Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Sick and Tired

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Sick and Tired

Postby trenmarc-eaxia » Mar 22, 2004 (5:09 pm)

Okay Ive put up with it as long as I can now and it's starting to get out of hand.

Our Characters live in the Kingdom of Legendier (spelling prolly wrong). It is ruled by a king... this king doesn't support slavery, doesnt overly tax his subject, doesnt starve his subjects, hasn't gone about and handed out punishments that dont fit the crimes. But now that the storyline has stagnated (again) every other person seems to have a gripe against him, all without any truth to back it. A little bit of division was fun in the beginning now It's to the point where I dont want to come in game much.

I play out my part of loyal subject and all I get is abuse... In and out of game ... for it.

Something has to happen soon to either pick up the story or let it die... I know your waiting for mister im already overpowered to get bigger before you finish the storyline but cant we at least have the royal family show that the are good and just rulers instead of not doing anything while we wait.

With all the traitorous speech going around in the land.. all the city guard killing and the other crime and there not being any consequence you all should count yourselves lucky that Im not playing the king. Matter of fact some of these things should start showing consequences.. why the guards let you all spout your treasonous lies I dont know.

There is so much division right now, that I see many friendships being broken, I see people leaving or just not coming around as they used to becuase they dont want to deal with it.

Basically if you want this storyline to wait around for as long as Im hearing, then something needs to go on in the meantime. Mini storylines, world wide quests, something anything to involve the royals.

Ive ranted enough and prolly not making sense
Tren
trenmarc-eaxia
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Re: Sick and Tired

Postby Hokeypokey » Mar 23, 2004 (1:30 am)

so uh....got any..gwipes?
i tend to agree that all the talk and no do is a bit on the annoying side...speak on brother!
everybody's favorite monkey!

The only thing that one has no choice but to do in life ...is Die. Everything else is an option. You always have a choice.
Hokeypokey

Postby GROGORKNIGHT » Mar 23, 2004 (11:24 am)

I am in full agreement as well.
Written in the blood of my foes,Senerik Doomsblade
GROGORKNIGHT
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 23, 2004 (12:09 pm)

I can only assume you mean the storyline involving the dark god Khal and Yan'taur. For those of you who aren't yet informed: we had an event a little while back that introduced the 'new' royal family of Liegendir.

I should actually start earlier...

Eaxia's storyline has been written, torn up, re-written, and injected with the ideas and thoughts of dozens of individuals -- most of which who are no longer on staff and some of which had no clue what the hell they were doing. Some of what happened wound up okay, some great even, but we were ultimately left with a storyline that many of us current staff have no notes on and nothing to reliably work with, so we decided to start fresh with a new royal family with the plan that they were the original heirs all along. To that end, we executed a roleplaying event not long ago that introduced them for the first time.

While we have tenative plans to make use of the royal family for upcoming events (including a masquarade ball which is just about ready to launch), the stage we have set with the royal family should be relatively permanent (we won't be killing off more royal family members, etc., that we can currently foresee).

As many of you know, during that event, the character Yanni (now known as Yan'taur) was approached with a unique role-playing opportunity to be an evil character within the boundaries of policy. As far as I know, the good-versus-evil conflict introduced by Yan'taur's agreement with the god Khal has helped break up some of the drag of day-in, day-out life in Eaxia. This is the first I've heard of any complaints that this kind of conflict is having negative effects on anyone.

As far as "when will we get more role-playing events", that's just as difficult to answer as "when will we get XYZ system". If we had the resources, it'd be tomorrow, or today. We don't though. We have a full-time staff of 1 person (myself) and a part-time staff of 4-6 people, working anywhere from 5-30 hours/week or whenever they can. I know this isn't a line that you want to hear, but we have to be absolutely realistic in our expectations here.

So what are our alternatives? Well, we can lift our developmental focus of guild building, guild rewriting, and expanding areas (for guildhalls, new hunting areas, etc.) and instead put some power behind role-playing, quests (free and otherwise), etc. That's certainly an option I'll explore if a good majority of our players (you) want role-playing instead of guild systems, spells, abilities, etc.

We can also provide the tools and opportunities to add role-playing flavor from your end of the table. We're more than willing to work with groups or individuals who would like to plan their own event and just need a helping hand from us. From our end of things, it takes very little developmental time to do so (in general), so we're happy to do it.

Lastly, and it's been advertised at our main website page, we are looking for individuals interested in joining the Eaxia Online team. No programming experience required; you just need to be 18 years or older, have at least 10 hours/week available, and an interest in an available position (which is pretty much anything on staff). For more information and to submit an application, please apply by clicking here: www.eaxia.com/apply-gm.php

Thank you for voicing your concerns and feel free to do so any time.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GOHR » Mar 23, 2004 (3:41 pm)

well i do agree i do think royals need to come around and make there point atleast to align all those that oppose this hostile take over........and to conclude so no one misunderstands gohr just hates he dont need a reason he just hates nuthin against the royals nor any certain people
GOHR
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby Islyn » Mar 23, 2004 (9:49 pm)

