Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

seperation of skills and specialization of skills for guilds

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

seperation of skills and specialization of skills for guilds

Postby MANIACWILL » May 10, 2004 (4:35 pm)

I am trying to find out what people think of seperating certain skills to specific guilds. As is almost any character can learn almost any skill to a good level and i want to limit some guilds to certain guilds. I am not saying make it so that only say a ranger can forage or a thief can steal but make it so that if you do would not have access to this skill in the higher levels in real life you would not be able to train beyond a certain point but if you say were a thief you can learn not only way faster with exp boost but say a not theif can learn 20 ranks of stealing which is about the highest any nonthief would realisticly be able to aquire a thief gets there alot faster and goes up to a level based on where they could normally get or be able to. This would effect certain skills within all guilds say a healer can get make tending of wounds where someone like a fighter would only be able to bet 20. this wouldnt mean you couldnt to a skill but that as a fighter you spend to be working weapon skills forging weapons and armor and fighting you would naturally be able to aquire as high of a level of healing or stealing as a person that spends quite a bit of their time to do this as a healer does with tending and healing wounds or a thief does with picking your pockets. This makes other classes needed as you cant have 200 skills in alot of different fields and makes it so that people will want to play different classes to provide the diversity to the realms please post any ideas or comments on this as i would personally like to hear them and see how you feel about this kind of stuf
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby trenmarc-eaxia » May 10, 2004 (5:57 pm)

Ill keep it short seperation of skills by guilds is a bad idea... you should be able to play with what ever abilities you want
Tren
trenmarc-eaxia
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » May 10, 2004 (6:13 pm)

Trenmarc this is currently the problem with that
A. If everyone can do everything then why have different guilds.
B. This game is supposed to make people interact as a community this doesnt happen if you dont need someone for something.
C. One of the reasons they are planning the Proffesions systems is to make it so that people do have to spend time together and interact in that if you want some of the better items in the game you must interact.
D. This makes guilds bounderies more obvious and makes you think ahead on what you really want to be able to do. This will make roleplaying more necessary
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby trenmarc-eaxia » May 10, 2004 (6:42 pm)

**A. If everyone can do everything then why have different guilds. **

Thats where the guild abilities, spells, and such come in these are the specialize things.
trenmarc-eaxia

Postby GROVENBURGER » May 10, 2004 (9:10 pm)

Some of the skills take a ton of work and time to achieve though, and some folks have already spent the time on learning healing for one, and gemcutting (that rogues are somewhat better at) takes a ton of time to learn. Rangers and Druids already learn Wilderness lore faster- that makes it easier for them to learn the skill lore - but a good fighter that likes the outdoors could learn just as well- but it takes them a lot more work.
I believe with Professions there will be several new skills that might work more towards what you are talking about though- besides by posting here you put the idea in the air at least. I've considered this before too and see where you're coming from but I've seen Jack of all trades and guys and gals that are expert at skills you wouldn't expect. If you put the effort in it I think you should be able to learn it- it's still harder for non guild members to learn certain skills anyways, but some things might need a second look. What's everyone else think? (Steps off the podium :twisted: )
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby ASTRID » May 11, 2004 (6:55 am)

my 2 cents...

I don't see any need for any changes like that. As was already pointed out, it's already easier for some guilds to train certain skills than others. And folks hafta have hobbies. If my Druid could only do Druid things, it would just be too boring to play.

And I'm not sure anyone ever means to force people to interact. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking we all get to choose how much interaction we have with other players. Some folks are loners by nature, and like to be self-sufficient. Personally, I cringe at the thought of asking anyone for a favor. I avoid it in real life, and I'm darn sure not going to play a game where I have to do something that uncomfortable for me. Any character I ever play will always strive to be as independant as possible, and if this costs me some goodies I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. If you need to feel like there's an incentive for interaction, there it is: the more you network, the more stuff comes your way.

Astrid
ASTRID
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby Goharo » May 11, 2004 (9:09 pm)

and if i go get really good at healing a healer can still tend better free choice to work what we wana work i say
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Return to General