Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

about stun?

about stun?

Postby saphyre » May 24, 2004 (9:50 pm)

I dont wanna see anything about stun coming from monster before certain things are fixed. The spell entangle doesnt work. It takes longer to cast the spell than the effects it does.
Druid-monk right now are atrocious, its' the only class that get atrociously worst from a top monk to the upper druid guild. That wisdom protection that we were getting as a monk, is replaced by what? Nothing, except an entangle spell that doesnt do anything.
Even stunning fist effect is dismal compare to the amount of time required to get it going. No stun last long enough to be able to kill another creature in meantime. Now, we're risking to be stun as the same time that we may get a bleeder. Please, fix the good stuff before implementing the nasty one.
I wont cry for the stun in combat once we get the stuff we're should have for our guild.
Sorry, getting a bit impatient and frustrated over abilities that were promised around the reallocation time. Saphyre
saphyre
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby BRUCE » May 24, 2004 (11:01 pm)

I like stuns, although it seems pretty unbelievably common for somethin thats sposed to only happen when ya lose 20+% of your life in one hit.

Also, are we able to stun critters in the same way?
BRUCE
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » May 26, 2004 (1:05 pm)

the funny thing is an odd goblin strike that leaves you completely healthy can stun you. NOT complaining as it would be cool to be able to return the stun on creatures. First hit or two probably wont but going from moderate to severe or near death should stun them so they cant retreat from us anyway
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby ASTRID » May 26, 2004 (2:27 pm)

"I like stuns, although it seems pretty unbelievably common for somethin thats sposed to only happen when ya lose 20+% of your life in one hit."

In the news it says "Also, you may randomly be stunned for any attack, even for low amounts of damage, but the chances start off low and get even lower the higher in level you are."

Stuns aren't meant to happen only with those 20+% hits, just a much greater chance of it happening then.

I've only been stunned once since it went live, so it seems reasonable to me. I tend to keep myself completely rested and as well balanced as I can be. Other than that, I can't think of anything special I have going for me in combat, so maybe that's why I'm not getting stunned much.

I'd like to see entangle last longer too, or have a shorter roundtime, but for me it seems to be going a little better than what you're experiencing. I can usually get 2 to 4 hits on a critter before he breaks free. That's not time enough to kill them, but I can normally get them weakened enough that I kill them before they kill me, and if I need to I can retreat and prep it again. It's not much help against multiple critters, though, so I only use it in those tough one-on-one fights.
ASTRID
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » May 26, 2004 (4:21 pm)

MANIACWILL wrote:the funny thing is an odd goblin strike that leaves you completely healthy can stun you.

They can't anymore. It has to take away a good chunk of health to even have a chance now. NEWS has been changed to reflect this.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby BRUCE » May 27, 2004 (1:10 am)

Ah didn't notice the random chance thing. I get stunned a ton but it's not a big deal. Should there be more of a defensive penalty when stunned? It seems almost like an extended roundtime right now.
BRUCE
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby ellisj » Jun 4, 2004 (3:37 pm)

i don't remember the post i seen it in, but rest mode does not work to keep ya in game
bose
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby HRTKIRO » Jun 5, 2004 (4:11 pm)

i don't remember the post i seen it in, but rest mode does not work to keep ya in game

I just used it to do so. ;)

Can't imagine why Exxy would exclude 'exp' from counting as an 'action' in idle-checking terms.

-Chris
HRTKIRO
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Jun 5, 2004 (7:31 pm)

I have used rest modes many times when I have to let the dog out or something after I get my self hidden away in a safe spot. Once in a while the timer still manages to boot me still but usually it works fine. :)
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Jun 6, 2004 (12:11 am)

ESTHERAS wrote:Can't imagine why Exxy would exclude 'exp' from counting as an 'action' in idle-checking terms.

I didn't. The server takes any new command in the queue and resets the idle timer any time it seels that. If it's speech, an emote/social, a combat command, even text that's not recognized ("I don't understand."), it'll still reset the idle timer. Maybe there's some other bug somewhere, but none of the commands are exempt from reseting the idle timer.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby MANIACWILL » Jun 6, 2004 (9:59 am)

I often use exp to reset the idle command. It might be a limited problem like some of the others. I have noticed certain people have certain problems and others dont. I Would imagine universal problems but Often I will see a game bug effecting a few people while others are fine. It definately makes for some unique situations though
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Return to Future Changes