Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

When does it end?

Please, no advertisements of any kind. We will ban accounts from the forums (and possibly the game) for violations of this rule.

When does it end?

Postby JAMESM » Jun 22, 2005 (2:00 pm)

I've only been gaming in eaxia now for roughly 2 weeks and it's sad that in that time period i've talked with numerous ppl who are leaving because of hte rudeness of older gamers. Those select few who walk the fine lines within policy so as to not to be found in error and yet at the sametime proceeding with actions of a questionable candor. I ask myself when does it stop? Is it simply because these individuals rp the matters out and go on with life that their behavior is over looked at the cost of new gamers? Where do we begin saying enough is enough and giving the boot to everyone across the board instead of looking hte other way?

Hey if it's an rp that's great however the select individuals who go out of their way to cause havoc, strike and grief to players thus resulting in their termination needs to stop. We're all going to be tempermental from time to time and rub elbows that's merely a fact of life in RL and fantasy
Shape up or Ship out as they say. and the sour apples should get it the worst.Just venting a lil frustration ... hate losing gaming friends over childish matters that grown adults should know how to handle more respectably and responsibly.

Sincerely,

Taintspore
JAMESM
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby BREEZE » Jun 22, 2005 (8:26 pm)

Well I think you found the appropiate folder to put this post, in with some other jokes.

I think you just may be talking about, at least in part, my character Scrok. If by havoc, strife and grief you mean reanimating the dead, I'm guilty. I have been guilty of this since gaining the abilty to reanimate at 30th level, and have been chased and killed for it since then. Death in Eaxia doesn't have much of a penalty, you don't even lose your training experience. Alot of the times after I reanimate, the newly created zombie is killed and resurected while I'm still in roundtime from my cast, with nothing really lost at all. Reanimation is part of the game, necromancers gain experince, a small amount so don't get your knickers in a twist, from the act of reanimating so I believe it's encouraged. The way I see it, gold in your pockets is always at risk from thives, and dead characters are always at risk of being "raised" by a necromancer. It's all part of the game.

Also, I find it hard to believe that someone who on the day they joined an evolved class claimed to have killed the king and raped the queeen and claimed to be the most powerful druid would have such a hissy fit over another causing "havoc, strife and grief". Not only have you made huge claims about your character and abilities, you slurred a high level character and insulted numerous others. What did you expect the reaction would be to your actions? Seems to me you want to be able to do and say anything you want, without having to deal with the repercusssions. Going after high level characters is either brave or foollish, in your case bravery is out becauseyou have logged out to avoid negative actions against your character.

PLayer of Scrok
BREEZE
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby BRANDON9741 » Jun 22, 2005 (10:00 pm)

Scrok raing people to Zombies isn't all that bad. I mean, i would rather be a zombie than dead any day. At least ya can move and stuff. You arent the problem. The problem is the people who cause little fights and agg them on till they become huge. Then everyone teams up on that person and makes it worse. We have had alot of arguments lately, more than usual and true alot of people are leaving, but it's their choice i guess. Can't change the way EVERYONE acts.

Just my two cents. :)
Evil Goblin Koaru Komodaki, Crazy tree hugger of Tes'Kata.
BRANDON9741
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Just my thoughts

Postby naelena » Jun 23, 2005 (12:45 am)

I can understand your point of view but as the saying goes it takes two to tango or in this case argue. If you cant get along there is an alternative to leaving the realms, just dont hang around the person who is causing the trouble. Why give that person the satisfaction of having 'run you off'? Use it to your advantage. RP it to the hilt. Conflict is needed to create storylines.

As far as Scrok going around making zombies, hey, he's a necro, thats what he's supposed to do. Naelena abhors anything to do with necromancy so of course she isnt going to take kindly to being turned into a zombie. And will defend any younguns when dead to the best of her ability to keep them from being turned into one, unless they wish otherwise and she is aware of that fact. I, for one, am greatful that he does. It finally gives the game an added depth that has been lacking for quite sometime. 99% of folks in game are good natured and get along well. Which in theory is Utopia. However, without conflict of some kind, life tends to become very boring. I think its great that someone is finally playing an evil character and playing it well. And might I add, not taking it personal to the player that other folks in game dont "like" them. If you play an evil character not many other characters are going to like you, it doesnt however mean that other players dont like you and dont appreciate having opposition.
naelena
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby BRANDON9741 » Jun 23, 2005 (8:25 pm)

Ya know...it's not so much the arguing that people are leaving. It's that people found a new game that they say is better than Eaxia. So, they are leaving eaxia to play it :(
Evil Goblin Koaru Komodaki, Crazy tree hugger of Tes'Kata.
BRANDON9741
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby HRFAITH » Jun 23, 2005 (11:10 pm)

I haven't been around much recently, but I haven't left. I just haven't had much time to play.
HRFAITH
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby SHAGGGYONE » Jun 24, 2005 (11:03 am)

Eaxia should NOT be some utopia where everyone hugs and kisses. I like and respect the characters the rp evil characters because in a real world situation theres evil people out there too. If you can't stand a little bit of conflict or actualy get real life grief from this you should probibly stop a think for a second.

Its just a text based game. A GAME. No need to get stressed out about it.
SHAGGGYONE
Veteran Forums Adventurer
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Return to Jokes, e-mails, links