Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

General discussion for the Eaxia rebuild.

Postby SHAMAN » Nov 3, 2003 (12:55 pm)

ok im not sure where i should or even if i should post this but its happening and its happenin here...

With all due respect to my elders i have a few things I'd like to say
I've been hearing nothing but bitch whine moan complaine about the changes and how this person is pissed at the loss of levels and this person is upset at the loss of skills and such, bla, blah, ect...
I've heard rumor that many are leaving due to this and these are my thoughts.

not to be rude or uncaring but ta be totaly honest if ya leave it opens up a whole new world for those of us staying, sure we will no longer benifit from your wisdom, friendship, rp, and so on but no one can make you stay an i doubt the ghods will taylor the game to your spicific desires as thet would be totaly unfair to all. I will be sorry to see you go tho i can not speak for those that are staying. I think yer leaving is a slap in the face of all those that have worked so hard to make this place an enjoyable place to be. all the hours of work and research they have put in.

when you leave you leave us youngens to carry on the legacy and yer memories. as you each leave for new and what you may believe to be better things, you leave me and a few others as the elders to pass on our knowledge and expierence to those that shall come in the wake of yer departure. I do hope each of you has the kindness within to leave behind all yer worldly possesions so that they may get use from us(me).

yer desision to leave seems to be more of a temper tantrum than an ernest choise and in this I am most upset and disheartened. you will be missed and remembered if not by all by me as i can again not speak for everyone. i have much more to say on this subject but i dont see the use or need to say them as of yet..

resident Villege Idiot
Ty

Shallow is the mind that lies
Swallowed is the soul that dies
Borrowed is the time that's left
Hollow dreams leave a stain
Upon the soul of endless depth
SHAMAN
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Re: ...

Postby trenmarc-eaxia » Nov 3, 2003 (4:44 pm)

Most know me as a quiet one, I rarely speak loudly about my feelings. But i have to say this .... Well Said Ty. People start shouting they gonna leave after one day of the reset, barely enough time to test it out and see whats possible. From my playing around I see alot of potential, yeah i lost level, yes I have briefly lost my one spell, yes I lost alot of skill... so what thats not why I play this game... I play for the total experience the role play value... Eaxia has alot of potential and I will be staying for the long term and am making my own plans to help better the world as a whole.

Nuff said.
Trenmarc, The Gray Raven
Chief Elder of Clan Faleen
trenmarc-eaxia

Postby ALLRIGHT » Nov 3, 2003 (5:00 pm)

I personally dont see it as a temper tantrum, and I dont see it as a slap in the face to anybody. They have worked hard, but so have I. I worked really hard to get to level 60, and now I'm below level 50. It was said that people would only lose a few levels, and that we would be the same as we were before. I'm not even close to as good as I was before. I realize the system didnt work before, but no offense, but I dont wish to pay to be a tester. This game is a nice game, and the people that have worked on it have done a nice job. However it seems to me that this game is more geared toward the smaller characters. I do know that the people that have told me they were leaving, lost more than 10 levels, and used to be really good in their guild, now they are no better than an novice which I dont feel to be fair. Seems the only people happy with it lost a few levels and havent been here for very long. Everybody has worked hard, some dont want it taken away, those that did have quite a few things taken away arent happy and I can understand why. I have paid for and put a year into this game, and I'm just as good as I was when I first rolled my character. If this was supposed to balance it out, I dont see it as being balanced. Big people lose a lot of levels, smaller ones dont lose much, if any, and some gained levels not just wizards and mages. There was once a level ratio, I was 15 smaller than a barbarian, now we are 1 level apart. Doesnt seem to be balanced out.
ALLRIGHT
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Nov 3, 2003 (10:18 pm)

ALLRIGHT wrote:I personally dont see it as a temper tantrum, and I dont see it as a slap in the face to anybody. They have worked hard, but so have I. I worked really hard to get to level 60, and now I'm below level 50. It was said that people would only lose a few levels, and that we would be the same as we were before. I'm not even close to as good as I was before. I realize the system didnt work before, but no offense, but I dont wish to pay to be a tester. This game is a nice game, and the people that have worked on it have done a nice job. However it seems to me that this game is more geared toward the smaller characters. I do know that the people that have told me they were leaving, lost more than 10 levels, and used to be really good in their guild, now they are no better than an novice which I dont feel to be fair. Seems the only people happy with it lost a few levels and havent been here for very long. Everybody has worked hard, some dont want it taken away, those that did have quite a few things taken away arent happy and I can understand why. I have paid for and put a year into this game, and I'm just as good as I was when I first rolled my character. If this was supposed to balance it out, I dont see it as being balanced. Big people lose a lot of levels, smaller ones dont lose much, if any, and some gained levels not just wizards and mages. There was once a level ratio, I was 15 smaller than a barbarian, now we are 1 level apart. Doesnt seem to be balanced out.

Your entire complaint is based on your level loss. Read my message about it over in the Barbarian's forum and you'll quickly realize that the magnitude of level loss Barbarians experienced was not intentional AND HAS BEEN CHANGED. In short: you're upset over something you shouldn't be.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby ALLRIGHT » Nov 3, 2003 (10:53 pm)

The complaint is over, paying to test a game, these changes should have been made in Beta. The complaint is over having to start over, I worked to get skill points, I worked my skills in one way or another, and now they are gone. I've paid for this game, and worked on my characters for a year, and now its gone. Levels have been fixed for the new allocation, thats good, are skills coming back? Those skills havent even been out for that long and now they are being changed again. Everything I worked for is gone, not just the levels. I dont expect it to change due to some people being upset, some people like the change, some dont, some will stay, some wont. Doesnt matter if I only lose 5 levels or if I lose 10, its still losing something I worked and paid for.
ALLRIGHT
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Return to Eaxia Rebuild, General