Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Just a question

General discussion for the Eaxia rebuild.

Just a question

Postby ALLRIGHT » Dec 2, 2003 (8:00 pm)

You leap from hiding with your rune-etched dagger drawn! Timing it perfectly, you twist it deep into the stone giant's back, puncturing vital organs with a powerful attack!
The giant slumps over dead at your feet.
You gain 95 experience.
[You are able to absorb 85 points into your training experience pool.]
[Roundtime: 10 seconds]

.....I'm just wondering what happens to the other experience, it isnt going onto the total, sometimes its more than 10 difference. And when I did that my pool was only at 40%.
ALLRIGHT
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Re: Just a question

Postby GROVENBURGER » Dec 2, 2003 (8:42 pm)

I've noticed it starts evaporating in the 40-50% range and of course the % gets worse after that :( , but I've also noticed that under 10-15% I usually see a slight bonus the other way! :D
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby ALLRIGHT » Dec 6, 2003 (11:48 pm)

I understand that we don't absorb it, and I understand when we start to lose 60+ exp per kill, I'm just wondering where it goes...Do we absorb it later? Do we just lose it?
ALLRIGHT
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby SHAMAN » Dec 16, 2003 (12:53 pm)

me thinks it goes into tha TE catagory an gits absorbed as yer learnin capacity drains out, i don think we loose any expierence, tha jes don add up...

but wha do i know, im jes tha..
resident Villege Idiot
Ty
Reason is the exact distance between senile and infintile
SHAMAN
Veteran Forums Adventurer
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Dec 17, 2003 (5:17 pm)

Your training experience pool is a measure of your mind's ability to learn from an experience (something that just happened). When something happens that you can learn from, you gain experience points from it. This is relfected by your training experience pool "filling up" some.

How much experience you can absorb out of an experience is dependant upon two things:

(1) how "full" your mind already is
(2) level, Wisdom, Intelligence

The emptier your mind is, the easier it is to learn from new experiences, however the fuller your mind is, the more you miss. You are simply too tired to really comprehend what's going on and you just don't benefit from the experience (sometimes at all).

If you get a message saying that you've gained 100 experience points (for example), but were only able to absorb 85 of it into your training experience pool, that means that you are 85% effective in learning from new experiences at the moment. You can continue to do what you're doing, but you stop learning from it after a while unless you relax and give your mind a chance to process the new information.

This resting/processing can be sped up with better Intelligence, giving you shorter breaks between experience-yielding activities.

Likewise, you can expand your mind's capacity to learn from new activities by increasing your Wisdom, which means you can engage in experience-yielding activities for longer with more Wisdom.

Any experience you can't absorb is lost. That activity has passed and your awareness/opportunity of what you could learn from the activity has suffered.

We are still watching this closely and may adjust things in your favor if we find that the learning process is taking away too much experience or that 'down times' are too long, even with decent mental ability score training.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to Eaxia Rebuild, General