Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

DEAD? Who to call?

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

DEAD? Who to call?

Postby Segarion » Aug 24, 2003 (12:49 am)

Well, worst thing to happen is to die and have no one around to see you die. Basically, if that happens, no one will know your dead unless they are looking for you or they did see you die or someone walks by you by chance.

Anyway, I was dead and thinking in my ghostly form, "why the hell can't I just wander around detached from my physical body?" Makes sense since there is the wandering ghost themes out there. Besides making this a way to get help for yourself, it is also an RPing opportunity as well.

That's my 2 cents for today on the after life.
Segarion
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Re: DEAD? Who to call?

Postby GDGAELDROS » Aug 24, 2003 (2:37 am)

Segarion wrote:Well, worst thing to happen is to die and have no one around to see you die. Basically, if that happens, no one will know your dead unless they are looking for you or they did see you die or someone walks by you by chance.

Anyway, I was dead and thinking in my ghostly form, "why the hell can't I just wander around detached from my physical body?" Makes sense since there is the wandering ghost themes out there. Besides making this a way to get help for yourself, it is also an RPing opportunity as well.

That's my 2 cents for today on the after life.

Hmm...Interesting idea. I'll think about it and discuss it with the rest of the staff.
GD Gaeldros
GameDirector
Lore & History Department
Eaxia Online
Marketing Director
RPGN
GDGAELDROS
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby Eowyn Faleen » Aug 25, 2003 (9:31 pm)

Solution for that would be to make it possible for pets to run for help...say to STS and tell everyone that their master is dead and needs help.
Eowyn Faleen
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Aug 25, 2003 (9:41 pm)

Solution for that would be to make it possible for pets to run for help...say to STS and tell everyone that their master is dead and needs help.

Good idea, But if as he says he died when no one is around I assume he logged and was needing to call for help later, or after someone else logged on. Trouble is I seem to have trouble whistling for my wolf when I am dead! :shock:
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby argathian » Aug 25, 2003 (9:54 pm)

good point there vladim i cant seem to call my griffin when im layin on the isle with my body parts scattered either

the infamous
argathian
The Infamous,
Argathian
argathian
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby Eowyn Faleen » Aug 25, 2003 (9:59 pm)

Well perhaps if your pet could get you help, you would have it at the ready.
Eowyn Faleen
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby ALLRIGHT » Aug 25, 2003 (10:04 pm)

I personally like the ghostly form idea more than the pet idea. The pet idea seems a little Lassie-ish, Timmy stuck in the well kinda thing....Until something is done I personally would just get the AIM of a cleric, a lot of people do that to me when I first log on the tell me they are dead. Seems to have worked so far.
ALLRIGHT
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Aug 26, 2003 (7:15 pm)

But I'd much prefer to use the messanger as a last resort as opposed to an 'In character' thing like the ghostly visit or the 'Frantic Companion' to do the Lassie thing - like in DR where the fams go after the nearest or random cleric/raiser or be able to tell em to 'Find Timmy!" or in my case have my wolf arrive with an empty Keg :cry: - then you'd know i was in trouble!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby argathian » Aug 26, 2003 (8:09 pm)

oh i dunno the animal thing is alright but that would make it here alot closer to there and there is already stuff like it is over there why cant we just do the ghostly thing it is nuthin like any game ive been to. not to mention i think a "Argathian has sucumbed to his injuries" and a tell griffin to find arg aint that hard any way. but hey that me, and yes i do have a raiser and i have no probs doin it that way either.
The Infamous,
Argathian
argathian
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GMJULIANA » Aug 28, 2003 (3:43 am)

Hmm, like Gaeldros said it is an interesting idea. My question is, how could this be used in role-play? Besides scaring the pants off people? How far should the ghost/specter be able to travel? I also like the pet idea. Yes, it has been done before though.

GM-Juliana
GMJULIANA
Eaxia Online staff
Eaxia Online staff

Postby Histah » Oct 1, 2003 (10:55 pm)

Personally I like both ideas but I have my own.Why can't we use think when we're dead? We can talk so why can't we use think? Well at least it's something to think about.. :wink:
Histah
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Oct 2, 2003 (6:05 pm)

I wouldn't mind seeing bonded mates 'know' something has happened to their better? half at least. And perhaps at least one dying thought (think) might be fun and useful to have too!

You hear the mind of Vladim thinking "That troll made me spill my drink! Help!" :cry:

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Return to General