Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

"FIX"???

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

"FIX"???

Postby SHAMAN » Dec 23, 2003 (6:00 pm)

can someone please explaine to me how not only i got apparently as you see more ability points than i should have an have had to drop down so many...ya know ive not really bitched about anythin that came with the cham=nges, i just rolled with the punches and played with what i was delt, adapted to everything and overcame what i could, but i was no happy due to reasons i have mentioned in prior posts, mainly the lack of ways to build skills.

ill keep this short.
ive reached an all time high in as much as levels and skills in my weapons and armor and am rebuilding my other non combat skills as best as i can. but haven to drop my ability scores as muchas this is like nailing my coffin shut, i cant steal, i cant hide, cant pop more than half the boxes i have fought for. all i had left was my skills an now they have been taken away, whats going on???

how am i supposed to do anything when every time i turn around there a screwup or a change? the RP value is dropping seriously and the fun in the game is leakin slowly away. i enjoy this place more than any other ive been in for so many reasons, but yet each reason is being nixed with each change or "FIX"...will it end?

ty

PS sorry to post this twice but im hopoing to get some input either way. my appoligies for my anger and emotions, i kow i probebly dont have right to be but im at a loss here its becoming increasingly harder to make any head way. how am i supposed to survive when every effert i make is destroyed, with much more ease than it took to take the step in the first place!?

PLease someone tell me how am i to fix this an become anythign in this world??
SHAMAN
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Re: "FIX"???

Postby GDEXXY » Dec 23, 2003 (11:21 pm)

SHAMAN wrote:can someone please explaine to me how not only i got apparently as you see more ability points than i should have an have had to drop down so many...

This was a result of a problem that was introduced during the rebuild. The ability score training system was not counting the Coordination stat against your total, so you could effectively raise it as high as you liked as well as raise other ability scores without being penalized for the Coordination score. You could have 15 in Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Agility, Stamina, and Coordination and the system would think your total was 75 instead of 90 (it was not counting Coordination against your total), therefor you could spend extra points in other stats -- and technically you could train Coordination forever.

We caught this and fixed it, but not before the damage had been done. Players with 10, 15, 20 and some as high as 35+ extra ability score trainings were wandering around, screwing up game balance -- most of you without even realizing the problem. Some of you that did reported it to us and we appreciate that.

Is the current shape of the game unfair to certain classes? Yes, even with the game-wide rebuild, there are still many areas that need specific fixing, particularly combat and guild-level abilities/systems. That's what we're targeting now. Is the fact that we corrected and reversed a problem that spells certain doom for game stability and balance that we are all working so hard to achieve unfair? Certainly not. If there was a bug in the Ranger's guild that let everyone level up to 999th without checking their experience requirements correctly, wouldn't you want us to fix that for the sake of keeping the game fair and balanced? That's really what we're talking about here, on a different (but still very important) scale.

SHAMAN wrote:ya know ive not really bitched about anythin that came with the cham=nges, i just rolled with the punches and played with what i was delt, adapted to everything and overcame what i could,

And we appreciate it.

SHAMAN wrote:but i was no happy due to reasons i have mentioned in prior posts, mainly the lack of ways to build skills.

I'm working my a** off getting new stuff to you. In fact, your class (Thieves) is first up on the list.

SHAMAN wrote:ill keep this short.
ive reached an all time high in as much as levels and skills in my weapons and armor and am rebuilding my other non combat skills as best as i can. but haven to drop my ability scores as muchas this is like nailing my coffin shut,

You were never supposed to have ability scores as high as that for your level in the first place. It'd be nice if I could realisticly ask everyone to forget that there was a bug and hope that they realize it wasn't *supposed* to be that way, but for some of you, I understand that it looks like a penalty or handicap. Let me assure you again that it wasn't. You just temporarily (for a few weeks) had a huge bonus towards ability scores that you otherwise shouldn't have had.

