 (7:39 pm)

Our service was restored at 8:03 PM EST, totaling 177 minutes for this outage. Sorry again for the outage everyone. I know it's out of our control, but that doesn't mean you should suffer.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to Announcements