Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Ditching most of the half races...

Cast your vote!

How do you feel about us removing most of the half-races?

Poll ended at May 27, 2004 (2:18 pm)

Go for it! I never saw the point of all of them anyway and it clutters things up.
31%
Sure. Sounds like it'll do some good to toss them out and it's no skin off my back, especially if it's not going to affect most of my friends.
15%
I'm not sure. If enough of the other players support the idea, I'll go along with it, but I don't want to cut off anyone who plays these races.
19%
Keep them, if it's all the same to you. They add variety to the game and if even a few people use them, that's reason enough to keep them.
8%
Please don't remove them. I like having those races available and don't want to see them go!
12%
I play one of these races and am strongly opposed to seeing them removed!
15%

Total votes : 26

Ditching most of the half races...

Postby GDEXXY » May 13, 2004 (2:18 pm)

We're thinking of removing the following half races permanently from Eaxia Online:
  • Half-Goblin
  • Half-Troll
  • Half-Dwarf
  • Half-Ogre
  • Half-Drago
  • Half-Gnome
  • Half-Minotaur
  • Half-Avian
  • Half-Rurowli
This list does not include Half-Elves or Halflings, but basically all the other half races, leaving the following list:
  • Human
  • Elf
  • Goblin
  • Troll
  • Dwarf
  • Ogre
  • Drago
  • Gnome
  • Minotaur
  • Avian
  • Rurowli
  • Halfling
  • Half-Elf
We want to do this to (a) give special focus to other playable races (it's far easier to maintain code for and write abilities, features, verbs, etc. for a smaller list), (b) make character selection easier for new characters, and (c) because hardly no one even uses them.

Over the past week, of every single character that's been logged in, 2 half-dwarves and 2 half-rurowli have logged in (combined, less than 2% of the 210 characters who have played in the last week). The other 206 characters play other races.

We want to know how you feel about this proposal!

IMPORTANT: if you play any half-race character besides Halfling or Half-Elf, please write a reply here in this thread (or privately to GD-ExXX@XXXXX.XXX if you don't want to publicly reply) whether or not you support the proposal. The idea of removing these races are far more sensitive to you and I especially want to hear how you feel.
Last edited by GDEXXY on May 13, 2004 (2:50 pm), edited 3 times in total.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby ASTRID » May 13, 2004 (2:30 pm)

I hope they get to stick around. I don't play one currently, but I'm expecting that in the future I'll going to be wanting to branch out a bit and try some other guilds, and I've had my eye on one or two of the half races. If they must go, I'll go with what's available, but I'd sure like to see them stay.

I also like the variety of all the races as they are. It give us a much greater opportunity to be unique.
Last edited by ASTRID on May 13, 2004 (4:09 pm), edited 2 times in total.
ASTRID
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby BRUCE » May 13, 2004 (2:42 pm)

I'm fine with deleting them, i never see any around and now i know why, noone even plays them.
BRUCE
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » May 13, 2004 (2:43 pm)

Apparently there were some half-elfs and halflings that were thinking they were going to remove them as well Hope they get to read the aritcle better in the future so that they dont panic.
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby CARIMEI » May 13, 2004 (3:11 pm)

Even though I have only been a sometimes player I find having the half races like that a good medium between having some strong stats/Strong weaknesses just for the appearance of a certain race, for instance I like the wings of the avian, but dislike the strong stamina/strength negative, or the catish appearance of the Rurowli but dislike not having a full mane being a female.
CARIMEI
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby SMARK » May 13, 2004 (3:44 pm)

well If ya get rid of em that might make me lose my half-troll envy. I woulda been a hal-race if i wouldn't have rushed right in. I think it's neat.

Smark
SMARK
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby GDAUTUMN » May 13, 2004 (4:10 pm)

Fry them all!

*starts up the big bonfire.*
GameDirector Autumn,
Exxy's do-everything girl.
GDAUTUMN
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 13, 2004 (9:31 pm)

My Mage is half Ogre and even has had something altered to fit that- if forced to become full ogre he will be pretty much unplayable due to the race characteristics messing him up. He is planning to become a scholar in fact and i'll be quite unhappy to see all my time invested in him wasted for certain!
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby ANTIHEROIC » May 24, 2004 (2:16 pm)

I say get rid of some of them but leave others. Half-minotaur doesn't make much sense to me. I could also see getting rid of the half-avians, half-rurowli, and half-drago. The rest, I like. My first character here long ago was a half-ogre, and I enjoyed playing him as such greatly.
ANTIHEROIC

Postby GDEXXY » May 24, 2004 (2:38 pm)

Please post in the revised poll.

Thank you!
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to Polls