Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Create-A-Merchant!

Itching to give into your creativity? Take a look at our contests -- who knows, maybe your creation will make its way to the game!

Create-A-Merchant!

Postby GDAUTUMN » May 4, 2010 (8:16 pm)

Greetings Eaxians!

It is contest time again! It's been a fair while since we've had one, so I figured that we are due! Players, you may design your own merchant! Your design should be from one of the following three categories:

Weapons and Armor
Clothing/Containers/Misc Fluff
Jewelry

Your entry should be in the following format:
Character Name:
Merchant Room Name:
Merchant Room Description:

Items for sale (and where they are located in the room, if applicable). I will allow players to do between 10 and 20 items for sale. List them in the following format:
TAP:
LOOK:
READ: (if any)
Items should not be verbed and not be magical -- you may include these in your designs, however, but I cannot promise that verbed and magical items will be implemented into the merchants. They also will not weigh into my decision on the winners of this contest.

Depending on the number of entries, I may allow players to enter for more than one category -- so feel free to produce designs for different categories just in case!

Also, please do not name your merchant after your character, such as “Autumn’s Art Shop”. You may make up a name, or you may simply just put NAME to leave it to the GMs to come up with a name for your merchant. You may also give your merchant a generic shop name, such as, “Distinctive Fashions” – it is totally up to you.

Entries can be submitted via PM here on the forums for via email at GM-Autumn@XXXXX.XXX. I'm happy to take attachments in .doc, .txt, or .rtf formats.

Entries must be submitted by June 4, 2010 to qualify for this contest. After which time I'll go through, fish out the best one, and declare the winners!

Prizes will be awarded as follows:
One GRAND prize consisting of one of every item from your merchant design and two alterations of your choice.
One First Place - Five items from your merchant and one alteration of your choice.
One Second Place - Two items from your merchant and one alteration of your choice.
One Third Place - Two items from your merchant.

Please keep in mind that once winners are selected, the merchants and items will take some time to be created, so do allow for some time for your prizes to be awarded after you've been announced!
GameDirector Autumn,
Exxy's do-everything girl.
GDAUTUMN
Eaxia Online senior staff

Re: Create-A-Merchant!

Postby GDAUTUMN » May 10, 2010 (3:26 pm)

I am going to go ahead and open this up so players may do one entry for each category. However, you may only win once, but submitting one in each category does increase your chances of winning!
GameDirector Autumn,
GDAUTUMN

Postby GDAUTUMN » May 30, 2010 (12:14 pm)

This ends this Friday (the fourth!) guys! Make sure you get those submissions in! Late submissions will not be accepted!
GameDirector Autumn,
GDAUTUMN

Postby GDAUTUMN » Jun 3, 2010 (11:44 am)

Tomorrow at midnight (EST) is the deadline for this! Get your entries in! Late ones wont be accepted!
GameDirector Autumn,
GDAUTUMN

Postby BIGTEX » Jun 3, 2010 (11:18 pm)

so where do i post this
BIGTEX
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby GDAUTUMN » Jun 4, 2010 (10:22 am)

It says in the first post to either PM it to me here on the forums, or to email it to me. :)
GameDirector Autumn,
GDAUTUMN

Postby GDAUTUMN » Jun 5, 2010 (11:46 am)

Congratulations to:

Bolvar, who won the grand prize.
Ungar, who won first place.
And Senerik, who won second place.

And since I only had these three enter, there was no third place prize!

Congratulations again to our winners! I'll be in touch. :)

It's a shame more of you who asked me about the contest and had questions didn't enter! Tsk!
GameDirector Autumn,
GDAUTUMN

Return to Contests