Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Comments

Damage done to limbs and specific areas of the body.

Postby xgurlmech » Jul 13, 2003 (5:09 pm)

First I like the area-Specific damage, but I think there needs to be a NPC healer on the isle with the jungatha's and the isle with the hell hounds, and in pirates dungeon. Ive died a few times on the isle, in one hit because it tears off my leg, it takes at least 45 minutes before I can start hunting again. If there was a healer on each of those islands like the one at STS, it would be much easier and less frustrating.
Tristin the tree-killer
xgurlmech
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Jul 13, 2003 (5:35 pm)

A few people have asked me for this privately and although I've considered it, I don't think it's something we'll invest the time in to do for the following reasons:

The Healers class is due for a release soon -- probably by the end of July (this month), so reliance on NPC healers to heal severely-damaged areas won't be quite as relevant as it is currently.

Right now, critical damage (like losing limbs) only happens if you lose a large percentage of your health (like more than 75%, if I recall), so it won't happen unless you're close to dieing or hunting way over your level. Changes are better than good that if you lose a limb, you just died anyway (or are very close to it) and with respect to Mantaya Isle, you're hunting the hardest creatures in the game therefor it's a little riskier to do so -- it may take longer to get help to drag back to Semanri. If dragging had a roundtime, this would be much more of an issue.

And lastly:

The islands are a dangerous place -- no place for a healer to make permanent residency in. I'm not sure how many willing and able healers you'd find to station out there. Maybe if one were offered adequate compensation, though. I'd solicit to the prince your request should you feel the necessity to do so. An in-character post in the role-playing forum of these message boards would do nicely since an opportunity for a formal appearance may take a while to produce.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby xgurlmech » Jul 13, 2003 (6:15 pm)

Then maybe it was a bug or something that should be looked into, I had 70% life, hadnt been hit at all, I got hit one time, lost the leg, and was dead. I wasnt hunting a creature over my level. I'm 41st level and was hunting a marbled jungatha. And I'm not sure if it was supposed to change or not, but dragging does have a 3 second round time, which isnt quite long unless youre coming from the dock to STS. I also know a level one fighter that got bit by a rat, got his head bit off and died with 50% life still on his bar, so maybe this is a bug. And also, where would I request a healer in an in-character post?
Tristin the tree-killer
xgurlmech
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Jul 13, 2003 (7:18 pm)

I guarantee you that there is no bug with vitality and damage as it is right now. Heads, necks, and chest areas that are destroyed will always result in an instant death, even if you didn't lose all of your health points.

It must have been hell of a hit to kill you instantly if you had 70% health. Of course, you may be mis-perceiving the health range -- it may have been closer to 50% or less health you had remaining. Furthermore, you may have died from blood loss (succumbing to your wounds), not from the jungatha's attack itself. Blood loss is pretty severe when you're missing a (or have a completely destroyed) body area.

As far as dragging having a roundtime, I didn't realize it did. However, since Healers are going to be coming out very soon, if you guys would like to persue an NPC healer to move out to the islands for you, you should speak with the prince and petition your cause. :)
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby Rob » Aug 3, 2003 (8:14 pm)

I was wondering when or if Area-Specific Armor will come out? We have helms, and gauntlets and stuff like that. Helms are just for looks and gauunlets add a small amount to overall AR. I know that would take a whole rewrite for armor and would take some time I was just wondering if it was something you were thinking about or just staying with one armor rating system?
Robkin (Just one person)
Rob
Spammer
Spammer

Area-Specific Armor

Postby GDOBDURATUS » Aug 5, 2003 (7:33 pm)

Exxy can correct me if I'm wrong, but at this point, we are not planning to make armor area specific. While it would certainly be more realistic, it would also be more of a hassle for you guys, and would force you to wear armor over all areas. I wouldn't imagine that it would be that big of a deal to do, if you guys all want it, but I can tell you that currently, you're taking no extra damage to un-armored areas simply because they are un-armored.
~Game Director Obduratus Veralothe,
~ The Incomparable
GDOBDURATUS
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Re: Comments

Postby GDEXXY » Sep 11, 2003 (12:45 pm)

A little late in my reply, but yes, that's correct. No area-specific armor is intended to be developed at this time.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby arriend » Sep 25, 2003 (12:09 am)

Is there any plan to have a called shot feat/skill/option in the future? It seems critters like to try to run away when at near death...wouldn't it be convenient if they didn't have legs to run away on? Yeah, you see what I'm getting at here :lol:
Anyhow, let me know what you think or have already determined on this topic, I'd be interested to know.
arriend
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Sep 25, 2003 (11:17 am)

Creatures will have area-specific damage in the future and players will have the ability to target specific areas, yes.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to Area-Specific Damage