Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Seeking Clarity

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Seeking Clarity

Postby arriend » Sep 18, 2003 (1:19 am)

So after the progression cap was changed from 50th there was a news release about how often you can raise a stat and how other skills would progress....I've yet to raise a stat sense then but have heard from one person that it changed to be easier (raising every 2 promotions) and from another that it has changed to be twice as hard (raise every 8 promotions). If anyone up there has a second to shed some light on this, as well as other changes we should expect after passing 50th, it'd be greatly appreciated (New titles on the way...tertiary class, etc...?)
arriend
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Re: Seeking Clarity

Postby GDEXXY » Sep 18, 2003 (11:54 am)

The ability score progression for 50th+ is at every 8th level -- the first being at 56th, second at 64th, etc. Health pool additions are also slowed down some, by adding a few less points than in previous levels, for purposes of balance -- though I doubt any one of you could notice unless you had an 8 or 9 in Constitution.

Skill progrsession is entirely based on your own effort now, so it is not effected by level.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby arriend » Sep 19, 2003 (12:02 am)

Wow...so the higher you get the harder and less rewarding it is to level. Anyhow, was a bit unclear on that, seems a bit off to me, but that's just one mans opinion.
arriend
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Sep 19, 2003 (3:01 am)

The real reason behind this kind of growth has both real-life and in-game/role-playing implications. In D&D 3rd edition, you're given 1 point every 4 levels until 20th -- and that's all you get for forever. We thought this was a bit more fair.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby Goharo » Sep 19, 2003 (5:17 pm)

Yeah its less rewarding if you look at it like that. I never really remember getting anything from a level besides a title though. Only thing I really notice is the stat points every 8 levels stead of every 4. Which really isnt that big a deal, I mean with all stat increasing items.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Return to General