Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Walkthrough?

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Walkthrough?

Postby MANIACWILL » May 3, 2004 (4:38 pm)

I was wondering if it would be possible to make some sort of a walkthrough of what varius skills do. It actually took me a week to learn what martial arts did and it is a basic skill. Also I love how a monk/martial artest gets huge amounts of skills some need to be worked on as they dont currently do anything and as i am level 18 currently i am talking specifically about deflect arrows (sounds really really cool) and expertise which i think is supposed to give a huge bonus to hand to hand combat for monks/martial artest do to them not using any weapons and there for there is no weapon skill bonuses for it like say for a greataxe for a fighter. I did notice that if you spend about 30-40 hours just bulding up defensive skills you can face creatures way above you and kill them however your offensive skills kinda lack. one question is there anyway to make it so a monk can actually damage a specter. No weapon No magical fist everything you got just passes right through them and since you dont learn the chi blade till level 20-22 you should already have gone to and past them by the time you can hit them. long hours leveling on ghouls. Anyway I know a walkthrough of what skills a given class does with a brief description wpuld be great and would really help plan out characters. Thanks for leting me rant kinda hard formulating my thoughts today
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GDAREMENTA » May 11, 2004 (1:43 pm)

The Class skills and Trade skills can be found in the Official Game Library at http://www.role-players.com/Eaxia/library/skills/
The Combat skills aren't listed there, though.

Maybe this will help some? :) I guess the rest of the info you're seeking is something that'd be great content for anyone who wants to put together a new player website. I don't think I've ever really seen anything in that much detail out there, lately.
~Arementa
Area Development Manager
GDAREMENTA
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby ARMANTHISAMON » May 11, 2004 (8:46 pm)

I have actually been trying to get a halfway decent reference sheet for perhaps the first ten or so levels to help the newer players in their beginning of this game. Odd thing is, my web builder is something I don't tend to use much anymore, and my mind is mush from the past couple weeks of work I trudged through. Give me the holiday season back pleeeeease! heh.

Anyways, I have a rough list of the monster progression, as well as what non-combative skills I can recall and how to go about in progressing in them step by step.

Now keep in mind here.. when it is published, this will only go to somewhere between level 10-15. After that, the player should have enough of a grasp of what he or she wishes to do with that particular character.

And if not.. no need to worry. That's the lovely bliss of website updates *grins*
- Rich -

- A rule of the Knight is not only to know when to engage in a confrontation, but also when to step back from one, regardless of the odds [Delman Panthas - Story of Hematite] -

- Me's go makes new friends!!!! [Mezr Madclaw - Pirate Dungeons] -
ARMANTHISAMON
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » May 11, 2004 (10:01 pm)

I think it is a great idea and if you ask around you can probably get a comprehensive leveling guide from different people that details the first 20 levels and describes what carreer paths do from that point. Like an idea of why you might choose a ranger or healer guild after those 20 first levels. I bet some of the higher level characters and older players might give some skill and ability information for the higher guilds to. Dont count on much from thieves as i hear even though the location of the guild is not a secret the locations and skills that they recieve are quite secret. everyone else should be able to help
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby ARMANTHISAMON » May 15, 2004 (2:27 am)

Well, as much as I would like to just ask what they are... what I'm really trying to do is get a basic thing put together for the first-tier guilds only. Trying to get all the current info on the second-tier guilds would require either converting to a 92-hour day *grin* or a dozen or so people to sell their souls to the game to attain it. Each chart would have the level, along with title/spell/ability where applicable to the given level. Like with level 3 cleric (3/Brother/Magic Weapon). *nodnodnod* It's a good starting guide that I want to get put together and linked to the main Eaxia site when it's done.

The classes I'll be putting in are Cleric, Fighter, Monk, Traveller and Mage.

The monster progression chart will also be in place, but I'd need lots of help on trying to figure out anything beyond the ogres. That, and the monsters in the abandoned mines are kinda unknown to me on a ranking basis... I seem to remember them being around the same experience as pirates and buccaneers. I'll do the mines instead of the maze instead with my new cleric in the advancement process.

Anyone with information on the upcoming site are more than welcome to post the ideas and information here, or email me at rbaerwale@tampabay.rr.com, and it'll get added with much appreciation, brotherly love, and credit acclaim on the credits page *firm nod*
ARMANTHISAMON
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 15, 2004 (2:43 am)

Zeena and I are updating her sight to absorb all of this last years changes, even if only a little at a time, but we are making progress. :)
In the meantime if something looks a bit skewed there then we are working on it or we might have missed it (been a ton of changes) so feel free to contact either of us about anything you see that looks wrong and we'll try to take care of it- suggestions / ideas :idea: are also welcome of course!
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » May 15, 2004 (7:47 am)

Let's see what I can do to help you out...

Main page:

Mispelled "backgrounds" as "Bacckgrounds".

Information page:

Stats and what they do!
STRENGTH - is fairly self explanatory, the stronger you are the harder you hit and more you can carry.
ENDURANCE - is your stamina, how long you can do things, and also helps ease burden.
INTELLIGENCE - the more intelligence, the more training points your pool has .
DEXTERITY - quickness of movement and evasion, also very useful for Monks and Rogues.
WISDOM - affects Monks Armor Rating and Cleric and Druid spells.
COORDINATION - Factor in Combat .

We've never had an ENDURANCE stat. All of our stats are listed at www.eaxia.com/library/as (as = ability scores)

Your link to handfastings is broken. Use www.eaxia.com/special/handfastingandweddings.php instead. It's old and outdated, but better than a broken link.

Looks like the stats are mislabeled everywhere... I'll give you some more tips when the site has had more work done. :)
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 15, 2004 (9:35 am)

:oops: I know where that Endurance part came from - thought I'd fixed that.

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 15, 2004 (10:48 am)

Okay Those are all fixed -Only 283 more things to do on it now :shock:
give or take!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Return to General