Little Mad

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Little Mad

Postby Goharo » Apr 14, 2004 (10:11 am)

Shunned [racial trait]
Generally unwelcome in civilized society, and having a certain smell
and color, goblins stick out in a crowd like a sore thumb and are
often eyed carefully by untrusting eyes. This unwelcome attention
puts Goblins at a disadvantage when trying to lie low or steal.

That being said. Only reason I didnt post about this before is cause I wanted to give it a chance and see how it worked out. I rather dislike this and my other racial trait, and i really dislike how they just appear outta no where. This really makes being a goblin theif rather pointless. I get caught stealing from people with zero in any skill that would catch me. And not on my like third grab i am being caught red handed first time. I dunno what if anything can be done about this but this really sucks cause I was a goblin a long time before this crap just poped up one day.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby JAYMO » Apr 17, 2004 (11:03 am)

This poor guy gets caught in my pockets and I have no spot skill at all and 0 (1%) in Listen. AND I see him hide every time AND can search and find him every time. Not exactly something one of the higher level Thieves should have to worry about.

*pats Goharo on the back*

I feel for you. But now I think I may be able to steal from YOU :twisted:
JAYMO
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby Goharo » Apr 17, 2004 (2:43 pm)

Yeah no doubt there. I aint totaly useless though I can do boxes. oh yeah and I can make barbs and spikes. go me....
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Apr 18, 2004 (9:23 pm)

This thread is really about two topics, so I'll reply as such:

(1) stealing is wack. For lack of a better explanation, it needs some fixes -- probably a small bug in the logic somewhere is causing the more skill you have to be counted against you instead of for you. This is called a "reverse logic" bug and it's one of the more common bugs (a simple greater than sign instead of a less than sign or a minus on one side of the equation instead of the other is all it takes to bring the whole thing down). Easy enough: it's on the list to fix.

(2) you don't like one of your racial traits. You're not happy that the traits were applied now instead of when we first went live. Well... sorry. You, like everyone else, had a chance to switch races (remember the RESELECT RACE command?) and all of the racial traits have been posted since the day they were released, so you've had ample time to consider changing to a race that does not have those traits. We will occasionally make decisions that you don't understand or don't agree with and while I sympathize with you and hope you'll enjoy the rest of the game for what it is, please understand that no one is 100% happy with everything 100% of the time. It's not possible. If you want, though, with the blessing of the rest of the community (any objections), I will let you choose a different race once and only once more. That's the only fair thing we can do, unless you have any other suggestions for us to consider.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby ellisj » Apr 18, 2004 (9:55 pm)

Would he be the only one getting this chance? if so it wouldn't really be fair, after all he already got to change his guild (from ma to thief)

Bose
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby Goharo » Apr 18, 2004 (10:59 pm)

I really dont recall a reselect race command. I did miss about a month a while back though. its not important anymore though i just really dont care.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Apr 19, 2004 (7:13 am)

Was a while ago... much more than a month, and it's still available to any player who (a) hasn't done it yet and were around (b) before the racial trait additions. Therefore, if you've never done it, you're still entitled to be able to. Just type RESELECT RACE to begin.

You think we were going to just spring a bunch of racial traits on you guys and not allow you to switch out if you didn't like what you wound up with?
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby ellisj » Apr 19, 2004 (10:32 am)

>reselect race confirm
You may not reselect your race. This option is only for characters who existed before the racial ability bonuses / penalties were finished.
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Apr 19, 2004 (1:52 pm)

And which character are you trying to do that with?

As far as I know, the command is (and has been) working fine for months. It can only be used with characters that were created before the racial traits were released.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby Goharo » Apr 19, 2004 (4:18 pm)

i cant change my race not cause the game wont let me but i just cant.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby ellisj » Apr 19, 2004 (10:26 pm)

Titus
he has been around long before the racial traits.
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Apr 27, 2004 (10:30 pm)

Apparantly the command can no longer tell which characters are from before the changes- I tried tonight to change Vladim too and he was my first character from ages before the racial traits happened- and he is still the same race he started with- well half breed- was gonna make it full but got the same message as Titus! :(
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Apr 28, 2004 (8:03 am)

It's being looked into and repaired...
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby BRUCE » May 10, 2004 (1:01 pm)

Any news on when/if this will be fixed?
BRUCE
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » May 12, 2004 (10:39 am)

Please try it now. It should be fixed.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby BRUCE » May 12, 2004 (3:02 pm)

Fixed!
BRUCE
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Return to General