Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Combat

General discussion for the Eaxia rebuild.

Combat

Postby SHISAERON » Nov 18, 2003 (6:28 pm)

I believe that the combat system needs some major attention. For example, at level 10 and 11 I was hunting hell hounds just fine, getting good amounts of exp for them. Now at level 12 it is a real struggle to kill them, and im getting the same amount of experience I was getting when I was hunting them at 11th level. Shouldnt it be the other way around? Easier to kill and less experience? And now with critters being so much harder, hunting is pretty much just a waste of my time.
SHISAERON
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Re: Combat

Postby Goharo » Nov 19, 2003 (10:36 am)

Back when I was 11th or so I had to hunt hell hounds and it wasnt easy. Then you gotta hunt in the desert which is even worse. I really dont see a problem with the combat system though it all works out if you give it time
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby arriend » Nov 19, 2003 (10:39 am)

Things will get easier as your skills develop...try hunting something less difficult at first, you may not get experience for the kill, but it'll be well worth while if you can get a crowd to beat on you...get defenses up real quick like, well..maybe not quick, but they'll raise after awhile, and then once you can get to about where you were when the change happend as far as weapon/armor, they shouldn't be so bad.
arriend
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby Clauddvon_Mauddiv » Nov 19, 2003 (3:26 pm)

There are many more choices for the 10th and 11th level hunters these days than there were back in the old days (as far as places to hunt)...

That doesn't sound like it should be happening, though...might want to send a report to the staff about it.

Good luck in the hunting areas. Good advise from the others above, just go down a level in critters if your current critter is too hard...and have 10 or more stand on you if you can find any place that swarms...you'll see your skills go up fairly quickly if you do that.

Clauddvon
Clauddvon Maud'divv
~*~Ranger Extraordinaire~*~
...ummmm.....where's the Ranger's Guild???
Clauddvon_Mauddiv
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby SHISAERON » Nov 19, 2003 (5:38 pm)

defenses are not the problem i have more than enough, its the not being able to hit them most of the time and mages arent moving it
SHISAERON
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby Goharo » Nov 20, 2003 (6:36 am)

well if they are beating you up that easy then defense is a problem try hunting with someone that always works out well. and you get group exp so everyone will learn and you shouldnt get hit as often cause with two of yous you can kill them faster. now you just gotta fight out who gets to skin em.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby SHISAERON » Nov 20, 2003 (11:28 am)

they not hitting me much at all, im just annoyed with the 10 min it takes to kill one, after one level ago it was taking me 1-2 min
SHISAERON
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby SHAMAN » Nov 26, 2003 (11:56 am)

once again tha idiot decides to speak....

as far as combat goes these days, a few things ive noticed are that for one its much easier to learn defences than it is ta learn weapons, alos easier ta learn those dame defences than it was afore tha winds of change came blowin through our lives an land...this is nae a bad thin as defences are in my estimation more important than yer weapon skills..

before tha changes i struggled to learn ta dodge and use me armor correctly where me parry an weapon skills dwarfed my defences by a very large amount(before tha changes me defences were all round 60 lessons where me weapon skills were well ova tha 100 lesson mark). now howeva im findin tha werkin dodge and armor is much easier, wich has allowed me to easily return to where i basically left off before tha winds of change...this actually will make combat easier as all yeh do is stand roun an attempt ti hit critters as they miss yeh due to yer execptional defencive skills...

howevea, i do think tha weapon skills may need a sligh fine tune er adjustment where as i know we are nae apposed ta learn weapons as quickly an easily as we had been, i think its been down tweeked jes a bit more than absolutly nessessary...jes tha opinion of one idiot...

Ty
resident Villege Idiot
Reason is the exact distance between senile and infintile
SHAMAN

Postby Logary » Nov 26, 2003 (4:55 pm)

I disagree with that, I think it is too easy to work defences right now. If everyone goes and maxes out their defences we will be looking at another change to fix that problem and maybe another reworking of skills. Make it harder to raise the defences and keep the weapons where they are.
Logary
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby Goharo » Nov 29, 2003 (7:21 pm)

Ok well I dunno what level you two are but before the two was balanced far as learning defense isnt really easier to learn least for me. But weapons are seems how I kill everything so fast. Which isnt bad. But defense that i have found isnt any easier to raise its about the same. And you can only max out skills in jungatha and i can count the people that hunt there regulary on one hand.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby Clauddvon_Mauddiv » Nov 30, 2003 (11:55 am)

I agree, Goharo. Defenses seemed to raise about the same for me as before the previous changes. The offenses, however...even used regularly...seem to raise about 10 times slower.

Clauddvon
Clauddvon Maud'divv
~*~Ranger Extraordinaire~*~
...ummmm.....where's the Ranger's Guild???
Clauddvon_Mauddiv

Postby SHAMAN » Nov 30, 2003 (3:22 pm)

well im not sure how it is for the elders, but here's my situation...i have over 100 lessons in both dodge and light armor and less than 50 in both my weapons of choice. now, ill admit i have worked defences exculsivly in small amounts but even then it seems it takes forever and a day, yet learning defences seems not only easier but much faster.

now before the changes i had serious troubles learning defences...before the change my dodge was no better than 60-75 and my weapons were just shy of 110, where my parry was almost 90, and my armor i wont get into because its too confusing. i had 3 weapons up over 100 and was doing everythin possible to get my dodge up.

now as i said before, dodge is over 100 but im haven troubles gettin my weapons up to a semi-balenced point.

shrugs and trudges on in his quest for more than just combat skills
the villege idiot
Ty
cant stay in the half pipe, ive got dreams
SHAMAN

Postby GDEXXY » Dec 17, 2003 (5:19 pm)

It does need attention. Lots of it. And it's getting it currently, of which you will notice in forthcoming updates. Without replying to individual remarks and comments made throughout this thread, I just have to say that we *are* aware that there are many problems with combat and many ways that it could be (and will be) improved.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to Eaxia Rebuild, General