Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Homes? and other various meandering thoughts..

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Homes? and other various meandering thoughts..

Postby GMBRAHLIA » Feb 2, 2004 (9:05 pm)

Someone had asked about player homes being available in a post recently but I could not find the post nor the answer to it. Are homes going to be made available any time soon again or is it a long way off?

Another question.. any quests planned for the near future?

I know all the changes recently have been far reaching and a lot of very hard work, so please don't take these questions as demands or anything. I for one am so very happy with the way the game is progressing and the pace in which it is doing so. The changes in the recent past have been absolutely awesome and sincere thanks go out to all that worked so hard to bring all of this into being. Just wanted to know if a home is somthing I should short term plan for or long term plan for. The questing question is just for fun and curiosity as I had heard about quests in the past.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
GMBRAHLIA
Eaxia Online staff
Eaxia Online staff

Re: Homes? and other various meandering thoughts..

Postby GDAREMENTA » Feb 3, 2004 (12:14 pm)

A recent poll
http://www.role-players.com/Eaxia/commu ... .php?t=695
was held and homes were voted pretty low on the list. :) Expect them after the items on that poll with higher votes get completed! ;)

As far as quests...there is some development going on in that area but I can't really give you any specifics right now. :) There are some other Presence events in the works that are taking priority which should be fun for all. But quests are still on our to-do list because we want you to have fun with them as much as you want to. :)
~Arementa
Area Development Manager
GDAREMENTA
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby GMBRAHLIA » Feb 3, 2004 (12:38 pm)

I wasn't meaning claimable homes, more like the fund raiser homes that players already have..but if that is what is coming up so be it.

Thanks for responding.
GMBRAHLIA
Eaxia Online staff
Eaxia Online staff

Postby GDEXXY » Feb 4, 2004 (9:30 am)

Homes have been acquired through vouchers and prizes of various contests and rewarded through certain events, purchased through our Fundraiser process, and we once had an alterer/merchant that came through selling them too.

The great thing about having a Fundraiser is that it brings in quick revenue to the game and opens up options to players who want uniquely-designed items and homes and can't get them anywhere else.

The horrible thing about having a Fundraiser is that it puts an incredible strain on the staff, particularly myself. Right now, slowing development down more than it is currently isn't something I'm willing to do. In fact, there may never again be a Fundraiser like we've had in the past -- we just may have certain rewards for Champion-level accounts who get to claim vouchers to use for the same purposes.

Who knows -- that's not something we've made a decision on yet, but as of right now, no Fundraisers. I understand there's a lot of new people and they, like yourself, also want a home or at least a place to store their goods, so perhaps it's time again to take another poll to decide where we should adjust our priorities. Having you vote on which subjects are most important to you helps us deliver what you want faster, by majority rule. There are also some things that we've promised to develop and deliver (such as the guild rebuilds, professions, etc.), so they're coming no matter what.

All I can say for now though is stay tuned. I'll likely hold another poll very soon.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GMBRAHLIA » Feb 4, 2004 (9:33 am)

Thanks Exxy!
GMBRAHLIA
Eaxia Online staff
Eaxia Online staff

Postby GROVENBURGER » Feb 5, 2004 (10:59 pm)

It would be nice to see an Aerie for the avian folks to have a nest in, I know of one couple in particular that would like that! :wink:
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Return to General