Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Evil Pixies

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Evil Pixies

Postby Rob » Mar 13, 2003 (12:52 pm)

The worst thing to happen to game in awile. You slow down the game which was a good thing and needed , then you give out pixies so people can hunt longer without waiting to heal or use Clerics to heal. So they can just hunt and hunt. Pixie really need to die off. Maybe just have then be able to cast CLW like 10 times then they fly away.
Rob
Spammer
Spammer

Postby xgurlmech » Mar 13, 2003 (3:28 pm)

I agree with you 100%. I am a cleric and since Combat 2.0 has come out, which I enjoy, I have a very hard time gaining experience. I timed it and it takes me over 5 minutes to kill one skeleton. So when I go to sts and someone needs healed, I have to race the pixie for my experience. Im not saying that I enjoy characters being hurt, but when they are hurt, clerics are supposed to heal, not pixies. How are clerics supposed to gain any levels, we cant hunt that well, use to be we could use Na'Dracks Dagger, but that doesnt do much to anything, so all we basically have is to heal, and the pixies are taking that away.
xgurlmech
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 13, 2003 (8:21 pm)

While I sympathize with your feelings, I'll have to dispell the concept that pixies heal for any sizable amount of health that the role of clerics has lessened to a significant degree.

Fact #1: 99% of the existing pixies heal 7-15 HP every 1 minute.

Fact #2: 95% of the characters who have pixies are melee combatants over 20th level and have LOTS of hit points (220-250).

Fact #3: healing experience, while a benefit to being a cleric, should not be relied upon as the sole means of experience gain. Fighters have very little advantage over clerics in melee combat and that's dependant on how they have trained their ability scores, while clerics can heal themselves in battle, greatly improving their chances of winning.

In summary, while the increased hit point regeneration that pixies adds helps the average mid-to-upper level character regain lost health when a cleric is not available, it is hardly an acceptable substitute for healing spells and the rate at which health is restored is not significantly damaging to the amount of experience points awarded to healing spells.

Again, I do sympathize 100% with how you *feel* and hope that this message helps clarify how pixies operate to the degree that they are not damaging to a cleric's general ability to gain experience points through healing other characters.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby xwielder » Mar 15, 2003 (5:49 pm)

I personally think the Pixies are cute!! <grin>

I think they're more of a novelty NPC than something that significantly benefits or ruins a players ability to heal.

After all, 7-15 pts per minute, jeesh, that's more of a tease than a real heal. :)

~Paladin Xwielder Greystorm
xwielder
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GMCANTERRO » Mar 26, 2003 (4:20 pm)

aye, when you get as big as folds like me and xweilder those pixies put just a small dint in our healing. Infact after having mine for a couple of weeks now I like to think of it as a very anoying reminder togo get a proper healing:)
Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle...
Give me a handfull of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war! ~General George S. Patton
GMCANTERRO
Eaxia Online staff
Eaxia Online staff

Postby sweetfae » Mar 27, 2003 (2:54 am)

I like my pixie. While I'm not as big as Tass or X, most of the time if I'm really injuried I need to find a cleric or use a potion because the pixie doesn't heal me enough. But like X I like 'em as a NPC and don't see them as really giving any great bonus to anyone or detracting from the game at all. They just add a bit of whimsy =D.

Mia
sweetfae
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

PS

Postby sweetfae » Mar 27, 2003 (2:58 am)

Tass my BSM director is an Aggie... :lol:
sweetfae
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby Rob » Mar 27, 2003 (2:54 pm)

The point of my post was that the game has been slow down, which was really needed bad, and then pixies come out to help speed it up again. I know, that they do very little but they still speed up healing.
Rob
Spammer
Spammer

Return to General