Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

When? Countdown until the rebuild goes live...

Official announcements, updates, and details about the Eaxia rebuild.

When? Countdown until the rebuild goes live...

Postby GDEXXY » Oct 31, 2003 (5:25 pm)

I've had a lot of questions about when all of these rebuild changes will go live. The short and simple answer is 'as soon as we finish implimenting them', which we had hoped to have done by the end of this month. I've told some people that "there may be a chance they go live tonight, but if not -- tomorrow morning".

Right now, there's no chance the rebuild changes will go live tonight. There's just so much left to fine-tune, balance out, and test (not to mention a few things are still being given last-minute coding updates). Chances are that tomorrow morning is still a decent bet, but we may stretch it out until tomorrow afternoon or evening as necessary.

I will definitely keep you all posted!
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Re: When? Countdown until the rebuild goes live...

Postby GDEXXY » Nov 1, 2003 (10:11 am)

As of this writing, there is approximately eight to twelve hours of hardcore development and testing left to finalize before we can release the rebuild live. If I can hold up and not fall over dead, I will try to release the rebuild very late this evening or sometime tomorrow. Hope everyone's excited as I am! :lol:
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GDEXXY » Nov 1, 2003 (11:30 pm)

We're on the last leg of the rebuild now, spanning about 3-4 hours of work left. With an appropriate amount of Mt. Dew, I may be able to finish it tonight and launch it immediately after or first thing in the morning, but if not, there's no reason it shouldn't be finished by mid-day tomorrow.

*gulp*

Everyone ready for the switch to be thrown?
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GDEXXY » Nov 2, 2003 (12:39 pm)

The rebuild is live as of 3:30 AM EST this morning. Based on comments I've received and the recent polls, we will have two trial re-allocations.

They will work like this:

From 3:30 AM EST Nov 2nd, 2003 until 1:00 AM EST Nov 4th, 2003 we will have the first trial re-allocation. Experiment and play around with the new stuff, getting a feel for how your new character responds, but don't be too concerned if something feels horribly wrong. Provide honest feedback about how the changes have personally influenced you and your opinions on how the changes affect the game in general. A lot of tweaks, fixes, and even more rebuild changes are going to be installed during this period to fill any voids and fix any problems that arise.

At 1:00 AM EST Nov 4th, 2003, everyone will be reset to exactly how they were at 3:00 AM EST Nov 2nd, 2003 so that everyone gets a chance to re-allocate again -- maybe with different trainings, and maybe even with a different class.

From 1:00 AM EST Nov 4th, 2003 until 1:00 AM EST Nov 6th, 2003 we will haev the second trial re-allocation. This one is more serious and all of the major problems should be resolved or close to being fixed near the end of this re-allocation. Feedback is still very important, so provide lots of it so we can get this thing hammered down!

At 1:00 AM EST Nov 6th, 2003, everyone will be reset to exactly how they were at 3:00 AM EST Nov 2nd, 2003 so that everyone gets a chance to re-allocate again one final time. This marks the end of the trial re-allocations and anything you choose to do to your character from this moment on will be permanent.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to Eaxia Rebuild, Official Announcements