Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

a couple things

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

a couple things

Postby SMARK » May 20, 2004 (2:43 pm)

Did combat get tweaked a lil? My roundtimes went up. And are there guild titles after 50? Thanks.

Smark
SMARK
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » May 20, 2004 (3:43 pm)

not only did alot of my rt's go up but i also get alot more misses than i did a week ago
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby SMARK » May 20, 2004 (4:47 pm)

this just happened today after I advanced. changed from late last night to this morning.

Smark
SMARK

Postby GDEXXY » May 20, 2004 (8:38 pm)

Attack rating, creature defense, and everything in between has NOT been changed (not even slightly). Round time checking on weapons was the only thing that got a change -- because we feel that 1 second is far too low for any weapon and especially too low for dual-wielding longswords, which will probably be looked at again.

That said, combat itself will become more challenging. If it's too hard at certain levels with sufficient skill, etc., please let me know and I'll look into it right away, but I'm not going to let everyone be tazmanian devils with their weapons. ;)
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 20, 2004 (10:33 pm)

Hmm Groo the Barb had a 4 second rate with two longsword as it was- will have to see where it is now. Not sure what kind would have been giving one second rate but agree that was wrong- I have one titanium one and the other is the changable mithril weapon from Zak's quest that was giving 4- long as it didn't triple or something
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby BRUCE » May 20, 2004 (11:02 pm)

Entering Jungatha at 45 was really tough, i ended up going back to stone giants(where i had capped defenses as high as they'd teach) and learning 18-20 exp a kill for a level. There actually seems to be two types of jungatha, the merauding eat your soul type that teach me around 280 exp, and the lovable ones that teach more like 80, and don't tear my limbs off in one hit. Specifically the harder ones are incredibly hard at 45 where giants stink for teaching but there's nothin else in that range to hunt.
BRUCE
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby SORROWOFLEGENDS » May 20, 2004 (11:04 pm)

Well, as far as the RT with two weapons goes I see the point, but I guess I just don't understand why my RT got heightened when I use just one little battleaxe to an outrageous 4 RT, I guess I'll just wait and see what happens so that I understand it better
SORROWOFLEGENDS
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby BRUCE » May 21, 2004 (12:19 am)

4 rt on a battleaxe doesn't seem that high really. Depending on your strength of course. Maybe i was corrupted by Dragonrealms, but 4rt on any heavy weapon is pretty darned low. If ya have like 24 strength 4 sounds good, and should be near or at the minimum RT possible on a big weapon like that.
BRUCE
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby SMARK » May 21, 2004 (1:37 am)

Bruce,

The jungatha come in 4 flavors in the main part of the jungle. Easiest to hardest; marbled, striped, spotted, and mottled. The mottled are the one that give the real sweet exp. Now down the path into the small jungle you will find again easiset to hardest; mottled, russet and grey. The kicker here is that the greys teach higher the mottleds actualy always seemed tougher to me. Enjoy your time with the kitties.

Smark
SMARK

Postby ellisj » May 21, 2004 (11:52 am)

Oh Come on now!
3 second rt for a dagger?
7 second rt for a scythe?
that's just wrong and fowl. went from 1 to 3 seconds on the daggers, and i don't know about the scythe. but 7 seconds? eesh
Bose
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby ellisj » May 21, 2004 (12:01 pm)

and another thing, come on now...we got people around that been here like a month or two and are already at level 50 or more, don't ya think that's a little fast or somethin? people are outgrowing the game as fast as or faster then you can make new stuff the game can't hardly keep up with the advancement speeds of the players, what happens when everyone gets to level 100 in 4 or 5 months? then what is there to do??
Bose
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » May 21, 2004 (1:48 pm)

those people are leveling period and putting in 5-10 hours a day seven days a week if you did nothing but fight for that long for a month you would put in more combat hours than alot of people do in a year so no it isnt wrong or unfair it is just that they really want those levels. Although I can see if you put in 10 hours a day seven days a week for 1 year that it is totally unfair i just know alot of people dont have that kind of dedicaton i know will has put in over 120 combat hours and is only level 36 when martial artist get noncombat bonuses to something i will do something else as is they only know combat so i play them such
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 21, 2004 (2:12 pm)

Actually I know for a fact Bo has put in 10 times that much timein the past if not more to get to the same level, as have a couple of mine. The point is it wasn't possible before the recent changes- I realize as someone new you may not understand that but some of us have been here for some time and are seeing folks joining the top levels in a month or so, while those that have been here for at least a couple years if not more are being bypassed. Part of that is we just finally got a critter to hunt to take us higher - but regardless it used to take a couple month hard coring it to make 20th. It's not just a matter of wanting it more- its become a huge amount easier to advance- I can move up way easier now myself- Now if I can figure out how to play all 14 character 50 hours a week ! :shock:

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby SMARK » May 21, 2004 (6:37 pm)

I posted more info in the combat folder if interested

Smark
SMARK

Postby BRUCE » May 21, 2004 (7:08 pm)

I thought Exxy posted somewhere saying it took more exp per level now. I don't really know either way.

