Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Ranger Spells

Ranger Spells

Postby rikard » Apr 28, 2003 (11:00 am)

I'd dearly love the ability to have a few more spells to cast as a Ranger. Entangle is lovely, though it doesn't last long for me....gotta keep training with it...I'd like to see something else nature oriented. It just seems a waste of my spellcasting abilities that I can cast so many higher level spells and I only have one. :o

Maybe a HP drain spell that lets you transfer HP from your foe into yourself? A dual heal/attack spell of sorts.

Hmm, more animal stuff....perhaps a spell that draws on a Ranger's skills in animal empathy and/or wilderness lore and possibly even Knowledge (Nature) to actually SUMMON more animals into the area? This would only work in current hunting areas, and would only summon the critters that would normally be there anyhow....but I know people are always complaining about having nothing to hunt, or creatures not spawning fast enough.

Similarly, it might also be nifty to have a spell that would banish critters out of an area...I often get swarmed in certain places and would find it nice if I could convince some things to leave.

Both these spells would likely work best on animals, I can't imagine summoning or banishing a pirate very well....though who knows what would be possible with enough training.
rikard
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Re: Ranger Spells

Postby Segarion » Aug 20, 2003 (10:14 pm)

Those spells seem very druid-like spells. I never really pictured rangers as big users of spells. More combat oriented than anything else to be quite honest. Anyone able to elaborate on what spells or abilities rangers should really have or get?
Segarion
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Aug 21, 2003 (1:44 am)

Spells for both Rangers and Druids are under active development (means they're on the top of the stack right now) and I daresay we expect to see some released hopefully in the next few weeks with a little luck.

While I can't be specific at the moment exactly what you should expect to see, I can say that Druid spells focus largely around healing, growth, and the protection and preservation of wildlife. Rangerly spells tend to be combat-oriented with a mix of utility spells (to help them with their senses and survival).
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby Segarion » Aug 21, 2003 (5:07 pm)

I hope something like an endurance spell would be nice where we never get tired. Maybe a pacifism spell where it calms the room down enough for the ranger to rest. Would a regenerative spell be out of the question for a ranger or is more like a druid spell?
Segarion
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby GDGAELDROS » Aug 22, 2003 (4:20 am)

Segarion wrote:I hope something like an endurance spell would be nice where we never get tired. Maybe a pacifism spell where it calms the room down enough for the ranger to rest. Would a regenerative spell be out of the question for a ranger or is more like a druid spell?

I see this more in the realm of the Druid than the Ranger, but, since I'm developing the spell concepts, I might come up with a way to aid the Ranger and/or his/her group (those JOINED to the ranger).

Just remember, no promises, and all spell concepts are still subject to revision until they are released.

GM Gaeldros
GDGAELDROS
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby Segarion » Aug 22, 2003 (1:20 pm)

Maybe an accuracy spell of some sort? Basically it helps the player by increasing their chances of getting really good hits on the critter be it unarmed, melee weapons, or ranged. I guess more like an increase in critical hits.

What about a Call of the Squirrel spell? Basically it calls upon a horde of squirrels to stampede through the room and trample the enemy. Now that's a spell to reckon with.
Segarion
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby GDGAELDROS » Aug 23, 2003 (12:20 am)

Segarion wrote:What about a Call of the Squirrel spell? Basically it calls upon a horde of squirrels to stampede through the room and trample the enemy. Now that's a spell to reckon with.

Ok, I want to know who leaked word of this spell?! :wink:

GM Gaeldros
Lore & History Dept.
GDGAELDROS

Postby Clauddvon_Mauddiv » Aug 23, 2003 (2:39 pm)

::begins drooling all over himself and blankly muttering the words....S P E L L S !, MMMMNNNNN::

Clauddvon
Clauddvon Maud'divv
~*~Ranger Extraordinaire~*~
...ummmm.....where's the Ranger's Guild???
Clauddvon_Mauddiv
Veteran Forums Adventurer
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby GDGAELDROS » Aug 24, 2003 (2:30 am)

Clauddvon_Mauddiv wrote:::begins drooling all over himself and blankly muttering the words....S P E L L S !, MMMMNNNNN::

Oops, did I say Ranger spells? I meant Druid spells. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket :wink:

GD Gaeldros
Game Director
Lore & History Department
Eaxia
Marketing Director
RPGN
GDGAELDROS

Postby Histah » Oct 1, 2003 (10:10 pm)

Maybe a Hornet Swarm spell? Or maybe a Spider Call that can web and has a small chance of poisoning your foe? *drools* now those are ranger type spells.... 8)
Histah
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Return to Future Changes