Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

What are your feelings towards combat skills?

Cast your vote!

What are your feelings towards combat skills?

Postby GDEXXY » Dec 17, 2003 (11:49 pm)

This is not a poll that can be answered by voting towards one of several options, but rather a poll that requires a response indicative of your personal feelings towards our current combat skills, including:

1. How easy or difficult they are to gain rank in
  2. How important they are to you in battle
  3. How interesting they are to develop (fun factor)
  4. Any other factors you feel relevant to comment on
I'm only looking for a response to the poll question, though you may make it as lengthy as you like, for now so that I have the benefit of each person's feelings towards the skills. I realize there's a lot of problems with them.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Re: What are your feelings towards combat skills?

Postby ellisj » Dec 18, 2003 (2:20 am)

Definitely need some work...
Defences seem to train easy enough, and seem important to combat to me.
Weapons seem hard to train, and are equally important to combat from what i've seen.

i can't personally say too much cause my combat skills aren't quite up to par, haven't had much time to spend on em. but from what i've seen this is what i can say so far
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby Logary » Dec 18, 2003 (7:48 am)

Although the Weapons are harder to learn than the armor they really don't take to long to learn, except for ranged weapons. I would like it more if there was a rare and fantastic description for a really really powerful hit, or if arrows and quarrels stuck into my victums.
Another interesting thing would be reading descriptions for defense. "Logary adjusts his armor to defend the blow taking no damage" or something to that effect would be interesting.
These skills are very important to me, without the defensive skills I'd be dying too much in giants or just ignoring my melee skills and as certain creatures only teach so much it is nice that there is a distinction in skills from new comers and old players.
Logary
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby ANGBATH » Dec 18, 2003 (10:11 am)

How easy or difficult they are to gain rank in;

Defences seem fine and weapons seem a lil slow.

How important they are to you in battle;

Defences are the most important because you might be great with a weapon but will you live long enough to use it?

How interesting they are to develop (fun factor);

Boring. Well hunting is boring, I do it just to advance or get money really.

Any other factors you feel relevant to comment on;

I think with better messaging and abilities/moves for both creatures and character would make it more interesting. Like creatures that pick a character's pocket, you think you got new treasure but its really yours!
ANGBATH
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby DYLNPERRY » Dec 18, 2003 (10:52 am)

How easy or difficult they are to gain rank in?

Vedar is still so young compared to many others here so I say yes it's easier to raise defensive skills as opposed to weapon skills. Combat casting which I have Vedar do a lot of due to being a wizard now raises nicely too with my defense.

How important they are to you in battle?

Weapon skill isn't so important to me as I lob spells like crazy, but combat casting and evasion/light armor are super important to me.

How interesting they are to develop (fun factor)

Yes, I agree with the above poster that hunting is boring really and I do it also for advancement and money, would like to see more roleplaying during hunts to alleivate <SP?> this.

Any other factors you feel relevant to comment on.

Would like to see spells cost less mana to cast as they currently are, but maybe that's just me. <grins>
DYLNPERRY
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby GROGORKNIGHT » Dec 30, 2003 (12:17 pm)

Weapons are very slow in going up and with Senerik weapons are his fave he collects many so I would like him to know alot more then he does.

Hunting is very boring and new ideas to make it not boring could mean maybe do some sort of class specfic special attack or maybe making what happens when you hit a creature sound better like. Senerik slashes at the goblin and glances his neck making the the gobiln step back or something
Written in the blood of my foes,Senerik Doomsblade
GROGORKNIGHT
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby LAGRAMGAJ » Jan 25, 2004 (9:09 pm)

I know this thread is a little old but I wanted to add some thoughts.

I have noticed that some skills move a bit slower than others. I've also noticed that combat 'skills' are not the only factor in combat ability. At least they don't seem to be.

I think to answer the questions of skill advancement you really have to know how much of an influence they have on combat. I think it's fine if combat skills advance slowly if they are only a small factor in combat ability.

Overall I think things are working fine, although I am a bit ignorant of the system at work here. I can fight things on my level without much trouble, even if I'm using a weapon I'm not very skilled with.

Lag...
LAGRAMGAJ
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby Goharo » Apr 15, 2004 (3:51 pm)

The skills are really important thats pretty much the only way I can level.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby Goharo » Apr 17, 2004 (3:36 pm)

Maybe i am the odd goblin out but my weapon skills are higher than my defense skills.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby BRANDON9741 » Apr 17, 2004 (5:22 pm)

Same here, but not the goblin part.
Evil Goblin Koaru Komodaki, Crazy tree hugger of Tes'Kata.
BRANDON9741
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Return to Polls