I made 12th in beta right around the time giants were released in like 2 days. It didn't seem any slower then. The old people got shafted because they had to wait for creatures to be released, i don't know that the actual exp came in any slower back then. Everyone thats making 50th in two weeks is going to hit the same wall you guys did, sooner or later. You've just been around longer and are most likely more well-rounded.

Then maybe i'm wrong, does anyone know the amounts of exp it took to level back then? Also the amounts of exp critters gaveya at certain levels, to see if it was the same then as now.
BRUCE
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby ALLRIGHT » May 22, 2004 (1:43 pm)

I had a post on here about leveling being a whole lot easier now than it was before the changes. Before to go from level 67-68 it took either 68000 exp or 69000 exp, cant remember exact, but it was level based, took 21000 to 21 and etc. Now when it takes less than 20,000 it has nothing to do with wanting levels more, before it wasnt possible to get to level 50 in a month, even with 24/7 game play. Now you can get there in a month. But theres a post somewhere else on here talking about that.
ALLRIGHT
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » May 22, 2004 (2:36 pm)

my main problem with leveling is simple but hard to remendy i need about 30 intelligence and wisdom to absorb even half the experience i earn. i am well below 20 so if i hunt for five minutes i gain 15 exp from a 110 point stone giant. i need a skill i can easily work and make money. I really cant wait for professions to be released
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 22, 2004 (3:02 pm)

The idea behind needing to absorb experiance was to promote roleplay as opposed to spending all the times just going out killing things.
So now you go out and hunt until you are pretty much filled up then either spend some time working on a skill that requires a little time and effort. :shock: Then you can try things like gemcutting, carving or alchemy or do a little roleplaying with the others, or spend some time at the infamous card tables in Trevari's retreat. Or explore, spend time with a friend, plot on how to take over the world, relax in the hot tub in D'Mare, take the boat to the north pole like Gorm, Trenmarc and Datymin did.
There are many things to be found in Eaxia if you explore a bit, and don't need a frag to get to a lot of em. :D

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » May 23, 2004 (12:14 pm)

I like the ideas Grovenburger however I feel if we was intended to do noncombat skills we would gain a bonus to them. This will change supposedly when professions are released so i am excited about that. However I would rather kill the giants and get 15 out of 100 exp and gain combat skills and treasure without waiting a mnute like it is between branches than use a skill i am not profecient with and have no idea if i will ever need to use let alone want to. Granted i like carving branches because i hear that at higher levels you can carve magical stuff also. However with the extremely long rts it isnt worth my time really. If it was reduced to 15-20 seconds Then i would spend alot more time doing it. The same goes for gem carving and a few other skills that personally i just dont see the time with such a long rt to even bother with. Proffessions will change this hopefully and i will have reasons to use those skills the professions allow and i really cant wait for those skill boosts. But since it is currently a furture thing My best recourse is to sludge though skills and just make massives amounts of money
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » May 23, 2004 (12:21 pm)

as far as roleplaying people like smark seriously ruined that for me. I get along with a few people like chandra jinxa and a few others and spend some time between levels and loads of treasure doing stuff with them and i enjoy the player auctions and carvivals and like to do them however they are rare so i dont have alot of time i need to spend in them. If the older players like smark werent always targetting younger players with things that they know annoy them like the issue exxy recently resolved i wouldnt have to constantly need to bring staff into problems and maybe i could get down to enjoying things and not trying to avoid people so i avoid problems. Sooner or later The issue will recieve finality and then I can on to general roleplaying. That or all my characters will reach the highest level in skills and i think the max characters you can have normally is 16 now so maybe one character for each guild. What is the highest level normally 71 so a few months of hard work for each character but in the mean time proffessions will be released and it will be worthwhile to take part in it then i can go on to bigger things like making armor brewing stuff like that.
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 23, 2004 (1:09 pm)

Pure and Simple - You will need to train your skills to be able to join certain professions. I use the trade skill training to absorb so I get the full experiance from my kills.
By the way you are mistaken about there not being bonuses already towards trade skills- both racial bonuses (slight ones I'll admit) and in a couple case guild bonuses help towards learning certain skills. Also some magic items enhance certain trade skills also.

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » May 23, 2004 (1:12 pm)

ok i am a troll martial artist i would be interested in finding out what trade skills i gain a bonus in
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 23, 2004 (1:24 pm)

Type skills to get your full list then do the same skill bonusless and any differances are race bonuses. I'm not sure if anything you have never trained will show something however, until you actually start on it.

As far as Martial Artist trade skills I have no clue yet, I been working a couple of my others more than my Monk.

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » May 24, 2004 (1:46 pm)

Honestly as far as professions go i am condering either armor or weapon smith unfortunatly they really have to real way to work them so untill i find a special skill i need for them it will be see what comes out and adjust to fit
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Return to General