Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

not sure if this is somethin that was changed or what...

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

not sure if this is somethin that was changed or what...

Postby BOSE » Feb 25, 2004 (2:20 am)

[D'Mare Fin, Lost Caves]
Warm yellow light flickers in from the west, illuminating walls of granite that extend upwards into the darkness beyond your sight. The deafening roar of water reverberates through the area, from a jet of water issuing forth from a crevice midway up the wall. The mineral-rich water crashes into a steaming pool, sending a fine misty spray over the floor, and you.
Other life here: a stone giant, a stone giant, a stone giant, a stone giant.
Obvious exits: west and northwest.
>
A stone giant just went west.
>
A stone giant twists the boulder in its hand, adjusting his grip on it.
>look giant
Massive legs fill your field of vision and you have to crane your neck back to see the rest of this creature. The giant is clothed in hides which seem to be entire animal skins patched together and holding a large boulder in one hand.
The giant looks to be in near perfect health.
>look second giant
Massive legs fill your field of vision and you have to crane your neck back to see the rest of this creature. The giant is clothed in hides which seem to be entire animal skins patched together and holding a large boulder in one hand.
The giant looks to be in near perfect health.

i am standing in a room with 4 healthy giants. and not one of them engages me. is this somethin new or maybe a bug.?

Bose
BOSE
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Re: not sure if this is somethin that was changed or what...

Postby trenmarc-eaxia » Feb 25, 2004 (6:35 am)

Yes started a day or so ago critter seem to have gained some intelligence as to when they are outclassed, They try to retreat from you faster if your overpowering and may not advance you if they see you as more powerful...

My guess is this is part of the new NPC controls that have been promised for so long.. To me it's great tohave a bit of a challenge to chase em down now.. just wish my entangle spell was a help.

Tren
trenmarc-eaxia
Veteran Forums Adventurer
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Feb 25, 2004 (1:57 pm)

We're playing with NPCs and preparing them for what's to come...

Necromancers is going to be our next released class (sorry no date available yet) and a lot of their abilities focus on controlling undead and summoning spirits, which requires NPC-vs-NPC combat and a whole slew of new NPC features. As a result, NPCs are getting some upgrades, including getting more intelligent when and who they should advance towards, etc. Liekwise, they no longer have a 100% chance of retreating anymore nor will they try and retreat ALL the time either, especially if they're especially dumb.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GROGORKNIGHT » Feb 27, 2004 (11:53 pm)

I like the idea of them being more intelligant but when I am in a room with 10 stone giants and all they do is run or sit there. It is kinda off annoying. I am 37th level and not ready for jungatha yet so. If this the way it is gonna go be I will deal with it however
Written in the blood of my foes,Senerik Doomsblade
GROGORKNIGHT
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby SHRTY » Mar 15, 2004 (1:35 pm)

ok i understand that npc's are gettin more intelligent but it seems a bit strange that a troll will engage me and a jungatha will not, not even a grey
somethin wrong?
Bose
SHRTY
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Return to General