SHAMAN wrote:i cant steal, i cant hide, cant pop more than half the boxes i have fought for. all i had left was my skills an now they have been taken away, whats going on???

We're working to smooth it all out and appreciate you being patient while we do. Every day and every week things get better... maybe not necessarily for you or for a certain class, but we are constantly at work to improve the game and are extremely aware and sensitive to the problems at hand.

SHAMAN wrote:how am i supposed to do anything when every time i turn around there a screwup or a change?

We don't expect to have a perfect game -- not within the first few years and probably not ever. There are always ways to improve, fix, and expand on ideas and compound them with more excitement and flavor. Take Dungeons & Dragons, for instance. It's been around for 25 years now and there are constant improvements, expansions, and new versions released monthly. There will be, of course, far few fixes than expansions in the future for Eaxia once everything is in place and we have the secondary guilds all done and in a place where we're happy with where they're at, but we haven't reached that point yet.

SHAMAN wrote:the RP value is dropping seriously and the fun in the game is leakin slowly away.

While we could certainly give role-playing better attention (at the cost of developing and repairing what is so important and at the top of our priority right now), I think the cause of deteriorated role-play is a byproduct of less overall people playing. Many of which are waiting for more things to do, better and less-boring combat, etc. More players = more interaction = more role-play in general. We're also due for a special event, but the likes of which I can't yet discuss.

SHAMAN wrote:i enjoy this place more than any other ive been in for so many reasons, but yet each reason is being nixed with each change or "FIX"...will it end?

Nope, it surely won't end. The frustration will, but we won't simply stop fixing and expanding the game. Eventually most of the crucial bugs and problems will be fixed and the game will generally be far less frustrating and un-motivating (is that a word?), but we have no plans to simply stop developing the game.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby SHAMAN » Dec 24, 2003 (6:45 am)

Thankx Exxy, my deepest apologies for comming off like such a bastard and complete ahole, i in retrospect never ment to but between this new devolpment an my being under the weather i over-reacted quite a bit. for some reason i didnt stop to think the whole thing through, just took everythin at face value and...no excuse for my actions and words.

i also know as far as RP, that falls more on our, the players heads than yours, however i believe the reason i brought it up in the fashion i did is because as a long long time player of many RPG's(dominated by D&D, AD&D), ive come to realize that as much as the RP of a game depends on the players doing their part, some of this responicbility also falls on the shoulders of the DM's/Gm's. i never ment to insinuate that you and your crew werent doing your jobs, an sometimes i forget mainly due to my ignorence in matter of that side of the game, how much work is involved.

i promise in the future to revert back to the way i normaly handle myself and to stop these outbursts.

Ty
A Million Pyres Burn In Your Name!

P.S- one small thin i been meaning to ask/bring up.
as far as these animals people have that can find someone anywhere in the lands, i was curious if this was somethin that might change relitivly soon? it occurs to me that maybe those animals and their owners should be able to find certion people in certion places. to cut the rp and get to it, i think its a bit odd that they can penitrate the sanctity of my guild, an in this it bohters me that they might well be able to find other place not yet here, without saying much more on this i think you know to what im speakin of. if this is true than it will do some serious damage to the RP state of play once certion things and place come about.
SHAMAN

Postby GDEXXY » Dec 24, 2003 (9:03 am)

It's my understanding that animal companinos cannot go to any indoor areas. There's actually quite a few room settings that prevent animal companion activity, including their locating ability, but if this is not the case, please let me know and we'll take a look.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby SHAMAN » Dec 24, 2003 (9:48 am)

just the other day an several times in the past the animals have found me within my guild. this is why i asked an brought it to your attention. if they can find people in places like this....
SHAMAN

Postby GROVENBURGER » Dec 24, 2003 (4:56 pm)

the Mages caves are indoors and i know companions can go there and the mages guild resurrection tower. Homes and the Queens pavilion are off limits I know but that is all I have noticed that they can't go to other than special areas (GM places, Stat rolling area and the like)
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Return to General