Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Multiple accounts

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Multiple accounts

Postby xgurlmech » Aug 20, 2003 (6:08 pm)

I dont really know how to say this so that my point comes across clearly....but I have a problem with people with multiple accounts using that to their advantage.....For example, a person was sneaking around STS, everybody left, and when you sneak you gain more to the skill if you are sneaking away from or into a place with someone in it. This person gets a character from their other acount to sit there while they sneak. And then has that same character hide while they search, building their search skill. Another example, when you have two of youre characters from different accounts sparring, so that a cleric from youre third account can get exp from raising and healing. I dont know if this is how its supposed to be or if its a problem or what, I just personally find it as annoying and as bad as scripting.
Tristin the tree-killer
xgurlmech
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Re: Multiple accounts

Postby GMKATIANA » Aug 20, 2003 (6:48 pm)

I am not 100% sure, so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me. But I believe this is an abuse of mechanics, particularly having two characters injure/kill each other simply to get experience by raising or healing.
GMKATIANA
Eaxia Online staff
Eaxia Online staff

Re: Multiple accounts

Postby GDEXXY » Aug 21, 2003 (1:35 am)

Everyone has mixed feelings about this so I'll summarize, then break down both of your examples.

As long as the player operating both personas is clearly responsive with both and can maintain a role-playing perspective with both, it is generally not a mechanics abuse situation. If any average passer-by who attempts to interact with either (or both) characters can't easily tell whether or not that's the case, then there is nothing disturbing to the gaming environment by what the player is doing.

If a player has two characters that are learning skills from each other and are responsive (as above), then this is not an abuse or violation of any kind unless the actions become very repeatitive (disturbance) or "scrolls" fast enough (disturbance). This is usually pretty clear when it's happening.

If a player has two or more characters that are purposely being injured or otherwise constantly cause a situation that would generally be very anti-role-playing (like being intentionally hurt, getting killed, etc.) ESPECIALLY for the intended purpose of one of their (or even anyone else's) characters to have the opportunity to heal/help them for experience or some other gain, then that is a clear-cut example of a mechanics abuse, as Katiana points out. Report this if you see it.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to General