I have pondered both sides of this issue, and will agree that decension and constant havoc gets old really fast. but I feel to lay this issue solely at the feet of one character is overly simplistic. Yan'taur has been a focal point, yet I have observed many characters acting in a disruptive and agressive manner without that character even being in game. I am deeply saddened to see this issue of roleplay tear at the fabric of our community. I am oppossed to Khal and his horde as you all well know... yet as adults we must take responsibility for our actions and reactions.... Yan'taur has been a catalyst.... but is certainly not responsible for our individual responses to him. Over the last year and half I have seen many character leave our lands ...and by doing so..we are all diminished. This isnt a "Let's Play Nice" speach but I do feel we need to take a look at how we as individuals are reacting to situations at hand and if we do not like it...each of us must find a constructive way of dealing with it...I would hate to see the Lands turn into a cutthroat BadLands..and Exxy and the staff diverted from pushing Eaxia ahead because they have to referee a bunch of petty squabbles and macho posturing. We must decide ... and work together and respect each other ....and not fall victims to character bleed. We have the opportunity to make something very special here.
Written in elegant script one word,
Islyn
Islyn
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby ellisj » Mar 24, 2004 (12:48 am)

As many of you know, during that event, the character Yanni (now known as Yan'taur) was approached with a unique role-playing opportunity to be an evil character within the boundaries of policy.
biggest problem i see here is the fact that he doesn't seem to know the policy. i have seen him violate it so many times..And yes i can agree mister SUPERDEFENSE is gettin really annoying.
Bose
Last edited by ellisj on Mar 24, 2004 (11:37 am), edited 2 times in total.
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby Goharo » Mar 24, 2004 (4:09 am)

All i have to say about this is that Khal picked wrong ive seen this Yan'taur purposely pick fights with newer players just to kill them and well whatever if thats how hes spose to do it then so be it. But he aint said or done anything me and arg havent been saying or doing against the royal family since they got here. I like the story line and think it should play its self out but I think you need to pick a diffrent person to do so. someone that either has the power to do what hes saying hes gonna do or a GM to play that person. either way Yan'taur needs to be done away with i dislike the king and will kill him some day have already tryed to kill his son. But i am with the king on this one. I aint gonna let Yan'taur do anything to the king and i know of people that are just as big as me who will stop him too. Again i think the story should carry on but with someone else besides Yan'taur.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 24, 2004 (8:48 am)

I understand there have been some disturbances involving and as a result of Yan'taur's behavior. While I won't go into the details of what happened, suffice to say that player has been temporarily suspended from gameplay to reflect and reconsider. Please take into consideration that the Khal/evil-vs-good role-playing journey is not intended to cause grief for other players.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby SHAMAN » Mar 24, 2004 (2:16 pm)

ok

Time for the mind behind the idiot to have his say...

I'd like first to congradulate all on their views and responces, everyone has valid an direct points, from milady Islyn to milord Goharo and of course Exxy himself. As one who was unfortionatly not arround for the begining of this RP expierence i am probebly the one in the darkest section of this area an in more ways then one the one least of all to say much.

Not unlike Trenmark tho ina different light I've been asked by all concerned at one point or another where my loyalties lie...for I'm sure many reasons, an little answer has been given for just as many reasons, tho I have not been harrassed...I think most I deal with are above that if not just know better than to let thigns go that far over somethign like this.

As islyn put it let us all act as adults, even if some of us aren't infact. this absolutly great RP situation has soo much potential to uplift the moral of all of us in one way or another. This story line gives everyone an outlet an reason to show what and who exactly their charactors are, where they stand, in what an whom they believe and to just do more than hunt and get rich in coins and magickal items. In a strictly RP matter of speaking while we all do Rp quite well, all we RP is our charactors an how they act/react to everyday life in Eaxia...an I am prally the last person who autta say this but I honestly dont think thats enough. I am for this new story line for that reason.

As for each persons take on spicifics of this story line, i have ta agree with some. For one I am of the opinion that I can't believe that the wrong person was picked but maybe that the person picked to be the focal point acted wrong in many ways, I won't get into details for it is not my place an quite frankly I wasn't asked. But if he is untill further notice gone from our lands then perhaps somoene may need to reavalueate the now vacent position. Everyone has faults and expectations an in some cases those faults were shown in mass and did not meet with anyones expectations. I do however believe that certion things just needed to be tweeked an I'm under the impression that this will happen soon by what has already been said.

I must again agree with Trenmarc that if this story line is to continue that if and when possible the "Royals" need to least if not appear an respond, send someone to do so in their sted.

Now lastly and please I hope no one takes this the wrong way but for those who are complaining about this and that, Exxy has opened the door, everyone must now evaluate and respond within reason. If there is something you'd like or don't like an have an idea how to change it, do so. if you have had or are starting to get yer own ideas, lets make use of them as best we all can, tho I am as I mentioned already in the dark in most cases, i do have ontact with many of you in one for or another and I have to admit there is only one group of people who have been workin on a constant basis to these ends...we know them as Clan Faleen.

In anycase I think I have said my pease, prally pissin some people off an possibly, hopefully inspiring some to take the next step...as for myself and where Ty stands...for those that do truley care, stand by maybe, just maybe you may find out...maybe just maybe you might be surprised. And maybe I'll actually get my act togther enough to make myself known.

Shaman/Ty
SHAMAN

Return to General