Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

New guild suggestions and possible skills for professions

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

New guild suggestions and possible skills for professions

Postby COTY » Dec 10, 2003 (5:06 pm)

Good evening my fellow adventures,

I don't know if this has already been suggested or is something that is under consideration already however i've been contemplating a few ideas and thought that i'd lay them out for discussion amoungst fellow gamers and staff so here they are.

1.) Boats : Speaking with a few people this evening the mention of sucha skill being obtained was mentioned. However not an indepth discussion was not available at the time. ... Boat making/Pirate ships etc. Also in addition to this perhaps making another Guild for the thieves to branch off into *Pirates* where shipmaking is obtainable and at various times NPC battles can be engaged where this said player and a few of his companions decide to plunder one of our cities... just a little something to add some spice.

2.) Royalty : The lady Sabrina and various others today were talking about taking control over certain principalities and being the dictator over such areas. Perhaps this was merely another aspect of thier roleplay or something that's being intigrated i do not know. However as just an idea A skill for rangers or barbarians/warriors could be Beastiary. where a small army of NPC beasts could be controlled by the said player and used for various purposes. Such as to aid in hunting, raising a certain guild skill AND this would assist in the players who are acting out as dictators of a said area in attacking other cities. the invasion of Cal'ziz by the crystal caverns horde of ogre mages ect so on down the line.

3.) Not sure if horses have been implimented yet i have been out of game for awhile and alot has changed in the month i was away. Warhorses for paladins, scouts for rangers, the list goes on ( once again certain proffesions could train the horses.. rangers catch the wild ones and tame them, paladins train for fighting. I'm sur eyou get the general idea )

3.) City patrols... players can have the option to join a particulair city /town and then become a citizen of that said township. INstead of being Kadrak of Semanari then you would be kadrak of Cal'ziz or D'mara ect. A fortress could be built in each MAJOR city and those who were withing it's order would be the town patrol in essence upkeeping hte law, citizen complaints , and issued shackles, and yokes to confine troublesome citizens.(*players*). there would be a board of review and a fine the player would have hte choice to pay the fine or sit out the time ( in RL time ) in a cell. for example i'm hunting and Little jo when i die steals my weapons that fall and my gold and doesn't return them upon my being raised. the petition could be filed within say 10 min of the incident ( to keep abuse from happening ) then an npc would investigate the matter and a warrant would be issued and when the person on duty was ingame would then follow the warrant and arrest the said person(s) detaining them until a review of his superiors looked over the case. Arrests, warrents etc so on would all be posted in an area here on the boards so all could review and know the matters at hand. Then at such time after fines paid or time served the arresting officer or one of the commanding officers would then come into the cell and release the said prisoner. ( also for thieves a lockpicking skill aquired could aid in jail breaks)

I have many more ideas and things that i think could aid the game developement. i'm not presuming that all of these suggestions will be implimented yet if even one was then i know that i'd have helped in making the enviroment a more pleasurable gaming for others and myself. Please feel free to criticise or praise these ideas that's what they're here for.

Respectfully Yours,

Vetran Kadrak
COTY
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Re: New guild suggestions and possible skills for profession

Postby ARMANTHISAMON » Dec 11, 2003 (1:33 am)

Alrighty! I was just thinking of something along similar lines while looking in the donation box at all the different sheaths I carved out days ago. There is one thing I was thinking about, though I realize it could be months before the idea may or may not take place.

Merchant - Now the idea of a merchant would be to run his or her own establishment, be it a healer's alcove with ready-made potions, a gem/jewelry shop with stones and metals cut perfectly by the gemcutter. Or just perhaps a shop with things found during the journeys and such. *nodnod* Of course, one downside could be that the shop would only be open when the person is online and in the shop, or maybe an NPC that he or she hired to do the work. Some of the places have more than one person working inside.

Another thing I wanted to bring up was the skill, heal, info and exp lists. Is there any way to have them put into different windows, so they can be readily accessible to anyone without having to type, in case in the midst of a severely-outnumbered battle or something like that? Just a thought to toss around *grin*

- Rich -

- A rule of the Knight is not only to know when to engage in a confrontation, but also when to step back from one, regardless of the odds [Delman Panthas - Story of Hematite] -

- Me's go makes new friends!!!! [Mezr Madclaw - Pirate Dungeons] -
ARMANTHISAMON
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby COTY » Dec 11, 2003 (11:44 am)

:? What about fletching?
Currently can Rangers make thier own arrows etc so on? i know that i think there are diamond tipped arrows that cause more damage and are roughly 500 per.
Foraging : for the branches to make the shafts
Fletching for the arrow flights
Stone Cutting/Gem cutting some kind of skill for making the arrow heads themselves. making it a wider selection. Say diamond tips enhance damage , rubies more likely to crit hit ( or instead of damage PERHAPS spells could be implimented? )
Depending on the arrow tip a mage / cleric could then cast a spell into the item ... magical enhancement that would last for so many uses or minutes depending on the casters skills and rank. For example a clerical holy bless or even a Paladin bless on such item would then enflict more damage to the undead then say using your dagger or the normal store bought ammunition.

Just some ideas

Kadrak
COTY
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Dec 17, 2003 (4:47 pm)

COTY:

We have in-depth plans and conceptual development started for ship building (both for sea and aerial transport) and have a class devoted to a lifestyle on the open seas: Sailor. Professions will revolve around boats and ships as well, such as captain, fisherman, etc.

While I don't forsee Lords and Ladies of actual royalty played by individual players in the near future, there will be small towns and areas that players can conquor and rule by force and politics. See my post here: http://www.role-players.com/Eaxia/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=686

Horses (and other mounts) are not a planned system for Eaxia. While they could be in the future, we don't have any immediate plans to bring them into Eaxia.

City patrols and a player-participated guards is definitely planned and being developed for our professions system, which has a basic outline here: http://www.role-players.com/Eaxia/Library/professions.html. We also have a detailed justice system in the works, but it's pending release of professions for it to work properly.

Fletching is also a support system of a forthcoming profession. Keep your eyes peeled when we release the first wave of professions.

ARMANTHISAMON:

Merchant is one of our planned classes, listed at http://www.role-players.com/Eaxia/Library/Classes and will give bonuses to merchant-related professions (forthcoming). I also began work on player-owned shops ages ago and it's actually essentially complete, it's just waiting on the release of the Merchant's guild, which is waiting for artisans (professions subsystem). Soon as we get some of these systems rolling (like professions), we can domino-out the rest of them.

The Wizard does not give us good control over where exactly information is displayed. There are a few (and I mean 2-3) windows that we can control like that, but in general we can't. If there is a high demand for something like this, it's likely I will persue it, but otherwise my opinion is to just not worry about your experience statistics while in the heat of battle.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to General