Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

just somethin i have to say...

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

just somethin i have to say...

Postby ellisj » Jan 6, 2004 (11:45 am)

I can't speak for most people, but i personnal feel that after the whole ability score fix, that at least 1 out of all my characters is basically worthless. i was kinda thinkin i would be able to play around with my ability scores while i was lowerin stuff, that i might be able to raise some of em back up, but that didn't happen. I also kind of expected that what it showed for my ability scores, would be before bonus's such as race. once they were lowered it stayed that way. my barbarian is the one that i believe has been ruined, not namin any names but for instance theres is one individual with 14 strength that can kill him with one swing of two daggers. and he is also almost always overburdened or heavy load. plus it takes him forever to kill anything. anyway the point of this is to ask if maybe it would be possible to get another shot at the whole ability score thing... maybe it could be voluntary, only the people that wanted to do it could. no i'm not tryin to be a cry baby it's just that i don't like playin certain characters anymore cause it's no fun when my barbarian isnt hardly as strong as my wizard. :) thanks for listening
Josh
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Re: just somethin i have to say...

Postby ellisj » Jan 8, 2004 (2:05 am)

well i'll take that as a no since noone has said anything in response to this post, kinda expected it, was worth a try
Josh
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Jan 8, 2004 (10:08 am)

I try and post responses at the message forums as timely as I can. Have some patience.

On the matter of the ability scores, I've said it before and I'll say it again: it was a very clear game bug that allowed you and other players to train ability scores farther than you should (essentially up to 70+ points in some cases). After fixing the bug, yes, we automatically pulled everyone into an area that required you to choose which of the extra/unfair ability scores to remove. I'm not going to re-do the bug and I'm not going to give everyone bonus ability scores beyond what the game allows.

On the matter of the game being exceptionally difficult and unbalanced. Well step #1 was the rebuild/reallocate, which moved us by leaps and bounds towards a more fair and balanced game. Step #2 now is to rebuild each guild, re-evaluating everything from skills, to abilities, to combat damage, etc. When the Barbarian's guild is rebuilt, you'll notice a significant change in game challenge. The focus isn't on needing illegal/tweaked items or abilities, but on fixing the challenge factor at the root of its problem. That's what we've been after all along.

So the short answer I guess is "I hear you -- have some trust in us to get it all fixed, but don't expect the fix to involve lots of extra ability scores".
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby ellisj » Jan 8, 2004 (11:11 am)

Exxy,
I wasn't asking for extra ability scores. was asking to have a chance to resetup the ones i have. still get the same number just change where they go.
Josh
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Return to General