Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Using Crossbows at melee

Notice a problem in the game? Suspect a system not working the way it was intended? Report it here or e-mail us at bugs@eaxia.com. Typos can also be reported at typos@eaxia.com.

If you're unsure whether or not something is a bug or not, post an example of the problem here and we'll investigate it.

Using Crossbows at melee

Postby HANAFAE » May 16, 2004 (2:22 pm)

I've noticed I'm only learning 1% with my light crossbow at melee, and thats with critters of my level....could it be buggy?
HANAFAE
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby HANAFAE » May 16, 2004 (2:27 pm)

I've noticed I'm only learning 1% with my light crossbow at melee, and thats with critters of my level....could it be buggy?

And just to clarify, I mean buggy with the skill itself, not my crossbow ::grins::
HANAFAE
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby Guest » May 17, 2004 (8:10 am)

And just to clarify, I mean buggy with the skill itself, not my crossbow ::grins::[/quote]

Crossbows at melee

Postby Guest » May 20, 2004 (4:35 pm)

hmmm..ok so no response. I don't post often, so this is a wee bit discouraging..but I will try again!

Anyone else out there use a light crossbow and notice the 1%?

Postby trenmarc-eaxia » May 20, 2004 (4:43 pm)

One percent seems to be standard for most weapon skills cuase you use them so often
trenmarc-eaxia
Veteran Forums Adventurer
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » May 20, 2004 (8:39 pm)

Give us a little time -- there's only one of us (me) on staff qualified to answer this question.

It seems that all ranged weapons are doing this. Not sure why, but it's being looked into. Trenmarc, are you saying that low-level weapons of any kind are doing this ... or ... do you just mean because your skill in your weapons are high (so further development is thus slow)?
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 20, 2004 (10:45 pm)

2% max is all I see in weapons per - usually 1% most of the time for any weapon. Of course if I'm getting close to maxing out skill level of the creature sometimes it takes as much as 3 hits to get 1% (usually 2 though).

Daty was getting a pretty solid 2% per shot in young giants tonight though with longbow but that skill under 100 so getting a bit more.
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 20, 2004 (10:48 pm)

The one exception to that is unarmed combat. It teaches 2-3% when fighting creature of my skill level with Chou, although has slowed down at the moment because am at tail end of ghouls skill wise

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby HANAFAE » May 21, 2004 (12:21 pm)

Thanks for the responses, now I know I just need to be a little more patient next time ::hums::

My 1% is the max Im seeing, and Ive only 7 lessons.
HANAFAE
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 21, 2004 (12:43 pm)

I'm not absolutely certain if it affects learning rate but your class affects swing rates because martial weapon ability only given to fighter types, clerics and mages only know simple weapons and travelers are also limited to smaller weapons- so there might be a slight bonus involved towards experiance like Wilderness Lore has for rangers and druids. :idea: Perhaps someone could shed some light on that?

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » May 21, 2004 (1:39 pm)

i have noticed that with any character if you r skill is lower than 10 less than max an a critter you learn 3-4% each strike 5-10 it is 1-2 and 0-5 of max is only 1% per hit and that is with weapons you are proficient with (unarmed for martial artist/rapiers for thief) if you are not proficient (greatsword for a mage) it is alot worse you may want to make sure you are proficient with the weapon. However I would like to see doubled learning rate for dual wielding. If you use a dagger and rapier you learn both but two daggers teaches like one? wierd
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 21, 2004 (1:52 pm)

Two of the same has always and still is teaching me faster then one, but since the boosts still are rather small you may not notice it over the short haul- but try and fight 10 battles each way and you should see a bit of differance. :D Then again Vladim fights with a board with a nail sticking outta it and a dull spoon :shock:

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Return to Bugs